What did you think of the Mandarin in "Iron Man 3?"

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago

I should warn everyone that this thread will contain spoilers for "Iron Man 3."  therefore if you plan to see it, then please stop reading this post right now, and leave.  If you don't care about spoilers, or already saw it, then read on at your own discretion.

In the film, it's revealed the Mandarin is nothing more than a figurehead for the real mastermind behind the ten rings organization.  No, it's not the real Mandarin himself, as there is no mandarin in this film. no, he's just an actor who got plastic surgery, and killian pays him money to pose as the leader of the terrorist group. 

Needless to say, this has angered a lot of die hard comic book fans considering the Mandarin is not only Iron Man's most iconic nemesis in comic books, but he's also one of the more powerful villains out there.  After all, in the comics, mandarin has the powers of ten rings that allow him to wield magical powers.  Whereas this movie, he's reduced to a mere pawn for Killian's scheme.  For me personally, I liked the twist with his character, as it fit with the kind of story they were trying to tell.  However what do you guys think of that twist?