jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Which dress size is preferred most by men AND women?

1. ii3rittles profile image81
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

Which dress size is preferred most by men AND women?

Dress sizes being 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, ect.

It seems most women want to be a size 4 or 6 while most men prefer size 8 or 10. I guess it depends on the figure as well.

2. Fellow Mumbaite profile image73
    Fellow Mumbaiteposted 6 years ago

yeah I agree it depends on figure and size also. On particular occasions I would prefer tight and perfect size, but normally I would also see my comfort level.

3. loveorlost profile image37
    loveorlostposted 6 years ago

I like to see women in tight fit wear. Dress should be wear according to occassions.

4. smzclark profile image59
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

I would, as a woman, say size 10-12 for a woman around 6ft, size 6-8 for a woman of approx 5ft

5. rob_allen profile image83
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

it depends. there are many factors that affect the decision of both men and women when it comes to choosing their preferred dress. smile

6. profile image53
    qtpiedollposted 6 years ago

My perfect size is a 4. I think that most women my age, in their mid to upper 20s would prefer to be a size 4. I have watched my size slowly creep up to a 6 and it is killing me. Ask almost any woman in her mid to late 20s garantee size 4 is their ideal number.

7. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

yes we want to be the finest and they want some junk in the trunk...it is just not always easy to be able do distribute perfectly the extra weight!!!LOL
    I am target a size 6 for now...then I'll see how I look before more body sculpting!

8. SidKemp profile image93
    SidKempposted 6 years ago

The size that fits! (women's view)
    A bit too skimpy (guy's view) : )

9. MelissaVsWorld profile image84
    MelissaVsWorldposted 6 years ago

A choice of size isn't as accurate as a choice of figure.  Both myself and a friend of mine wear size 16/18.  I am 5'4", she is 5'6".  I have been told that I actually look thinner than she does because of the composition of my figure.  She is rounder in many areas than I am, but I am more top heavy and spread about proportionately.  My ideal figure is one where my stomach is smaller than my chest, and relatively "flat."

10. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

The dress size is an illusion created by makers of the clothes. For example, I am either a size 0.2,4 or 6 depending on the maker of the label. It does not make sense at all. I weigh the same and measure the same as I did when I was 1618 years old. My advice is don't pay attention to the size. Someone who loves you will not care which size you wear. Perhaps they would only when they want to buy you something, in which case, a clothing is a very personal gift and reserved only for the ones you are closest to, and they would know what you wear.

working