jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Coffeecake..

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

A many years ago, when I was young and charming---oh...sorry--that's another thing entirely..  big_smile
    Back in the dark ages, around 1978 or so, when I got my first microwave oven, it came with a cookbook, and one of the recipes was for a microwave coffee cake.
    The cookbook is either packed up in a box somewhere, or long gone, but that coffee cake was about the only recipe we ever used--it was delicious..The book was coming unbound at that page.

I have been all over the place online, and cannot find any similar recipe, for a microwaved coffee cake in a standard 8x8 pan;  all that comes up are single serving types baked in a mug.

The microwave was a GE model, and the cookbook was put out under their name, and no, nothing came up on their website, either.

Any help or suggestions???

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this
    2. IslandBites profile image86
      IslandBitesposted 2 years ago in reply to this
      1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

You found one. Good for you. I hope it's what she's looking for.

1. IslandBites profile image86

Yes.
          I saw a preview of the original recipe (Google Books) and it's basically the same/ that one.  smile

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
        DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

@ IslandBites--
          Oh, that looks like the same thing--or close enough.  Thank you so much!

1. IslandBites profile image86

You're welcome!

3. The Examiner-1 profile image81
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this
  2. grand old lady profile image90
    grand old ladyposted 2 years ago

You reminded me of how wonderful a nice, crumbly coffee cake could be. Seems they don't make that anymore. They just come up with these coffee buns that are lame in comparison. Good luck in your search and I hope you find the recipe you are looking for.

working