Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a child more than 10 years ago

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

(CNN) -- Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a child more than 10 years ago outside of his marriage to Maria Shriver, a source close to the former California governor confirmed to CNN Tuesday.
    The revelation, published first by the Los Angeles Times, came about a week after Schwarzenegger and his wife of 25 years announced that they were "amicably separating."
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/17/califo … er/?hpt=T1

so now we have more insight as to why they have separated..it's a tough thing for a spouse to deal with.
    What would you do?

1. nycgrl profile image60
      nycgrlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

the fact that she dealt with it for over 10 years is kind of shocking. I mean obviously she had to have known all this time. If she put up with it why bother divorcing now? She should have never married him in the first place! Someone as classy as her marrying a joke like him. I would never have married a meat head like him and if I ever had my husband cheat on me it would be done. Especially if there was a child that came out of the affair.  There is just nothing in the world that would let me forgive that. But the real shame lies with California voters who were the biggest idiots voting that fool into office.

1. nycgrl profile image60

Oh wow never mind now I read that he told her 10 years later.  This explains the divorce! Amazing that during his governorship this never got out.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Take the money and house in Hawaii and run ,lol smile

3. Daffy Duck profile image60
      Daffy Duckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would have divorced him when I saw all of the womanizing he had done.  He has a problem respecting women.Threre is a time to try to work things out, but there's also a place for trash--the curb

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Given his reputation PRIOR to meeting Maria, how could she NOT have known this. I believe she was pretty aware of what she was getting into. Perhaps he made certain commitments to her that he didn't ultimately keep, but I can't imagine her NOT knowing the kind of stuff he was doing before their marriage. This is not rocket science, and human nature appears on billboards in most cases like his.

1. Daffy Duck profile image60
          Daffy Duckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She probably did know, but women don't settle for things that are.  They tend to believe that they can change a man to fit their wants and needs.

Rocket science it isn't, but a lot of women still don't get it.

4. Miss Paula profile image39
      Miss Paulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what I would do, I hope I never have to worry about it!!

But i can't believe she didn't know about this,is she that blind or what!!

2. Neon Tiger profile image60
    Neon Tigerposted 12 years ago

Ugh, that dude makes me sick!
    Is there ANYONE involved in politics that can keep it in their trousers?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74

We tend to think because Politicians have had an education then that must mean they are smart-wrong!!

Guess they are just d ickheads with bigger bank accounts ,but definately not smart lol

2. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://www.city-data.com/forum/members/jill61-603505-albums-emoticons-pic41850-laughing-hysterically.gif

Ohhh how do I make that hilarious wee man ?

So adorable smile

3. Stacie L profile image89

"After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago," Schwarzenegger said in a statement obtained by CNN.

He didn't tell her til he left office..it tells me where his priorities are.he didn't want to ruin his image!

4. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 12 years ago

Evidence that party 'n play usually do catch up with you in later years. Evidence that Arnie's arrogance and entitlement issues are typical among über-achievers who also achieved wealth. Evidence that no matter what you have, it's usually not enough, and you're so insecure that you have to keep proving to yourself you can still have more.

Dominique Strauss-Kahn seems to have similar issues.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/ … 3560.shtml

Odd that the French would blame the US for taking aggressive action for his known sexual assaults, however.

Nonetheless, elitism and ego are a dangerous combination.

5. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

Wouldn't you think a guy savvy enough to become a millionaire in the health and fitness industry, an action hero movie star, and the governor of California would know where to buy a condom?

Apparently not lol

6. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

In the article he's quoted as saying he told his wife about "this event" - not about "this child" or "the child I have with someone else".  Not even "this situation".  Just, apparently, an isolated "event"  Call me, "picky about words", but I think the choice of the word, "event", pretty much says it all.

And how many other rendevous (not resulting in a child) kinda could be in his past.

Its the broken trust (or repeated) that perhaps his wife got tired of.

7. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

Does having another child with another woman while he is married affected his duties as governor? It is his personal life as long as he did his job, then wthc.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's the same thing that always comes up whenever these clowns' affairs become public.    I think a person who can't behave himself at least while he's in office, or at least when it comes to staff, is immature, lacks self-control, lacks good judgment, doesn't give a rat's "whatever" about using women and/or other people for his own purposes, and on and on and on.   it's commons for teenagers not to be willing/able to act like responsible adults.  When people aren't teens and still can't seem to manage to behave themselves - then they're just jerks (which would be fine if they hadn't been entrusted with public office - but since they have been, they ought to be worthy of it).  It's arrogant of people to think they shouldn't have to measure up as far as "standards" go, so that, in itself, shows how little they respect the office and anyone who voted them into it (and THAT's where it does affect how they do their job   hmm  ).

2. nycgrl profile image60

Normally I would agree with the fact that an affair is not a reflection of how well someone does their job (I wouldn't marry Bill Clinton myself but I think he did a damn good job as President when he was in office).  But in terms of Arnold, first off the fact that the people of California took him seriously enough to vote someone like him into office just kind leaves me wondering about what kind of people live in that state. And second, yea considering all the problems that state has can't see how he did such a good job.  So maybe he was paying too much attention to his womanizing instead of helping the people who were silly enough to vote him into office.

1. gracenotes profile image90
        gracenotesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

At the highest level of office in our land (e.g. the Presidency), a personal scandal of the kind Bill Clinton was responsible for DID cause waves of anger and betrayal that redounded far beyond Hillary and Chelsea.

I cannot help but believe that Clinton's cabinet and staff felt this sense of betrayal.  How would you like to see the President every day, shake his hand, and be waiting for the other shoe to drop?  Due to the special prosecutor's investigation, some of his staff members had subpoenas land on their desk and they had to hire lawyers for their own peace of mind.

I'm not saying that this should have happened.  I wish, wish, wish, that Ken Starr had not been able to carry forward with the Paula Jones case and the subsequent involvement with Monica Lewinsky.  It all should have been delayed until Clinton left office.  A real boondoggle, IMHO.

However, Bill Clinton did create the special prosecutor's office, against the strong advice of Hillary and high-level advisors.  Hil says she begged Bill not to do it.  So, yeah, Clinton behaved badly, and also made a bad judicial decision.  It all comes back on him.

As for Maria Shriver, she has a strong family connection to the Kennedy family, and Kennedy women, who are not dumb, have always seemed to be able to look past the womanizing ways of their husbands, even pre-nuptially.  They consider it a trade-off to be part of a power couple.  The women just hope that the worst will never happen.

3. profile image0
      lynnechandlerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree! The thing is the woman did tell her husband it was his. Was this a cover up connived together to hide the child or did this woman play him? We don't have all the facts and to stomp on him with it is just not right. There were multiple players and factors going into this and no one knows what she did to him during this or to cause "the event". You can't judge unless you, yourself live the life.

4. Bible Studies profile image64
      Bible Studiesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is about honor and integrity. If he can not have honor and integrity in his marriage, then how is he going to have any honor and integrity in the political office? How can people trust him and the promises he makes to the people if he can't even keep the promise he made to his wife during the marriage vows?

It is a reflection of his character.

Granted, it is one thing if he did this, repented, and abstained from having any more affairs. It is totally different if he never repented, and possibly is continuing to have an affair/s. That is something we don't know.

If he is willing to lie to his wife like that, then I see that he would be even more willing to lie to the public.

8. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

This is reality, it happens everywhere! Here, there, in every culture, diff. societies in various times. The thing is here in this society most still can't separate public from private lives.

I wonder what will be the reactions of most people if we have the same thing about like the Pres Sarkozy of France with his wife.

9. zebulum profile image71
    zebulumposted 12 years ago

I just want to know if/when the Mormons are outraged by this, because of, you know, the polygamy thing. Not that every Mormon respects that, of course. But still...

10. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

This kind of thing happens because "monogamy forever after" is an unrealistic expectation that not everyone can or even wants to live up to.

1. rhondakim profile image71
      rhondakimposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interesting theory...

11. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 12 years ago

Maria's such a stiff anyway, who could blame him?

1. rhondakim profile image71
      rhondakimposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How would you know? Unless you're just saying that to stir the pot...

12. Stacie L profile image89

now reports state that the love child is 14 years old..so the affair can't be ten years ago..

'Maria's such a stiff anyway, who could blame him?" logic.commonsense

maybe she had good reason..he may have just used her as a stepping stone...how sad for her!

13. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

Have you seen a pic of this woman? What was he thinking?!  She's no Maria Shriver by any stretch of the imagination!

1. celebritie profile image70
      celebritieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

well if  you know anything about men, when it comes to getting freaky in the sheets, looks doesn't really take first priority. She must have been good at other things that made up for her lack of beauty. LOL

14. celebritie profile image70
    celebritieposted 12 years ago

I don't think the fact that rich men get it on with their housekeepers is anything new.

Seems that while he was governor it was easy to cover this up but now that his term is up, the cat is out of the bag.

Did you catch that the housekeeper gave birth to his son just one week after his wife gave birth, so this would mean he had knocked them both up at the same time, I guess all that weightlifting made him think he was superman.

On the other hand who really cares it happened over a decade ago, and he took care of the mistress by paying money on a down payment of a house and he spent the holidays with the illegitimate son.

I guess that accounts for something. I hardly believe that the wife didn't have a suspicion, I think she just was in denial until the truth came out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)