Freaky Hubpages Coincidences

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (26 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

First I discovered that I had a drink in the same small upstate New York bar as Sunforged, which although probably not that unusual as it is a popular bar and Sunforged lives in the next city. Still, that was pretty cool, my girlfriend worked in that bar for a year and I spent 2 weeks and then 3 weeks eating and drinking in that bar on a near daily basis.

NOW, I find out that the hubber Polly C lives quite literally a 5 minute walk from me! Now THAT is crazy. I will have to invite her around for a cup of tea and to meet my pug, just as soon as my girlfriend is back in town so that it doesn't appear inappropriate lol

Now, does anybody have any similar stories? I would love to hear them...

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not really, unfortunately.  The closest I have to that is I found out another hubber loves the same beach I do, and lives in the same general area as me.

2. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk110/starcrazy_27/Stalking.gif

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that anybody would call general conversation with other hubbers 'stalking', I doubt that they would call it love either hmm

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSliAOWKeZs7I06t0Z6ukg6h4Qz7MXG_U5Emg8FhLLJ-MzhsIA&t=1&usg=__1gwhFPhbNxIZsbrtF4ThRYg18qY=

You haven't read my hub on the Christoph Reilly cult then, have you?  LOL!!  It's all about hubstalking and love...yes, love..LOL!!!

1. profile image0

You can stalk me anytime you want!

I could probably out-weird any weirdo lol

EDIT: Oh.... it appears that you are already stalking me wink

3. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One of my referrals just happens to be my best friend in Junior High, we have had no prior contact between each other since 1999 when he graduated High school. ( went to different high schools)

I followed a link on his profile page and was absolutely stunned to see my old friend!

We now are in contact via Fb etc..so HP was a reunification tool.

2. Christoph Reilly profile image67
    Christoph Reillyposted 13 years ago

And about cults and stalking!

Chris, do you have an alarm on your computer that goes off every time someone mentions your name??  Or are you stalking me now??

1. profile image0

Oh, Christoph Reilly is ACTUALLY a stalker yikes

You know, if that is an actual issue, then you could report him to Maddie Rudd... she wouldn't tolerate it if it were true...

I am off to read the hub, I just realised that this could be a little 'in-joke'?

ps. there are actually tools which instantly flag up references to a name or similar... I have Google alerts (although that one is rubbish).

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Gosh I feel silly now after reading the hub.... time for sleep....

Nighty night.

1. profile image0

Sorry Ryan. What have I started?! I was just messing with you, man! Good nite!

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73

Good night!!!!  And, yes, Christoph Reilly is a stalker, but one of my favorite ones, so it's all good!  No need to report him to Maddie...

1. profile image0

Anna, just realized you live in Florida. Where?! I'm in Miami!!!

near Orlando

1. profile image0

Cassadaga? LOL

South of Orlando

1. profile image0

Considering how long Florida is, we're practically neighbors. big_smile

4. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

I wouldn't say it's freaky, but Ethel Smith lives in my town too....

And on another note I am a stalker....the night stalker....too tired, but can't risk going to sleep, because I might miss a forum thread here at Hubpages through the night.....eyes heavy!!!....can't stop typing this......

1. profile image0

You are not in Miami, are you?

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73

ha ha ha...I was supposed to be asleep hours ago!  I forgot how much time I can spend on here when I feel like it.

1. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Around about 2 years ago I remember I had a job and a night shift too and whilst on the Hubpages forum I was so busy posting posts for hours I forgot all about going to work....that job didn't last long.

Yeah, I need to be in bed, as I have to get up very early for work, yet, here I am...I used to waste away the hours on here...usually till about 6am...I worked second shift, and would hang out in the forums for hours, sometimes spend some time writing...I have been away way too long!!!

5. Christoph Reilly profile image67
    Christoph Reillyposted 13 years ago

Anna Marie Bowman wrote:  Chris, do you have an alarm on your computer that goes off every time someone mentions your name??  Or are you stalking me now??

Ryankett wrote:  Oh, Christoph Reilly is ACTUALLY a stalker yikes
    You know, if that is an actual issue, then you could report him to Maddie Rudd... she wouldn't tolerate it if it were true...

Hey!  Maddie is stalking ME!  and I can't remember how you bring those quotes down.

No Anna, I happened to be looking at hubtivity when you commented. Didn't know it was about me.  UM, did you want me to stalk you?

he he...I thought you were...I stalk you from time to time...LOL

1. Christoph Reilly profile image67
        Christoph Reillyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oooo. Why am I suddenly....aroused. LOL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)