jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Are you making catastrophe plans for 2012, just in case?

1. Dr. Marie profile image61
    Dr. Marieposted 8 years ago

Are you making catastrophe plans for 2012, just in case?

Do you believe something terrible is going to happen in 2012?

2. racheljenna profile image66
    racheljennaposted 8 years ago

I think the only terrible thing that's going to happen in 2012 is that I will be 3 years older. Ahhh.

3. sumosalesman profile image61
    sumosalesmanposted 8 years ago

Yes, I do believe something terrible will happen, but on a cellular level.  Millions of people will die because their organs will fail from wear or they will become victims of violent crime, poverty, disease and war.  I can't see anything scarier than that, but it's always happened.

No disaster has been big enough to wipe out human life completely yet.  And though the disasters predicted by perversions of the Mayan prophecies include global flooding and so on, the pseudo-science supporting such allegations is ridiculous.  The Earth does not have enough potential energy in any system or systems to destroy surface life uniformly.  And people should realize how much water would have to be added to the world's water reserves even to make water levels rise a single foot, let alone form the teaser image for a ludicrous disaster movie.  It just doesn't come from nowhere.

4. floating mind profile image79
    floating mindposted 8 years ago

No.  I think it is going to be just another day.  It's not to different from when the calendar changed from Dec. 31, 1999 to Jan. 1, 2000 here in the U.S., when everyone was saying how we would go back to the stone age because the computers would shut everything down.

5. Gregg Biancci profile image60
    Gregg Biancciposted 8 years ago

No, I find all the hype really entertaining, though. 

I'm sure the bible belt is really worried though, if Christianity (and to be fair, most religions in general) has taught us anything it's that we should fear everything!

6. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 8 years ago

Of course I'm preparing for the end of the world! I have my affairs in order, my hair and make-up appointments pre-booked - though my hairdresser doesn't know why - don't want to freak her out by telling her she's going to die. I want to look good, not horrifying.

I have a good strong table, lots of extra quilting stored away, in case there's a slight possibility that hiding under a table will allow for my existence to continue.

And I've stock piled lots of toilet roll and spare teeth. Oh and I have hay on back-order. In case the Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse turn out, with hungry Apocalyptic horses. It may be a great bargaining tool wink

7. jg555 profile image60
    jg555posted 6 years ago

No, if it is that terrible we will be dead anyway, but its unlikely that anything will actually happen.

8. Ashh Bee profile image55
    Ashh Beeposted 4 years ago

Hi I'm Ashton. I know you don't know me but I just fell in love with your story. I'm very religious as well & I've been seeking answers as to who I am & what God needs me to do in this world. I never believed in ghosts being on earth or even psychics but for some reason I trust your story. I honestly have some questions that I would like to ask you. If you could contact me at ashtonboone903@yahoo.com it would mean the world to me. I'll respond immediately Im just astounded with this & I feel like your being honest & your probably the only person in the world I'd trust & believe as far as this psychic ability because the fact that I trust your story must mean something. I think God needed me to read this story but I would really like to ask you some questions. I don't know if your famous or what but I'm just a teenager who really wants to know more about this. & I made a hub page just in hopes of being able to speak with you.