jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Bert and Ernie: The Wedding Isn't Going to Happen

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

By Martha Brockenbrough
    Special to MSN TV

Don't buy the his-and-his bath towels for Bert and Ernie just yet.

Despite an online petition asking PBS to just marry off these Muppets already, there's a lot separating these two longtime roommates and the altar. Some is understandable, and some is a disturbing reminder of the cruelty that gay, lesbian and transgendered people face every day.

First, about the petition, which topped more than 5,000 signatures in a few days: Started by Lair Scott of Oak Park, Ill., it's ever so slightly suspect, not because he wants anything but to see Bert and Ernie get hitched, but because he's also behind a petition called Out Bert and Ernie.

MSN TV reached out to Scott, but he has not yet replied.
    http://tv.msn.com/mom-pop-culture/bert- … ?GT1=28103

well it seems that fans of the two muppets want them to be up to date and marry....what do you think?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Like has been said...they are puppets with nothing below the waist smile
    It was just as silly when Miss Piggy and Kermit got married.

It reminds me how stupid twas when Pat Robertson said the purple Teletubby was gay...

Two puppets can live together and not be gay lol

3. R.S. Hutchinson profile image86
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

I thought they were just roomates.

1. Jonathan Janco profile image82
      Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sure and Batman and Robin were just leotard wearing masked heroes who dwelt in a dark cave.

4. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

its sad while growing up you knew they're just roomates. 20 years later because gays can marry and more people are out all the sudden bert n ernie are gay! This is the dumbest sh....t I've ever heard!!!!!

5. Jonathan Janco profile image82
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

No I heard this or that from older kids that they were gay. Didnt really phase me. I was more concerned about why Kermit was with Miss Piggy.