jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Who was the greatest leader of all time?

1. 0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 5 years ago

Whether it is a religious figure, a political figure head or just someone you know, who was/is the greatest leader of all time and why?

1. 0
      jomineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it'll be Genghis Khan. From scratch he built a nation that stayed.
      Chandragupta maurya will be another figure for the same reason.
      Romus or Numa Pomphilus if not fictional characters qualify.
      M.K. Gandhi who could make opposing forces work together is another

1. 0
        Phoebe Pikeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But which one in particular do you lean towards? I am biased in my own thoughts, but I am interested in what other people think. Which type of leadership causes success in your eyes?

1. 0
          jomineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

leadership means to lead people, in difficult times and yet acheive results. I think Khan should be number one.
          Success part is more or less subjective, but I think Khan was a success, a nation that lasted more than 300years.(exact I forgot).

1. 0
            Phoebe Pikeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is an impressive mark on history.

2. Donna Suthard profile image83
          Donna Suthardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe Jesus, was one of  the greatest teachers..as he taught unconditional love, defenseless, courage, and strength in his convictions.. He never once played the victim.. I would also mention Squanto, Mahatma Ghandi,  Yogananda,  Babaji, Mother Teresa and others..

2. mathsciguy profile image60
      mathsciguyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm partial to Napoleon Bonaparte.  Or, perhaps, Paul Atreides.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I personally know a man who contributed thirty five thousand dollars a month to a drug rehab/discipleship ministry until he went bankrupt.  Guess what?  He's worth millions yet again - he had faith that what he was doing was what he should be doing.

No, I don't always agree that that person, and had a few arguments with the guy - but he was and is a hell of a leader.

3. 61
    ForYourInfoposted 5 years ago

Whoever can lead your life and mind towards good is a great leader.I personally believe Jesus.Because all the goodness I can extract from this devine soul.