Philosophy of life!

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)
  1. apeterson07 profile image59
    apeterson07posted 13 years ago

Hello Life!

What is the meaning of it all? Why are we here? In one sentence, wonderful in its brevity, I offer a two fold reply: “to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever.” That being said, my philosophy of life consists of simply this: how on earth do we, rebels against God’s majesty, we whose best works in this life are still stained with sin, bring anything of value or worth to God? How can we be said to “glorify” Him in His highest power? To answer these questions, we must first realize that our glorification of God does not actually contribute anything to God’s essence or character. In other words, we do not make him happier, more satisfied, or majestic than he was before our existence. Nor is there anything intrinsic to us that glorifies God. Everything we have of any worth that may be said to glorify Him is the direct product of His own gift and activity.
        To live for the glorification of God is something that is entirely individualistic and admirable in my opinion. I believe God and faith coexist together but faith does not set out to merit God’s favor. It does not try to appease God by vain promises of better performances in the future, nor does it take anything to itself. Faith does not even look to itself as the “little work” one performed for salvation. For we are saved by Christ, not by faith; faith simply receives everything that was already accomplished.
        Those who are truly united to Christ by a true and lively faith grow and mature both in their knowledge and their character, as the life of Christ produces repentance, love, and the works that flow out of these gifts, in the life of the believer. These gracious effects never become the basis for our justification or acceptance before God. They follow regeneration; the believer need not undergo a further experience or enter into a higher level of grace in order to enjoy these privileges and joys of a new life. The inheritance of Christ does not come in pieces, as though God were holding a carrot above our heads in order to get us to jump through hoops. Rather, both gifts, justification and sanctification, new status and new life, are given the moment one trusts in Christ alone as the sufficient ground, mediator, and sustainer of the believer’s righteousness before God.
        The terms are clear: glorify Him and enjoy Him forever by receiving the good gifts as tokens of his favor and fatherly pleasure. In eternity past, God put together a plan which included blessings just for us. We glorify Him when we live in that plan and receive all the blessings he has designed for us. God not only wills His highest and best for each believer but, at the same time He provides equal privilege and equal opportunity to attain these blessings. “He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. In love, He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved”.(EPH 1:4-6)
        My purpose in life, removed from any religious aspects, however, is to serve and protect. I will within the next two years become a certified Police Officer within the Beaverton Police Department. I have known from a very young age that I was meant to do something more with my life then the “average man“. Not to say that a well established desk job is anything less then worthy, but I know I am one of the few who will not settle for the easy out. I don’t want to be the norm of those who despise their job but rather a professional who enjoys the work they do and believes in the nature of their efforts.

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

lol

1. profile image0
      RFoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I so have to go to bed and stop chuckling at your responses Misha.
      Hey, isn't it also around 4.40am where you are? Are you up late or early?

big_smile

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nah, i am currently in Moscow Russia visiting my parents, and it is about 1 pm here tongue

1. profile image0

hahaha....so I am the insomniac.
          Egads, the sun will come up soon, I really should get some sleep!

Have a shot of potato vodka with your folks for me. lol lol

tongue

1. Misha profile image63

LOL Thank you. smile
            Vodka usually is made from wheat in this part of the world. It tastes much better. smile

1. WryLilt profile image89
              WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm that makes me want to re-read the potato factory. Nice Hijack, guys!

2. profile image0

Well, I stand corrected...wheat vodka all the way! big_smile

1. Misha profile image63

Come over Rachelle, we'll have a bottle smile

But then I am back home in a week, and I have some good vodka in the freezer back there, and this would be a much shorter trip for you wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)