12 Signs You Are Truly An Adult
It Sneaks Up On You...
When you are a kid, all you want to be is an adult. Once you are an adult, you really can't remember how you even got there. I mean, someone has to pay that pile of bills sitting on the counter. When did that someone become you? Adulthood... it has a way of sneaking up on all of us.
So when do we really become an adult? Is it when you turn 18 years old? Maybe it is when you turn 21 years old. After all, if we are going to have all these new responsibilities, we'd better be old enough to drink. I suppose there is no definite age. Some people act like adults by the time they reach their 12th birthday. Other folks are 50 and their mothers still wash all their clothes for them and tuck them in at night.
Since I'd like to help everyone out there determine if they are truly adults, I have created this handy list. These are the signs you are now truly an adult. Don't get me wrong, not all of these signs are going to apply to everyone of us. However, I'd say if you can relate to at least 4 or 5 items on this list, my friend, you are now a real adult. Congratulations... or maybe I should offer my sympathy instead.
Signs You Are Truly An Adult
- The most excitement you've had all week was finding chicken on sale for half price at your local grocery store. You even had a coupon, so you saved a total of 65% on it. Oh yeah, you did the math. And then you posted a status update about it on Facebook.
- You find yourself on any given day saying at least once, "Oh, my back is really bothering me today," or "My knees keep aching... I'll bet it is going to rain."
- While planning for Saturday night, you and your partner check out movie times. Since the movie doesn't start until 8 p.m., you both determine that is unreasonably late and waiting for it to come out on DVD is a way better idea.
- Suddenly that retirement home down the street looks more appealing each day. You can't believe just how young the residents look to you now.
- You've sat up at least one night putting together a children's toy that was so complex to piece together, you almost gave up. Three hours into it, you wished your kids just liked toys that were already assembled.
- You no longer get excited about the new gadget at the Apple store or a new video game. Instead, you are shopping for the best toaster oven at the most reasonable price. Once this item is purchased, you invite others over to admire it. Suzy is most excited about the sliding removable tray included with it, but Kelly likes the broiling feature the best. You are the envy of the neighborhood!
- When you go to buy the latest Twilight DVD for yourself along with a cute Hello Kitty t-shirt, the cashier kindly asks if you are buying these items for your daughter. You don't even have a daughter.
- Instead of going into, "I used to walk 5 miles in the snow" stories, you've started telling, "I remember when we had to walk across the room to change the channel" stories.
- If you hear a scary sound in the middle of the night, you can no longer cower and hope someone else figures it out. You are the person that must investigate the scary sound now. Make sure to keep a robe and a flashlight near the bed.
- You've actually heard these words coming out of your mouth: "These kids nowadays! I don't know what's wrong with them!"
- Shopping at Hollister or Love Culture is just too much for you. They keep the music cranked up way too loud! Christopher & Banks or Coldwater Creek are much better shopping options.
- Your parents have now started asking you for advice instead of the other way around. You sure hope they never figure out you still don't know what you are doing!
Even More Helpful Lists for You...
- 13 Signs You Need a Vacation
Do you need a vacation? Are you really stressed? Maybe you need some assistance determining how much you need a vacation. Well, you need to read the 13 Signs You Need a Vacation.
- 10 Signs You Are Living in a Haunted House
If you are hearing something strange go bump in the night, you'd better learn the 10 signs you are living in a haunted house.
- 20 Signs You Have a Terrible Roommate
How do you know if you and your roommate simply do not get along or if you have an awful roommate? Check out the 20 Signs You Have a Terrible Roommate.
- 20 Signs You are Staying at a Bad Motel
It is the time of year to start planning some vacations. If you are planning to stay at a motel, do yourself a favor and put some research into it. After all, you don't want to stay at a terrible place. You can read
More by this Author
Don't just be a conformist and use the same tired old greetings on the phone at work. Let's step outside the box and start using some fun new greetings.
Living in a haunted house doesn't have to be a bad experience. Before you attempt to kick out a ghost, try being friends with your new ghostly roommate instead.
Hamsters are well known for being escape artists. If your pet hamster does escape, here are some tips for finding your missing pet.