Who Else is Tired of Obama Giving Away our Money?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (28 posts)
  1. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama called on Wednesday for sharply limiting Israel's blockade of the Gaza Strip in the wake of the botched Israeli naval raid that's straining U.S. and Israeli relations with allies around the world, and the White House announced a $400 million aid package for Gaza and the West Bank.

$400 million more... and Americans don't have jobs, people are starving because they can not get food stamps, 1 in 5 Children under the Age of 5 lives below the poverty level in the United States.

Why the hell do people keep supporting this Ass Clown?

1. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mike:
      Stop blaming Obama!
      Obama is the "titular" head of our nation.
      Blame yourself!
      You are a member of "the people" who put all our currupted, greedy politicians in office!
      The problems we are experiencing are caused by US!
      "We the People" vote emotionally/stupidly!
      If the same people are voted into office every time they run, the same results will realized!
      Some of our politicians remain in office until they are too old to and corrupted to function effectively or too rich to give a damn!
      If you are going to place blame, place it in the right place!  Place it on WE the American voter!

1. Ohma profile image60
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Quark I usually do not voice a loud opinion in politics but I am afraid that i think you thinking on this is a little skewed.
        Because the facts are that we the people do not have a thing to say about who is President. I know that is the way it should work and is the way it is supposed to work but the simple truth is that once the electoral college gets involved what we the people say is no longer an issue.
        As far as congress and the senate when the only choice you are given is bad or worse what are we the people supposed to do.
        Politics is a crooks game and unless you are willing to play the game you will not be a politician long.

1. qwark profile image61

Ohma:
          Yes:Skewed!
          WE the People should have realized long ago that the "electoral college" is also a corrupted system!
          We the People allow it to exist!
          WE exist as a democratic republic (whatever the hell that is.) The electoral college, to my way of thinking should have been changed long ago to a "majority vote."
          We the people have the Constitutional power and ability to correct political corruption, but we don't.
          There should be term limits for all politicians.
          If the "People" were thinkers and voted "intelligently" as opposed to "emotionally," we could exist as the greatest nation that has ever existed and maintain that enviable position on this planet.

2. Don W profile image81
        Don Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah but what forces shape We The People™?

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You didn't fancy replying to me on my Iraq thread then?

$400m to Gaza, a genuine humanitarian cause, pales into insignificant when compared to the $3bn a year that you give Isreal to help fund their persecution.

3. oceansnsunsets profile image86
      oceansnsunsetsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To the question of the title of this forum, hand is raised high.. lol

Also tired of people that don't care to dig deep for the facts and truth about everything.  It scares me that this country is becoming all about a bunch of "me me me's" while much needs to be fixed.  Its like, "hey if it doesn't affect me, I don't care, and I don't want to hear about it."  That is dangerous.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hahaaa me too, I was in immediate agreement with the first 6 words in the title.   And the rest of it too.

4. helendanger profile image70
      helendangerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Americans don't have jobs, people are starving because they can not get food stamps, 1 in 5 Children under the Age of 5 lives below the poverty level in the United States."

Are you suggesting that Obama should give more money to the poor?  More people should be on food stamps?  That is an incredibly liberal viewpoint.  Poor people don't pay much in taxes, so a tax break wouldn't help them...Not sure what you actually want him to do.

If you are advocating an isolationist stance, with no aid to anyone in other countries, I can understand what you mean.  That stance has been around for a long time.  In fact it almost kept us out of WWII.

5. JON EWALL profile image60
      JON EWALLposted 13 years agoin reply to this

MikeNV

President Obama said he is adopting pay-go on spending. Pay-go legislation was approved by Congress and signed by President Obama

Obama  said  that Congress has to stop spending ,$400 million to the radical Palestinians apparently is not a part of  the pay-go legislation..
      Congress recently raised the debt ceiling to $14.1 trillion with Obama's urging .

Watching the president appearing and saying such wonderful things when he does just the opposite disturbs many people. He really needs to start telling the American people the truth

The 2011 budget has yet to be submitted to Congress for debate and approval, wonder why?
      The people are still waiting for the jobs that were promised. Every day the $1 billion interest on the deficit has to be paid with borrowed money .Sounds like we the people are headed in the wrong direc

2. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

You are being one-sided Mike. What is the size of your help to Israel?

But then again under current conditions reducing the help to Israel by the same amount would have sent the same message plus slightly lighten a burden on American taxpayer smile

1. Manly Man profile image60
      Manly Manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe the current figure is $3 billion per year. (U.S. aid to Israel)

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

We have always been for the underdog, have we not? Israel is not that anymore it would seem and they don't get it.

4. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I'm all for humanitarian efforts...WHEN we can afford it. My son-in-law has been out of work since Jan., and his unemployment benefits just ran out. He's a hard worker, but he can't find a job anywhere. There are many just like him in the US. Sorry, but I think we need to take care of our own first.

1. Seakay profile image60
      Seakayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely, we must take care of our own, habee!  My son-in-law has also been out of work.  This entire situation is a mess.

5. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Obviously "the people" en masse are not thinkers and don't vote intelligently Qwark. Neither Americans, nor Russians. So much for democracy Utopia smile

1. qwark profile image61

Misha...Amen!

6. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

There is a lot of truth in the old saying you can't fight city hall.

1. qwark profile image61

Ohma:
      yep. The individual is impotent.
      The only way to fight is thru education and using that education intelligently, en masse, to improve our culture and society.
      Do you see that happening? I don't.

1. Ohma profile image60

Quark for President!
        Sorry I couldn't resist. Starting a revolution is never easy and the average person is very hard to convince that just because it has always been this way does not make this way right.

1. qwark profile image61

Ohma:
          Lolol...finance me and I'll run!...as fast as I can to the Bahamas....:-)..to hide!

1. Ohma profile image60

If you are going to the Bahamas on my dollars you better have plans for me in there somewhere. big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
              Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And, what are you going to do with your husband Ohma? lol

1. Ohma profile image60

My money, my fantasy.

1. Cagsil profile image70
                  Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good thing its virtual money. lol

1. Ohma profile image60

it has to be that it is all I got.

2. qwark profile image61

your money ...:-) my fantasy..:-)  lol
                  I don't think this 60 yr old fart could handle ya Ohma....lol
                  aw hell, I'll run for pres....send me the money...lol :-)

7. The10DollarMark profile image60
    The10DollarMarkposted 13 years ago

I also agree that it is (partially) WE the people who caused this. After all, the reason why the President thinks throwing money to fix things is a good idea is because that's what a lot of (lower) politicians do as well. Somehow a lot of our political system seems to be "throw money to fix", even at the governor and mayoral levels. If WE the people revolted by making sure to participate in lower level elections more, it would change the lower level political system, which in turn would reflect on the uppper level political system as well.

At least ideally it would.

Of course, there are multiple reasons for why things go wrong.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)