jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Which do you prefer? The Hulk or Hellboy?

1. Femina Vox Vocis profile image61
    Femina Vox Vocisposted 3 years ago

For me, I prefer Hellboy. Hellboy is not so animated unlike Hulk. I think, they exaggerate the size ofthe   
    hulk in the movie. In the tv series, he is not that big. While hellboy is very realistic in size for a fictional character. And he's funny too.

1. 0
      Sarra Garrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hellboy by far.  The Hulk is just too feminine especially in the last movie - he prances, eee gads

2. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago

Read the original comic books.  In those, Hulk is often portrayed as a freaking giant among other men.  The 60's tv show with Lou Ferigno and Bill Bixby wasn't accurate to the character as many might think.  No, it's just more recognizable to most mainstream audiences.

3. Vlorsutes profile image93
    Vlorsutesposted 3 years ago

I think it depends on which version of the Hulk you're talking about. There have been a number of different cartoons with him, the 70's live action series/TV movies with Bill Bixby, and the three movies (The Eric Bana movie, the reboot featuring Edward Norton, and then the Avengers with Mark Ruffalo), and his size hasn't been very consistent in any of them. Likewise, even in the comics, depending on the era, his size has ranged from just a bit larger than a man to towering over a normal person.

The Edward Norton and Mark Ruffalo incarnation of the Hulk (which is technically the same version) is pretty close to the classic design and size of the Hulk in the comics, so I'd say it's very accurate. At the same time though, Ron Perlman's depiction of Hellboy is very impressive. It's not quite as over the top as the comic, but it's still faithful and is a testament to classic prosthesis over CGI.

Personally though, I prefer the Hulk, just because I never grew up with Hellboy comics like I did the Hulk, so I wasn't a fan of him going into the movies. I've come to respect the character and like it, but I just prefer the most recent movie incarnation of the Hulk.

4. 0
    rmcmillenposted 3 years ago

If I have to take a big, hulking colored superhero, I am more prone to Hellboy because at least you can understand what he says....... even if its not all that much more interesting than "HULK SMASH!!"