12 Signs You Are Spoiling Your Dog
Let's face it, we all love our dogs. They are just so adorable. Sure, you could have other pets, but it is hard not to spoil your dog. They are loyal, they love you unconditionally, and that wagging tail let's you know they are happy. So it is only natural to make your puppy as happy as possible.
Are you constantly buying toys and treats for your dog? Do you let the dog sleep in bed with you? Do you have more outfits for your poodle than yourself? Does your dog have a favorite meal and you cook it for him all the time? Well, you may be spoiling your dog. Let me help out you with a little list to see if your dog is spoiled rotten.
Top Twelve Signs Your Dog Is Spoiled
1. Your dog gets better presents than you do for his birthday. Last year, you got a gift card for Bath & Body Works and cake for your birthday. Your dog got a carob cake, ten toys, three outfits, and a new bed for his birthday. Then you took him shopping at Petsmart so he could spend his gift card, which happened to be worth more than your gift card.
2. If you are planning on going on vacation, but you think your puppy will be sad to see you go, you cancel your vacation plans. If you find out your pup can come with you, then the vacation is back on. There is no reason for Fido to feel abandoned!
3. You once carried a purse with you when you left the house, but now you carry a small pet carrier so you can take Tinkerbell with you wherever you go. Along with the pink carrier with sparkles, Tinkerbell wears her matching sparkly, pink dress everywhere you take her. It is simply unacceptable if her wardrobe does not match the carrier bag.
4. You've created a puppy sanctuary in the back seat of your car. This way, when you drive anywhere, it will be more comfortable for your dog. Not only is it comfortable, it has food, water, blankets, etc. He doesn't even have time to stick his head out the window because he is too busy watching movies on your iPad.
5. You take your dog with you everywhere you go. Going to the mall? You've been known to pretend your dog is a service dog (which you should not fake!) just to walk him around. I mean, he wanted to pick out his own purchases, so of course you need to try to get him in.
6. You don't have pictures of your children with Santa Claus, but you do have photos of your puppy with him. As a matter of fact, every year you take your dog to the mall or the local shelter so he can pose with Santa. Sometimes you even try to get him to pose with the Easter Bunny, but since he likes to chase rabbits, that does not always work out well.
7. Your dog has a big birthday bash every year. She likes to get treats from you, as well as all the other pets in the neighborhood that want to attend. Last year, you even rented a bouncy castle and bought a kiddie pool for the dogs. It then became a pool party. You probably took it too far when you bought that string bikini for Fluffy.
Is your dog spoiled?
8. You've been sleeping on the same old mattress for about ten years. It should have been replaced when that spring started poking you in the back. However, you'd spent all your money buying doggie beds for most rooms in your house. Now, little Buffy can rest in comfort no matter where you go.
9. While shopping anywhere, you are always looking for new toys for your dog. If you buy anything for yourself, you'd better believe Rover is getting something new, too.
10. While making any delicious chicken or steak dinner, you throw a little extra food in so you can cook it for your dog. Not only is your dog getting some tasty "people food," you've even been known to set it on a plate and put it at the table for the dog. This is why many of your friends insist on dining out with you instead of sitting at your kitchen table now.
11. You've started allowing your dog to sleep in bed with you. It wouldn't be so bad except Snoopy sometimes takes up the whole bed. Instead of kicking him out, sometimes you end up on the couch or the floor. It is OK since Snoopy snores anyway, and you'd hate to wake him up and disturb his sleep.
12. I have just two words for your and your pet: matching outfits! Need I say more?
Copyright ©2015 Jeannieinabottle
More Hubs You May Like:
- 10 Reasons Your Dog Thinks You Are Crazy
Your dog thinks you are crazy. He loves you, but he still does not understand why you do most of the things you do.
- Reasons Why Your Pet Hates You
If your pet seems to be avoiding you no matter what you do, your pet might dislike you. Your furry friend might even hate you. Let me help you determine the problem and then find a solution.
- How to Make Your Hamster Pose in Embarrassing Holiday Photos
Your hamster secretly wants to star in holiday photos. You and your hamster just didn't know it until now. Here are some helpful tips on getting your hamster to pose in embarrassing holiday photos.