Amazon have badly disrupted my daily routine.

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Spacey Gracey profile image38
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Used to check Amazon earning every day at lunch time, while youngest sprog was quietly stuffing his face. But nooooooo. Yesterday and today, account not updated by 1pm (British Summer Time). I am not a patient woman. I don't like having to wait the extra few hours. I'm gonna have to adapt my routine to build in account-checking time later in the day.

Anyone else still addicted to checking their account daily, the minute it is updated.

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL yep - I simply can't wait to see that I've had 20 clicks and no sales again!!!

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  I'm with you there, Simey! lol

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I have checked 5 times today!

Same as yesterday, ultimately it was a let down, $3 of stuff shipped about another $2 of stuff left to ship...

I expect the same today, I just cant crack Amazon. Well, I say that, I did well last month... $230... but I still havent hit 7%.

2. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Maybe they thought that we were all getting too comfortable! smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

not really, I don't always check everyday, and if I do it's usually once before I close down for the night.

4. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

I hardly ever look at my Amazon account (always clicks, but never sales), only Adsense, and that I do whenever I feel like it. Routine kills.

5. Lily Rose profile image86
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

Yup - part of my morning routine together with my cup of coffee!  The discussion board today says that they are doing maintenance to the site and don't know when it'll be updated. Yesterday it didn't update until near 5pm!

6. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Get used to this. Around the holidays, the reporting gets really bad. I have stats to check at about 20 different venues. I try not to check things but 3 times a day. It can become an obsessive habit, if you're not careful - and a time drain.

I've had days in December where I catch myself frantically flying from one site to another, checking out stats over and over. very bad. It was hard to stop. That's why I had to impose a schedule.

About 4 or 5 years ago, Linkshare didn't report stats for about a week - and it was the week that included Black Friday onward. I almost lost my mind!

Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the warning Nelle. I am hoping for a good Christmas and get a really big buzz from my daily check on my Amazon earnings. I won't panic if I see it's not updating.

7. Dr23 profile image61
    Dr23posted 13 years ago

It always blows my mind why they have so many issues with their reporting. It always is related to "site maintenance", but one would think after this long of a time they would figure out a solution to make reports available timely, or even instantly.

8. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

I just checked - it's 5:00 UK time now and they still haven't updated for yesterday....so I guess you can tell I do the same. I check at 1.00, and if they aren't updated I check at 2, and then often at 3. Usually I give up the hourly checking after that though.

9. Spacey Gracey profile image38

Still not updated!

10. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

I check once a week - that is all I allow myself!  Otherwise I'd go a bit nutso!

1. Ivorwen profile image65
      Ivorwenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a great idea!

11. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Amazon is up, and my pessimistic post was unfounded, I earnt about $30 in commissions yesterday!

12. Spacey Gracey profile image38

Go Ryan. Maybe you have cracked it. And I was very pleased to see I'd made $23 ($36 so far this month). If it carries on at this rate I will be 50% up on last month. But don't like to count my chickens as I usualy get 3-4 days on the bounce where I make only a couple of dollars.

13. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Back in the beginning days on the Internet I used to check every 5 minutes on all stats it seemed, but now I stick to once a week, because there's lots of other stuff to be getting on with....But at Christmas time I check a bit more often, because you never know what Santa might bring!!

14. Spacey Gracey profile image38

Hi Waynet - I sent a newbie to check you out today as I learnt so much from you (asked him to learn, not rip off smile ).
    I just need way more self-congratulation than you, hence the daily checking. I am far to needy and insecure. Sure once I am raking in a couple of thousand every month I will relax a little lol

1. waynet profile image67
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My goal with Hubpages is to try and boost my 3 income streams here with Amazon, Ebay and Adsense, as I know it's possible. (Kontera will come with more traffic I suppose!)

I earn very well on other sites through the use of written product reviews and other things through Amazon and Ebay and between them a month they earn me over $1000 a month and my adsense earnings are not far behind.

I've only really took Hubpages seriously since May 2009 which was when the first 30 day challenge surfaced, so who knows what could happen???!

Cheers now!

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kontera is likely to be restricting your earnings WayneT, I suggest removing it for a month and seeing what happens to your earnings as a result. My personal test saw a massive slump in CTR and earnings for AdSense, and a subsequent jump back up after removal. I tested it pretty extensively.

1. WryLilt profile image89
          WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am just so confused by kontera, Ryankett. I tested it for a few months on and off, only making a couple of dollars. But my adsense earnings climbed. So now I'm just wondering whether that was just normal growth or Kontera. LoL

Maybe I shall take it off again to see.

Do you know if Kontera appears on HPs 40%?

2. waynet profile image67
          waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've removed Kontera for awhile and see if that boosts up my Hubpage Adsense earnings..maybe it's the extra links that people see and they don't know what to click!!

Cheers Ryan!

15. Spacey Gracey profile image38

Sigh - Waynet you are an HP hero to me smile. Wish I had eBay too. And I really must get a clue about AdSense.

16. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 13 years ago

I am so glad I'm not the only one that does this! Amazon usually update around 10-10:30pm local time, so just before I go to bed, I go and have a look! For the last week or so the update has been getting later and later. In a lot of cases, I've just shrugged my shoulders and gone to bed and looked in the morning. It's a sensible approach, but this month was a bumper month for me. I was really excited each time I logged in to see how many more orders I had and items which were shipped. (I was only 5 items short of 7% bracket this month and just a little over $280)

I liked doing logging on just before I went to bed. It gave me a feeling of achievement. I think I need a new routine. *G*

17. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I am in fourth round of testing, so far I haven't seen a conclusive large effect on adsense earnings from Kontera.

As with all things though, the content of your hubs could be very different from mine.

I check Amazon once a day, I thought it only updated on a daily basis to be honest!

Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oli Amazon does only update daily - thank goodness. If it was real time states I would probably be permanently sat pressing refresh. But the time of the daily update has changed this month, an having to wait an extra 10 hours to see my treasure....eh um.. I mean earnings... is driving me nuts. Patience is a virtue, that I don't have.

18. Dr23 profile image61
    Dr23posted 13 years ago

Amazon does only update once a day as far as I know. Lately the reports have been delayed, as they have not been arriving at their usual time.

Frankly, I'm not sure why Amazon doesn't update reports similar to Google with just a slight delay ... but I suppose as long as I see numbers daily, I shouldn't complain.

19. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I used to pretty much ignore my amazon. But the last three months I've seen earnings each month that are slowly climbing (last month almost $10).

And I've started this month with two sales. So I'm hoping the hubber gurus are right - September is the start of the Xmas rush!

20. Spacey Gracey profile image38

Amazon updated at its usual time today so my routine is restored. And I think Christmas has started.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not for me it hasn't - yet! sad

21. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 13 years ago

Yup, just checked myself, and they're back on schedule. smile This month is already looking good. I'm already in the 6% commission bracket, with more to be delivered. I had a return, but that comes with having more volume of sales. Thankfully it was only a cheap item.

I'm now crossing my fingers that the volume of sales continues, and increases. big_smile Personally my next goal is to make the 7% bracket.

22. Cleanclover profile image42
    Cleancloverposted 13 years ago

I dont check my account often.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)