Arnold Schwarzenneger and Bruce Willis are back in Expendables 2

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

in recent news, arnold schwarzenneger and bruce willis are set to reprise their respected roles in "Expendables 2", as their roles are allegedly MORE substantial than the previous film.  Your thoughts?

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are they operating from their wheelchairs Steven?????

The last time I saw Willis my 7 year old could beat him up! They are both much too old fat and slow to be doing more than selling confectionery. lol

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol I don't disagree, but the last "Expendables" movie was a hit, so you know what that means.  lol  To make matters more interesting, Jean-Claude Van Damme is also set to star as one of the villains of the sequel.  lol Oh boy. won't that be a lot of fun to watch.

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It sure sounds like fun! I hope they don't set it in a retirement village! lol

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Cogerson profile image78
      Cogersonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey the first one had some merit....image if Bruce and Arnold were in the movie for more than 2 minutes....bring it on.

2. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 12 years ago

Yeah I'm looking forward to the sequel as the first one was ok, although not on a par with the Rambo remake but still watchable. Lol Arnies cameo in the first movie was laughable, mind you he probably had a date with his nanny or something to attend to lol!

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lol just realized what I put, Rambo Remake indeed!!! What a plank I is! It further advance the story of John Rambo and now looks like Stallones mam!

It is Rambo 4 lol...I'll never live this down....will bow out and do some drawing or something!

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

I cant wait! The 1st was way better then rambo 4 and 4 was better then 1-3.

4. HouseSeller profile image60
    HouseSellerposted 12 years ago

well this is another example of why boys will ALWAYS be boys! Always wanting to play with big toys to compensate for the little ones big_smile big_smile big_smile

As much as I loved the first one but I think these lads should hang their boots now.. we loved them as John Maclaine, Terminator and Rambo (Rocky) and I think we should enjoy those memories and not let these latest movies tarnish the images they created...

1. profile image0

Well said House seller.  Well said.  Except for the part about the toys, as not all men need to compensate for little ones. wink  lol j/k  All kidding aside though, I think in a perfect world that these men should move on to bigger and better things because this is getting a bit ridiculous.  The only reason why the last film was a hit was because of the all star cast gimmick, but that can only carry them so far until people grow tired of it. Then again, it's always been about money when it comes to Hollywood.  On a side note though, I hope there's a fight scene with Chuck Norris and Jet Li in the next film, as it turns out he was just cast in the sequel too. smile

5. profile image0
    Rick Ruddposted 12 years ago

My expectations for such an epic lineup of action hero actors lead to an extreme disappointment. The film tried SO hard to impress me, with horrible dialogue and poor character backstories. Mickey Rourke didn't even do anything. I couldn't believe it.

Mind you, it's my own fault for expecting so much from it anyway.

Even Rambo 4 was better.

1. Fullerman5000 profile image58
      Fullerman5000posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bruce Willis is one of the best action movie stars. I think Arnold might be past his prime a bit. The first film was definitely a guys flick. But Stallone is directing the second film, so it could be a lot better than the first one.

1. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Didn't Stallone direct the first expendables movie too!?

2. profile image0

Well to be fair, I think the film was just playing up to it's obvious all star cast gimmick; which you and I both know was the exact reason why it was a hit in theaters, as you had too many people curious to see how this all star cast would gel together.  Of course, this also meant that each actor had to have their own screen time to shoot, kill, and utter one liners to satisfy their egos; while leaving little to no room for story or character development. 

To be honest, I agree with you that Rambo 4 was way better than "Expendables."  However, for what it is, I thought it was fairly entertaining film that's a great popcorn flick if you just want to watch guys blow s*** up, while uttering cliche one liners, and watching things go boom like the old action movies of the 80's and 90's.  However, if you're looking for something more in terms of substance, then I can certainly see where you're coming from, as I doubt seriously the sequel will be that much better in terms of character development and story.  However, I do expect it to feature pretty much more of the same.  Then again, I can't really say for sure without seeing the sequel yet, but this is just a theory.

6. Steve Lensman profile image62
    Steve Lensmanposted 12 years ago

Stallone directed the first Expendables, he won't be directing the second. Simon West is director.

I enjoyed the first film, a homage to 80's beefcake action cinema before the likes of Keanu Reeves, Tom Cruise and Nic Cage took over as action stars.

1. DrPPoorluk profile image60
      DrPPoorlukposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Already?? I guess I'm going to have to hurry up and watch the first movie!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)