jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Doesn't math seem the only big problem in studies

1. Voronwe profile image60
    Voronweposted 4 years ago

You are right about hard work not paying off in math. The problems a student can have with math are not like other study problems...it takes time and dedication to improve. You can practice all you want...open a reference book...copy the question in your notebook and summon all your concentration to solve it...then take a peek at the solution or hint and it is done. Not so.

What you must master is the basic understanding of the topic...the various applications and exceptions of a theorem or formula and to be able to recognize it in the question. And to be able to list the correct ways you can approach the question with. During school, I noticed that especially in the subject of math, the teacher's attitude and level of interest in the student's developmment can be extremely affecting.
    Nevertheless, Finding a tutor is essential- one who can directly address to the problems you have. If you can, make a group study (not a large one!) maybe 4 or 5 and have a tutor preside over the study. During high school and the much-dreaded Calculus, I found these sort of group-study tutions really helpful. All the best!

2. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

I have always had to study forever to get good grades in math. Math is easier for boys. It's a brain thing. Boys. Math and Science.  Girls. English. Writing. Languages. Exceptions of course. But it's not fair!!!!