How To Prepare A Delicious And Flavourful Beef Curry Using A Pressure Cooker
Delicious Beef Curry served with Rice
An Indian Beef Curry
Beef curry? Some of my readers who have read and tried out my other hubs on Indian recipes-pork vindaloo,chicken curry,chicken biryani request more recipes and one that tops the list is ,....you guessed it - beef curry! Beef is popular the world over, and most people only end up with a steak. So, here is an alternative to the usual way of preparation! Try the Indian curry version-you will not be disappointed! Yes, an Indian beef curry, flavourful and aromatic.
Beef 1/2 Kg
Chilli powder 4 tsp
Cumin seeds 3 tsp
Fennel seeds 2 tsp
Onions 2 medium ones
Garlic 10 pods
Ginger 1 inch piece
Green chillies 3
Vinegar 3 tbsp
PREPARATION I - Easy But Tasty Version
- Wash and cube beef pieces
- Grind the coconut to a fine paste.You may use dessicated coconut if readily available.
- Separately dry grind fennel and cumin seeds
- Onions, garlic, ginger and green chillies to be cut finely or if you prefer grind together with the vinegar
- Heat a pressure cooker and toss in all ingredients,salt to taste, and enough water to cover the beef and cook for 20 minutes
- When done, garnish with some freshly cut coriander and the juice of a lemon and serve hot with rice or breads.
PREPARATION II - Variation That Is More Flavourful
- Heat about 2 -3 tbsp of vegetable oil in a pressure cooker
- Throw in some spices-2 inch piece cinnamon, 5 -6 cloves, 2 cardamoms, 4-5 pepper corns, 3-4 dried red chillies, a bay leaf
- Fry the chopped onions till transparent, add the ginger-garlic (either ground finely or cut finely). Fry well
- Add 2-4 chopped ripe tomatoes and continue stir frying till oil separates.
- Now add beef cubes and salt. Fry a couple of minutes
- Add water to cover the beef pieces
- Close lid and pressure cook for at least 20 minutes. (You may choose the cooking time according to the beef you get in your supermarket)
- Open lid and let the gravy thicken and then serve hot
In this variation, we are using tomatoes to thicken gravy instead of the coconut.
More by this Author
Whole chicken marinated and half cooked with Tandoori masala hanging on skewers ready to be plunged into a hot Tandoor for a second time to finish the cooking process at a restaurant. Whole Tandoori chicken cooked in...
Asians and Indians in particular love the spicy dish called Biryani.It is mildly fragrant,a complete meal in itself,prepared with rice and chicken.Lamb may also be used instead of chicken.Festivals and marriages...
Did you know that your feet hold the key to your overall energy and well being? Absolutely! Apart from providing you balance as you walk or run, the feet can be the right place to bring relief to most ailments you may...