Two hubpages accounts?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (60 posts)
  1. CopperButterfly profile image54
    CopperButterflyposted 13 years ago

I have an established hubpages account, and I have just set up this second account as I want to post some hubs about different kinds of topics.

Can I use the same google account and amazon affiliate accounts with my second account?  Is there anything else I need to know before I start publishing on this second account?

1. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you can use both affiliate settings on your second account.  Not much else you need to know....its the same as your first account.

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

on a similar thread, someone said you are only allowed to use referral trackers on first account

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Using referral trackers on the second account is allowed. What is prohibited under the TOS is self-referrals, meaning using the trackers to build links between one's own hubs or accounts.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

Yes, you can use the same Adsense and Amazon account for both.

However, you can only use one account in the forums and since you have posted to the forums with this account, it will be the account to use in the forums.

I do hope you enjoy your time here. smile

1. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can only use one account in the forums....when will they start "cracking down" those who don't follow that rule? lol

CopperButterfly, I forgot to welcome you to Hubpages!

1. CopperButterfly profile image54
        CopperButterflyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oops I have been posting on the forum with my other ID for ages! Am I in trouble?

1. profile image0

I recently read up on those rules. What they say is that they "ask" you only to use one account in the forums, but that any deceptive use of the two accounts in the forums is prohibited (e.g. sock puppets using two accounts in the same thread to mislead others).

1. starme77 profile image76
            starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

what if you use like .... um...... ten of em ? ooooopps maybe 11 uh oh  think i'm in trouble now fer sure

Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Probably not. What is your other account name? wink big_smile

When hubbers are honest to report those who do it. There happens to be only limited interaction in the forums from Staff, which depends on other hubbers to help keep the peace in the forums. It is already enforced. smile

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are a few people here it seems that need to learn this, eh?
      Honestly, its the same people keep popping up with new names and sometimes they even reply to themselves. Do they think the rest of us are stupid?

1. profile image0

How do you recognize them?

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Things they say - comments they use. Same old. Also being brand new members supposedly yet they occasionally forget they are not brand new and refer to old things from the forums that they couldn't possibly have known about if they were as brand new as they claim.
          I don't know who they are, just that they have been here before under different names. We all write differently, but many sockpuppets never really became truly schizophrenic enough to carry of multiple personalities.

1. profile image0

Thanks Izzy, sounds like their good old ego shines through. Must require some careful study to detect it, though.

2. starme77 profile image76

uh oh , there are some crazies among us - I mean when you start answering yourself I think it means your whacked beyind measure lol

3. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thats a rule? really? wow.

1. Cagsil profile image70

Like Website Examiner said- HubPages "asks" people to not use more than account in the forums. To prevent "sock puppets" and/or "trolls". wink big_smile

1. profile image0

what are sock puppets and trolls exactly?

1. profile image0

If I replied to you here under a different account - so that you would not know that I am actually the same person as Website Examiner, that would make the second account a sock puppet. They are used to confuse people in the forum, giving people the impression that several Hubbers agree with one person, x, who is actually posting under account x, y and z at the same time.

A troll is someone who tries to confuse and provoke people for the sake of attention. They tease people by contradicting them and saying things that will make them mad, only to start up a heated argument - then they, the trolls, sit and laugh at people.

1. profile image0

thank you for explaining. 
              That is very manipulative behaviour that you describe.

4. starme77 profile image76

oooops I'm in trouble smile

1. profile image0

What kind of trouble would that be?

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/1109046

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/1109119

Asking not to and prohibiting are two different things. One is a polite request, the other is an enforceable rule.

I wouldn't tell in the forums that wouldn't be smart lol

1. profile image0

Pretty please...?

no can't do it man

3. CopperButterfly profile image54
    CopperButterflyposted 13 years ago

I have no intention of 'interacting' with myself or doing anything dodgy or fradulent. I will leave the forum now with this ID and will only post under the primary one in future. Thanks for the advice everyone!

PS I won't come back on this thread under my other ID either, just in case I get myself into trouble.

glad to hear you don "interact" with yourself , but don't you think that's too much information lol lol

1. profile image0

LOL

aw cmon i'm here like ----- three of me ---- but I haven't answered myself yet lol I mean interacted with myself lol

We have , however, interacted with you lol

4. AuthorSteve profile image60
    AuthorSteveposted 13 years ago

I didn´t knew that it was allowed to have an second account (or even several accounts?) on hubpages... Good to know, because thats certainly something that I absolutely dislike.

I really would appreciate a clear policy that you could only have ONE account on hubpages, but it is not up to me to decide on that.

I think in a lot of huge forums on all the different topics it is also not tolerated to create multiple-accounts, since this always COULD be abused in certain ways.

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Many here have multiple accounts so that they can feel freer to write about topics they wouldn't necessarily want their friends and/or family to know about.  Some do it for marketing purposes to test niches.  I've considered creating another account, but haven't done it yet.

1. profile image0

I opened another account for this purpose.  Why can't the different profile be used in forums?  I didn't realise this - it makes sense to me to comment under that name on related themes

1. profile image0

Just do not post under two accounts in the same thread. That would be against the rules, and could spell trouble if someone found out and reported it.

1. profile image0

No, I haven't done that as far as I am aware - I write about completely different themes and follow different topics (but write in the same style).  Someone clever would figure out what my other account is (I don't post personal photos and write about themes family would find too hard to take)

1. profile image0

Hmmm.... Then you'll be OK.

1. profile image0

I'll cdouble-check my topics followed are different to make sure I don't accidently end up on same threads.  I was recommended to have a separate account to write about things family/friends can't handle

sure ya have , cmon tell em the truth - yer like ten people right - like me -  lol

2. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it IS abused occasionaly.

Is Not

3. profile image0

there are valid reasons for having a second account eg writing about stuff that family would be upset about if they read, but they are things I want to write about.  They only know address of my main site

4. profile image0
      Hovalisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I disagree strongly with the idea of only having one account. This site is about writing and the forums are here as a secondary place for communication. Making rules that take away from the freedom of writers to express themselves in hubs is to be avoided at all costs. Especially if what you are afraid of is the actions of a very small minority. Anyway, as far as multiple accounts, the horse has well and truly bolted. Many hubbers have more than one account. Myself included.

I have two others. I use this account for more informational articles, and my others for more commercial purposes. As I do not want to leave a footprint, and because I want to experiment, I keep those accounts separate from the others. Anyone who does any kind of marketing online will tell you that you can jeopardise your money making efforts if someone works out what you are doing and tries to steal your articles or keywords or ideas. To take away the ability to have more than one account is short sighted, and may put people off signing up. These additional user names also earn this site income. Don't ever lose sight of that just for your own convenience.

Oh, and just so you are assured, this is the only account which posts in the forums. It's my original, and most established one.

5. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 13 years ago

o.k guys I was just playin around - it's just me I'm really not crazy - 10 people er nothin I was just havin fun smile

1. profile image0

At least that is now a matter of public record.

what , that i'm  11 people talking to myself - or that I was just kidden

1. profile image0

Your previous statement to the effect that you were just kidding about being 11 people is a matter of public record.

oh, ok woops, what if I lied lol

1. profile image0

There's a name for that: Perjury in the Court of Hubs.

2. profile image0

think you're digging yourself a hole

ooops yeah , I think I am .....website examiner is gonna get me in court   lol lol

6. profile image0
    sord87posted 13 years ago

I got no concrete reason for having 2 account in Hubpages unless my original does not work at all.I never see a good things for having 2 accounts instead for fun.Is there anyone having 2 accounts have a tremendous acheivements in hubpages score or adsense,kontera and amazon earnings-reveal it if someone does

we can't reveal it we will be court marshalled and stuff smile

1. Cagsil profile image70

*slaps hand to head* roll

lol lol lol

2. profile image0

did you not thing the reasons I gave were valid?  Family having multiple heart attacks over my writing?  They already have minor ones on my main pages.  I don't promote my minor site

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nelle Hoxie and Lissie spring to mind.  I think Julie-Ann Amos also writes under more than one account, because she writes some of her Hubs for herself and some for customers.

People open a second account for a number of reasons. They may start out writing under their own name, then decide they'd like a more anonymous account so they can write more freely about personal stuff.  Or they might want to keep their frivolous Hubs separate from their serious Hubs.  Or they're a prominent Hubber who wants to explore a new niche without exposing it to all their fans.

I used to wonder why anyone bothered with separate accounts.  Now I've got over 150 Hubs, I'm beginning to see why.  The Statistics page starts to get a bit unmanageable.  If it was easier to transfer between accounts, I think I'd keep all my Dance Hubs under my existing account and move my other Hubs to a new account, just so they're easier to wrangle.

1. profile image0

maybe HP needs to make it possible for hubbers to organise their own hubs in categories?

they do

1. WryLilt profile image89
            WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They do but you have to change between them and group them etc - which gets a little overwhelming once you get over 100 hubs. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)