What Qualifies You for Heaven?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (27 posts)
  1. ComfortB profile image85
    ComfortBposted 11 years ago

What Qualifies You for Heaven?

So many people believe they'll go to heaven when they die. Yet not many people are willing to do what it takes to get there. The Bible says in John 3: 16, that "...whosoever believes in Jesus, shall not perish but have eternal life." And in John 14: 6, Jesus Himself declared "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

Believe It or Not, Heaven Is Real.

2. Esenbee profile image69
    Esenbeeposted 11 years ago

Yes, it is true that many people do believe that they will go to Heaven when they die. I believe that many people have the impression that being "good" such as good behavior, paying your taxes, paying your bills on time, and other social norms that are viewed as "good" in our society also qualifies a doorway to Heaven....and of course according to the Bible that itsn't true.  The only thing that qualifies anyone for Heaven is the belief and Faith in God's son, Jesus Christ.

ComfortBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Definitely the belief and Faith in God's son, Jesus Christ. And the confession that He alone is Lord, and has come in the flesh, died for our sins and alive forever more.

3. drmiddlebrook profile image91
    drmiddlebrookposted 11 years ago

You're so right, ComfortB, a lot of people do believe this. In fact, according to the Bible, everyone will have to be present, meaning we will stand before God, for the judgment. There will be judgment for the saved (I Cor. 3:10-23, II Cor. 5:10-11) and for the lost (Revelations 20: 11-15). So, while everyone will appear before God, not everyone will go to heaven. As a Christian, I believe only those who, while living, accept God's word and receive Jesus as his/her Savior will go to heaven (John 3:26).

1. SwordofManticorE profile image68
      SwordofManticorEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Can God save all, but wont?
      Does God want to save all, but cant?

2. ComfortB profile image85

Absolutely right drmiddlebrook! Couldn't have said it better. God bless you!

3. SwordofManticorE profile image68
      SwordofManticorEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I see you deleted my answer, I will remember the name comfortb

4. ComfortB profile image85

I don't remember deleting any answer. Must be hidden. You may need to expand some of the comments. As far as I can see, your comments are all still intact, SwordofManticorE!

4. blacklion2277 profile image65
    blacklion2277posted 11 years ago

This is a very interesting and engaging question ComfortB and I like it. As someone who has experienced backsliding in the past over the loss of my dear youngest brother, I guess I shouldn't have the guts to say I am qualified for Heaven.

But I think I do and there are two things behind that:
    1) I know Christ has forgiven me for losing faith in the past.
    2) Because of the renewed relationship I have with Christ.

And I can boldly say that sometime in the future, I will meet my brother there.

1. manatita44 profile image71
      manatita44posted 11 years agoin reply to this

My deepest empathy, Black lion. Again, in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, life is as enduring as truth itself.

2. ComfortB profile image85

Amen! I believe you will. It all starts with that assurance of forgiveness and salvation which comes from us taking God at His word that 'if' we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive. Stay blessed in His love!

5. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 11 years ago

I do not say that I am qualified or unqualified for heaven or hell.  I would just let God be the judge.  There are so many things to consider.  The essence is to Love and serve God to the best of your capacity.  Always remember Him and never forget him in all instances. 

We were created in the image and likeness of God.  Heaven and Hell are states of being.  It is written that the Kingdom of God lives within you.  Knowing this there is always a connection.

I hope this helps you on your journey.

Your friend.
    Dhira Krishna Das

1. manatita44 profile image71
      manatita44posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Krishna Das is an immortal singer. That's not you, is it?

2. Darrell Roberts profile image72
      Darrell Robertsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No I am not the singer.  I am the writer.  Best wishes.

6. CrescentSkies profile image64
    CrescentSkiesposted 11 years ago

Well if you believe the bible we're all swarmy pieces of -expletive deleted- who deserve to burn for all eternity in the fires of hell. Even an atheist like me understands that so I don't get why anyone can confidently talk about how they're going to heaven when they're basically predestined for hell by their own doctrine without the mercy of their god.

7. manatita44 profile image71
    manatita44posted 11 years ago

You seem to imply that following Jesus and believing in Him is the only way to heaven. Please correct me if I am wrong. Now to my answer:
    Struggle, struggle, struggle ... no easy road. If your Path is through Christ, then follow it by all means but life's perfection road would still be long and ardous.
    What qualifies me? I walk in this order:
    1. An unshakable belief in Something Higher and an identification with the virtues of this Higher Truth: Love, Compassion, Grace, mercy, forgiveness ...
    2. Prayer both vocal and silent acompanied by a life of purity to attract and become receptive to this Higher Light or Grace. I feel that without Grace it is impossible to progress.
    3. A life of unconditional service to God's creation, all sentient beings.
    4. I am stumbling and falling, and stumbling and falling. I keep getting up with practice, practice and practice. This is my key.
    5. I feel that my life is becoming enrichened, but frankly, I am not too bothered as to how close to heaven that I am, so long as I am striving, as I have faith that God loves me. It is all in His hands.

Yes I believe that Jesus Christ is 'The Way' to heaven.

8. adrienne7777 profile image60
    adrienne7777posted 11 years ago

Nothing would qualify me, besides God's grace. That I believe that Jesus is the son of God, who died for our sins, so that we could have eternal life. So, with that being said Jesus qualified me with his blood.

Yes! For by grace are we saved. Not of works, lest any man should boast.

9. poetvix profile image54
    poetvixposted 11 years ago

I do not believe I am qualified for Heaven.  I know I will go to Heaven.  I am a sinner.  To the best of my knowledge, we all are.  It is not through any deed of man Heaven is achieved but by the grace of Jesus.  Only through Christ may one enter the kingdom of God.  We are but flesh.  Only he is perfect in the eyes of God.  Only through his salvation may we be born anew in the Kingdom.

Yes, I believe you will go to heaven, only if, you will confess your sins and ask Christ Jesus to forgive your sins and dwell within you. You must accept His sacrifice on the cross is for you and believe that He is the Son of God.

10. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 11 years ago

Heaven and Hell, Satan and Jesus are all WITHIN Everyone.  Everyone has their version of what Heaven is and what Hell is.  We each do this just about every day.  Jesus told us that all the laws and the Kingdom of God and he are all WITHIN us.  No one ever dies or becomes non-existent.  If God and Jesus are Within you then there is no other way to get there and that is through your self/Jesus/God. 
    So the answer to your question is:  Everyone Qualifies.

Not everyone qualifies according to the bible. "Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.."

2. Lady Guinevere profile image66
      Lady Guinevereposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Another one that can't read their Bible and know what Jesus taught us.

11. turboguy profile image60
    turboguyposted 10 years ago

Nothing qualifies you for heaven. Heaven is a free gift. God gives it to those who are His. From the sound of your statement posed as a question it seems you already know what God requires of a man and a woman who gets in to His heaven.

ComfortBposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Heaven is definitely is a free gift, to those who accepts it through faith in Jesus atoning blood. And as you said, "it is a free gift" that "God give to those who are his". My question to you is, who are those people? Atheists, Satanists, Pagans? NO

12. ComfortB profile image85
    ComfortBposted 10 years ago

I think what many on here do not realize is that when a question like this is asked, it is done with the intent to open up a dialogue on a controversial subject. I am not laying claim to know more or less than any of you.
    As a person of faith in Christ Jesus , it is my responsibility to proclaim the truth of the Gospel.
    I am called to reconcile men to God, not to agree with that which I deem wrong by my knowledge of the Word of God. I am not here to debate, argue, or fight. I simply present the truth as revealed to me by God's spirit which dwells in me and in all those who confess Him as Lord.
    You can embrace it or reject it. The choice is yours, and you get to live with it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)