Stir Fried Shrimp with Spinach
Stir fry recipes are a great way to add protein and vegetables to your diet. This recipe for stir fry shrimp can be served on steamed rice or oriental noodles. Prep time can be cut if you use a food processor.
- 1 1/2 pounds oriental noodles, Boil ahead of time so they will be ready to fry.
- 2 pounds shrimp
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, (low sodium)
- 1/4 tsp. Chinese 5-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 packages baby spinach, fresh
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- salt and white pepper to taste
- The noodles take time to fry, so heat two of the tablespoons of oil in a non-stick skillet. When hot, add your noodles. Keep a watch on them and turn as they become a light golden brown.
- In a separate skillet, add the other tablespoon of oil, the shrimp, mushrooms and onion. Stir fry for about 15 minutes.
- Add Chinese 5 spice powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach. Continue to stir in until it becomes wilted.
- Add chopped green onion to noodles and salt and pepper to taste. Fry for another 5-10 minutes until onion is cooked.
- Make a rue of soy sauce and corn starch. Add water to form a paste.
- Add the paste to the juices released in the pan to thicken into a sauce.
- Serve hot on a bed of fried noodles.
More of My Recipes
If you like this recipe, check out some of my other dishes.
- Home Style Chicken Pot Pie
This dish brings comfort food creaminess to the table with plenty of vegetables and lean meat.
- Pepper Steak with Mushrooms
Not everyone in my family likes tomatoes so over the years, my pepper steak recipe has evolved to include mushrooms instead.
- Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
This easy shrimp stir fry recipe can be served over rice or pasta.
- Smothered Steak in Gravy
Steak smothered in gravy and fresh vegetables is an attractive savory dish that can be tweaked to fit your family's preferences.
More by this Author
Most people know basics of the history of Thanksgiving, but you may be surprised to learn that not everyone agrees when the first Thanksgiving was celebrated or even where it was celebrated.
Baby cockatiels grow from an inch-long hatchling to adult size in just six weeks. It takes 8-10 days for their eyes to open, but the color of their eyes...even closed eyes offer a clue as to the baby's future color.
Bird owners have mixed feelings about wing clipping. Is it mean to clip your bird's wings? After all they are born to fly. To answer that question, let's take a closer look at how to clip wings and the reasons it is...