0 views in over a week!

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (40 posts)
  1. MeGunner profile image60
    MeGunnerposted 13 years ago

Wondering if my writing is that horrible or uninteresting to the community here. If not, maybe I have to take the SEO classes. Any candid opinion please?

1. MPG Narratives profile image60
      MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It does occasionally happen MG, maybe write more hubs on different topics, go onto forums and comment lots. This seems to work for me.

Also, look at hubbers who are doing really well and take some tips from them.

Good Luck from MPG smile

2. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gunner: I've written 45 hubs. I wrote 4 of them last week. haven't had 1 reader...don't feel bad.
      I'm just not writing anymore until someone reads a couple of those 4...lol I dont think that'll hurt many feelings...:-)

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeap! And that was me! hmm

2. MeGunner profile image60
        MeGunnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For real?

2. MeGunner profile image60
    MeGunnerposted 13 years ago

Thanks a lot. I've been trying that, maybe am just getting impatient

1. qwark profile image61

Gunner: I'll read one of yours and let ya know what I think..:-)

3. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

I'll read one tomorrow. Promise! I have to leave now. Good luck!

I will be grateful

1. qwark profile image61

Gunner I read your "Hub" on "breasts." Excellent!
        I left you a response..
        For goodness sakes, don't stop writing!
        Qwark

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Don't stress about a SINGLE Hub.

I have one lens over at Squidoo that was published on the 11th June this year and has NEVER been read since publication. Not once.

I have never stressed about it.

I wrote one Hub here about 4-5 weeks back and its getting traffic like I have never seen on any other Hub of mine.

Its nothing special I wrote, not exactly an evergreen Hub nor exactly a trendy or hot topic.

Its the internet, most things are possible big_smile

It's not a single hub! But thanks, I hope the internet magic works in my favour

5. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years ago

In most cases, it takes a little while for outside traffic to be generated from newer hubs, even if you are an established writer.  When I was new to hubpages, most of my traffic was from other hubbers.  It takes time for the traffic to start coming in from say Google or Yahoo, or what have you.  It takes time!  Be patient, and keep writing!!!  Don't stress about it too much!  Remember the movie Field of Dreams? "If you write it, they will come..." LOL!

6. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

MeGunner, I just read your hub on the ER.  Amazing hub, and well written, although I'm not sure how many people would read clear through something that detailed.  Personally, I was riveted.

If you're serious about writing though, I would suggest studying some SEO techniques.  While you will get Hp readers when first published, and a few here and there later on, the real reader population is "out there", and if they can't find you they can't read you.

I've written a hub just for HP readers, and a few more just for fun.  None get hardly any views - they have the wrong topics, bad SEO or something else that prevents organic readers from finding and reading them.  Think about why people would search for what you are offering and if they can find it if they do.  It seems to me that these two things are what brings traffic.

Thank you so much. 'm serious about writing but there you go again SEO. Wish I can just perfect that!

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hah!  If you ever perfect SEO, let me know what you did.  I work at it, sometimes spending more time on that than writing, but am far, far from perfect and my traffic on some hubs shows it.

7. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 13 years ago

Good job in your hubs that you have written, keep them coming and the traffic will find you.

Thank you for not saying I have to go and look for traffic. Am not lazy about doing that by the way, I just don't seem to get it yet.

8. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

I am not an expert, I will tell you something that I do.  Not that I can brag about an exorbitant amount of traffic, my traffic primarily comes from google.

I open the google search engine and type in some of the words that I will be using.  Google automatically drops a list of terms related to your word as you are typing it that people search for, I then place these in the hub.  I learned this from Misha if you would like to read his hubs on the subject.

There are other methods of keyword research but this is what I do when putting together a hub.

I hope this can be of some use to you, other then that there are plenty of hubbers with much more experience that have entire hubs dedicated to the subject.  HP search is a useful tool as well. smile

Thank you. I actually read this from Misha, i just didn't believe it would work with all the technicalities offered by other hubbers in getting traffic. Now I will try it. Thank You

1. Arthur Fontes profile image73
        Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your Welcome

I do this for hub titles as well,  your hub title should be something that people are actually searching for.  When I started I thought witty magazine titles would be best.  I have since discovered that keyword research on my titles has had a huge difference.

Misha is a hubber that walks the walk.  Darkside, Sunforged, Mark Knowles, are all hubbers that I have read and learned from.  Just a few among many.

9. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Your hub called 'A pleasant Experience with an Autistic Child' can be optimised for search engine traffic just by putting the words 'autistic child' in the very first sentence. I don't think anyone would type the rest of the title into search but they would type those words if that was what they were looking for. By the way, nearly 2,000 people a day search for 'autistic child'.

I love your hubs (those that I have read just now). I love your writing style. But lack of SEO is stopping people from finding your hubs,as has been pointed out already on this thread.

To optimise your hubs, find the keywords that mostly describe what you article is about. Include them in the title, the URL and the first sentence, as well as randomly in the body of the text.

Use the same keywords in the title and URL - don't have one saying 'car' and the other 'cars' (for example). They are two different words.

Arthur already said, use keywords that people are actually searching for, and if you are writing in the main about medical things, you will find most of the ones about disease and illness are searched for (and some pay extremely well too through google adsense).

You're a medic - send some of your links to medical sites and .edu sites. These backlinks are very powerful, much more so than the ones we get from backlinking to redgage etc. You being a medical doctor already means they may be accepted.

You cannot change the urls of existing hubs, but remember to optimise all your future hubs this way.

Good luck!

I don't know if you believe in God, but if you do, then He will bless you for me. Thanks a lot. Am going to start little now

10. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

I've been writing "hubs" and participating in the forum for over a year....will someone pls tell me what an SEO is...lolol..I honestly have no idea...t'y'all...:-)

11. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I once had a view

1. qwark profile image61

I once had a view? how do ya get SEO outa that?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Greek secret, LOL. he is always funny.

1. qwark profile image61

...to some...lol  :-)

1. Greek One profile image63
            Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

who?!?!??!?!

tell me!!

1. qwark profile image61

...only guessing Greek, only guessing...lol

12. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

SEO is easy..

In order to benefit from Search Engine Optimization (SEO), one must do the following..

1) Find some who has succeeded with SEO.
    2) Find out where they live
    3) Tie them up and torture them until they provided you with their Adsense account log in information
    4) Log on as this person, and change their account info so that you are the recipient of their revenue
    5) drink all the alcohol in their house (this is an optional step, but I highly recommend it
    6) Dispose of their body so that the local police can not find it, regardless of how their own search engine effort work

There are evidently other ways of benefiting from search engine optimization efforts, but who the hell wants to learn all about all that backlining, pinging, Adwords, keyword, yadda yadda yadda crap??

1. qwark profile image61

Excellent Greek...lolol   I'm gonna ditto ya on that one...:-)

13. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 13 years ago

I just read a number of your hubs and they are extremely well written and pleasant to read.  I think you are getting good advice here.  Getting found by those outside of HP is what you really need.  smile

14. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years ago

I would suggest adding more tags. The breast cancer hub only has two tags. One of the major ways that things get found by search engines is through the tags associated with it.

You can also look for medical blogs with posts related to your subjects and post a (legitimate) comment, with your hub URL as your webpage. You'll get some reads from people clicking on the link, but more importantly, you will get backlinks, which help your hubs' ranking with the Google.

15. SteveoMc profile image73
    SteveoMcposted 13 years ago

I am just a beginner, so take what I say with a grain of salt.  I have been lucky with some of the things I have done, and it is pure luck.  SEO is a mystery to me, and there are quite a few opinions and methods, but I follow a simple approach that works pretty well for me.   

Just try this one thing:  Google your title before your publish.   

For Breasts' Sake:  About 1,980,000 results.

For Breast's Sake:  About 31,300,000 results

Breast Cancer:  About 56,100,000 results

How to beat Breast Cancer:  About 1,680,000 results

Looking at the results, the last one, although lower results, has the most closely related topics, screening, self-exam, etc.   This tells you that you need more work on keywords and tags.  The method that readers use to find you. 

Notice the subtle difference in the first and second searches.  Don't ask me why it is so different, but it is good to know that there is a difference.   

Now look at keywords.   My understanding of keywords is primitive at best.   But I have noticed that the right keywords improve your views dramatically.     I have been able to double and triple my views on a hub by improving the keywords and tags.  And using a mix of words and long tail keywords sometimes take no view hubs to 10 or more a day.  Just that change, and nothing else. 

The most popular key words are in high competition, use them, because who knows.  Make sure you look for some low competition words with a reasonable number search.   450,000 searches for for a low competition keyword is good.

For your Hub, low competition words are: oncology 450,000,  mammogram  110,000,  breast exam  27,100   That means that you might get some traffic from these tags if you used them.   I would add them as tags right away and make sure they are in your text.  You do not have any of them in your tags. 

Practice thinking about the condition as a patient, not as a doctor.  What are patients likely to ask?   This may be a hint for keywords.   

The only anchor keyword you have takes the reader to another hub.   It might be better to have links to your own hubs, or refer readers at the end of your hub, with low views you may want readers to stay with you until they have read the entire hub.

1. qwark profile image61

Thanks Steve:
      I'm so far out in left field, to the majority of readers, that my attitude has become: if ya have problems with English and ya don't understand the "title," and the possibilities, reading my "hubs" will only cause grief and misunderstanding. I'd just as soon have those folks skip my stuff. I do appreciate every hubber who reads with understanding and, whether negative or positive, replies and offers their personal thoughts about the subject matter, my writing style...whatever.
      If I write a "hub" titled:  "Tobacco Smokers" and no one reads it, going to check the subject matter on "google" and basing my title on how many hits Google got, doesn't seem to help me...lol
      But thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated.
      Qwark

16. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Whenever I see one of my hubs has 0 for the last 7 days I take the opportunity to go in and try to improve or add to it.

1. qwark profile image61

Thanks Psyche: I rework many of my hubs. This one is perfect the way it is.
      Thanks for the suggestion tho.
      Qwark

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you MeGunner?

1. qwark profile image61

Skinner:
          Nope its just me Qwark.
          Why?
          Does MeGunner write "perfect" stuff too?....:-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)