Diet help!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)
  1. chrissie123 profile image60
    chrissie123posted 14 years ago

I am an extremely picky eater. I eat healthy meats its just no vegies. the only vegies i eat are corn and potatoes. I am trying to lose weight i weigh 125 sometimes 127 and want to be a steady 120. I exercise alot but i think my diet is holding me back.

Help!

1. profile image0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are loads of ways to lose weight. My weight fluxs between very fat and merely chubby depending on my life style. I actually wrote a hub on unconventional ways to lose weight - these include extreme alcohol consumption and hibernation:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-lose-wei … a-teenager

The explanations for why I say these things are on there. There is no point in living your life around your diet. Let your diet fit around your life.

chrissie123posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this I left a comment on ur hub

2. Putz Ballard profile image60
      Putz Ballardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sounds to me lioke your on the right track.

2. Luciendasky profile image60
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

Have you tried counting calories? You could also try preparing cauliflower the same way you would with mashed potatoes... they are actually pretty good - they taste similar and they have the same texture (and have way less fat qualities than starches and grains)...

Also try preparing vegetables differently if you don't like them. I used to hate asparagus, but someone told me to add 1/2 tablespoon of butter and now I like them (just be careful to not go overboard on the butter because that has an incredible amount of fat as well)

Switch out fattier foods for more healthy ones... If you are exercising, your body will need the healthy energy to run on... in other words don't starve yourself

Thank you I'll try this. I just have a hard time due to my pickness I was gonna try to force myself to eat vegies but everyone told me not to.

3. Stimp profile image61
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

People are too caught up in the #'s on the scale.  125 lbs of fat looks way different then 125 of muscle.  I, personally, would get a fat analysis done and go from there.  Disregard the #'s on the scale.  In addition, vary your workouts.  Alot of people will choose one style of working out....running, step class, whatever.  Your body becomes very efficient at those activities if they are done all the time.  Vary your aerobic activity and ad some weight training to built more muscle. 

Instead of thinking the terms of numbers.  think in the terms of fat %.....and don't get crazy and get too low because your whole female system will get messed up on too low of a fat percentage.

Perhaps you are not eating enough.  Try adding in some protein shakes....maybe one per day.  Again, if you are eating lightly consistently and not enough....your body has become accustomed to that and is conserving for your next work out.  It won't drop the fat because it can't....it needs it for survival

Believe me, I've done all the diets and workouts and taken all the magic pills to lower my weight.  I'm in my 40's and I still get looks from the 20 something guys.  I'm good with that.

Good Luck

I love this I'll look into doing this more often. My main thing is the toning of my body. I run everyday for a different amount of times some days an hour some 30 mins ect.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

hi, if you have time then you can read this

http://hubpages.com/hub/Secrets-on-stay … ood-intake

5. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

I know, I got it.
    I figured I would reply in here rather than on the hub, figured you're more likely to get it.

How old are you Chrissie, just out of interest? Secondly, is your picture you? It looks like Avril but not identical...

Thirdly, you're only 8 stone (if my maths are correct) so, sweetheart, I really wouldn't worry about your weight. (Sorry I had to convert it to English weight measures).

There are more important things to life than weight, trust me on that one.

Luke.

6. bearnmom profile image68
    bearnmomposted 14 years ago

I agree -- forget about the numbers and eat what you body tells you it needs.  If you don't like vegies -- eat the ones you do like.  The trick is to eat enough to feel satisfied but not bloated.  The exercise will turn any fat you have into muscle and it's a known fact that muscle weighs more than body fat.  Summing that all up:  Just eat what you want, keep exercising and don't overeat.

7. Mocha Momma profile image61
    Mocha Mommaposted 14 years ago

Bearnmom,

Not sure how you're feeding your body nutrients if you aren't eating veggies.  Corn and potatoes aren't vegetables, and are full of carbs (corn is a grain btw).  If you are working out and are healthy, do not worry about what the scale says, as we age, we tend to put on a few extra pounds.  If you aren't anorexic or obese, then continue down the path of working out.  I'm not sure what your BMI is, but that's what really matters and your overall fat percentage on your body.  Muscle is much more dense than fat and weighs more than fat.   

Do not starve yourself by counting calories, as when you do eat, your body will start to store the food you consume in fat reserves as it will be tricked into "survival mode" and you will gain weight...  Eat several meals (mini meals in between the main meals of the day) throughout the day that are well balanced and include vegetables that aren't flooded in some type of sauce or dressing.  Eat foods high in fiber and drink plenty of water, and you'll be fine.  Eat plenty of fruit as well.  It's truly difficult to find things to replace the benefits and nutrients you get from fresh dark leafy green vegetables without eating them.

An oral vitamin supplement does not replace the nutrients that your body requires by eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruit. 

Also instead of calling it a diet, use some other word like meal plan etc... Diets make us feel restricted and we have a tendency to think we must deprive ourselves, when we truly do not, it's really all about balance and moderation.  Hope this helps.

8. gramon1 profile image59
    gramon1posted 14 years ago

I also hate vegetables. I gag just smelling most of them. I do like sparragus. Anyway, I have managed to live 54 years of a very active life without most vegetables and peppers. I do eat fruit. Fruit is greart for you and tastes great. You don't have to get used to it or add butter to it. But you can even improve on its nutritional value by adding yogurt to it.Regarding calories, you mey want to read my hub called "My sweet Diet". It is not the calories that make you fat. It is the fats and some starches that make you fat.  the most fattening foods are the combinations of fat and starch. For instance, nothing can beat baked potato with sour cream, butter, and bacon. Cakes, cookies, pies, and moose are mixes of starches with fat, and added sugar. Those things are very fattening. Yogurt with fruit can replace most desserts. I love "Goya" lady fingers. They have only 1 g of fat for 7. Compred with 3 g of fat per cookie, whatever other cookie you get.
    Reduce your fat intake to under 50 g per day. If you can, bring it down to 30 g per day. Exercising 30 minutes to one hour per day, you should loose 5 lb in less than one week. The first 10% of body weight is lost at more than two times the speed of what you could loose later.

9. SoftCornHippo profile image60
    SoftCornHippoposted 14 years ago

How are you doing emotionally?  Because I have found that when I don't get the B vitamins that you find in green vegies I get very depressed, cranky, tired etc.  and it really is important to get these vitamins.  I didn't like vegies for a long time but now I do - I steam them, cook them simply - start by eating very small amounts.   But if you really can't stand them do consider taking a multi-vitamin - of course I'm way into vitamins - there are also tremendous herbal remedies (taken like tea) that provide vitamins.  Do not neglect your brain - its what determines a healthy self-image and that in turn determines whether you will ever be happy with your weight. good luck to you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)