jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

Arnold Schwarzenneger and Bruce Willis are back in Expendables 2

1. Stevennix2001 profile image81
    Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago

in recent news, arnold schwarzenneger and bruce willis are set to reprise their respected roles in "Expendables 2", as their roles are allegedly MORE substantial than the previous film.  Your thoughts?

1. earnestshub profile image86
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are they operating from their wheelchairs Steven?????

The last time I saw Willis my 7 year old could beat him up! They are both much too old fat and slow to be doing more than selling confectionery. lol

Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol I don't disagree, but the last "Expendables" movie was a hit, so you know what that means.  lol  To make matters more interesting, Jean-Claude Van Damme is also set to star as one of the villains of the sequel.  lol Oh boy. won't that be a lot of fun to watch.

1. earnestshub profile image86
          earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It sure sounds like fun! I hope they don't set it in a retirement village! lol

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
        Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. Cogerson profile image85
      Cogersonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey the first one had some merit....image if Bruce and Arnold were in the movie for more than 2 minutes....bring it on.

2. waynet profile image46
    waynetposted 5 years ago

Yeah I'm looking forward to the sequel as the first one was ok, although not on a par with the Rambo remake but still watchable. Lol Arnies cameo in the first movie was laughable, mind you he probably had a date with his nanny or something to attend to lol!

1. waynet profile image46
      waynetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lol just realized what I put, Rambo Remake indeed!!! What a plank I is! It further advance the story of John Rambo and now looks like Stallones mam!

It is Rambo 4 lol...I'll never live this down....will bow out and do some drawing or something!

3. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

I cant wait! The 1st was way better then rambo 4 and 4 was better then 1-3.

4. HouseSeller profile image60
    HouseSellerposted 5 years ago

well this is another example of why boys will ALWAYS be boys! Always wanting to play with big toys to compensate for the little ones big_smile big_smile big_smile

As much as I loved the first one but I think these lads should hang their boots now.. we loved them as John Maclaine, Terminator and Rambo (Rocky) and I think we should enjoy those memories and not let these latest movies tarnish the images they created...

Well said House seller.  Well said.  Except for the part about the toys, as not all men need to compensate for little ones. wink  lol j/k  All kidding aside though, I think in a perfect world that these men should move on to bigger and better things because this is getting a bit ridiculous.  The only reason why the last film was a hit was because of the all star cast gimmick, but that can only carry them so far until people grow tired of it. Then again, it's always been about money when it comes to Hollywood.  On a side note though, I hope there's a fight scene with Chuck Norris and Jet Li in the next film, as it turns out he was just cast in the sequel too. smile

5. 0
    Rick Ruddposted 5 years ago

My expectations for such an epic lineup of action hero actors lead to an extreme disappointment. The film tried SO hard to impress me, with horrible dialogue and poor character backstories. Mickey Rourke didn't even do anything. I couldn't believe it.

Mind you, it's my own fault for expecting so much from it anyway.

Even Rambo 4 was better.

1. Fullerman5000 profile image81
      Fullerman5000posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bruce Willis is one of the best action movie stars. I think Arnold might be past his prime a bit. The first film was definitely a guys flick. But Stallone is directing the second film, so it could be a lot better than the first one.

1. waynet profile image46
        waynetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Didn't Stallone direct the first expendables movie too!?

2. Stevennix2001 profile image81

Well to be fair, I think the film was just playing up to it's obvious all star cast gimmick; which you and I both know was the exact reason why it was a hit in theaters, as you had too many people curious to see how this all star cast would gel together.  Of course, this also meant that each actor had to have their own screen time to shoot, kill, and utter one liners to satisfy their egos; while leaving little to no room for story or character development. 

To be honest, I agree with you that Rambo 4 was way better than "Expendables."  However, for what it is, I thought it was fairly entertaining film that's a great popcorn flick if you just want to watch guys blow s*** up, while uttering cliche one liners, and watching things go boom like the old action movies of the 80's and 90's.  However, if you're looking for something more in terms of substance, then I can certainly see where you're coming from, as I doubt seriously the sequel will be that much better in terms of character development and story.  However, I do expect it to feature pretty much more of the same.  Then again, I can't really say for sure without seeing the sequel yet, but this is just a theory.

6. Steve Lensman profile image83
    Steve Lensmanposted 5 years ago

Stallone directed the first Expendables, he won't be directing the second. Simon West is director.

I enjoyed the first film, a homage to 80's beefcake action cinema before the likes of Keanu Reeves, Tom Cruise and Nic Cage took over as action stars.

1. DrPPoorluk profile image59
      DrPPoorlukposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Already?? I guess I'm going to have to hurry up and watch the first movie!

working