In Present Circumstances you think obama has chance for 2nd term?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (23 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

what are your views?...would he get second term in way he is going?

1. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let's hope not.

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

so you want republicans to come?

1. aguasilver profile image70
          aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, actually I would want an honest political party to come, and the USA does not have one.

Politics is corruption, end off, and whatever colour they wear on  the badge, in the end they shaft the people they are supposed to serve.

I hope President Obama does not get elected for a second term because I see him as a bad leader with bad ideas, that does not make me a Republican, indeed, as a Brit living in SE Asia, I have no political affiliations, or vote in your country, which is a shame, as what America does affects the world.

1. Aficionada profile image80
            Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well said! 

"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely."  I would like to think that there are politicians who start out with high ideals, morals and ethics.  But I do believe that the longer one stays in politics the more likely they are to become corrupt.  I also believe that politics tends to attract people who are corrupt - or who tend towards corruption - to begin with.

Good point - but this morning I saw that Obama is still very popular in Europe!!  So I wouldn't want the Europeans to vote, even if they could. [A Brit living in SE Asia, though.... maybe that would be okay.] 

I don't think Obama has much of a chance in 2012 as things stand right now.  But there is time for him to turn things around somewhat.  I just hope American voters stay on the alert and pay careful attention to him and the long-term effects of everything he says and does.

2. OpinionDuck profile image61
            OpinionDuckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree and hope that Obama won't have another term.

2. Freeway Flyer profile image82
      Freeway Flyerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It basically comes down to the economy, something Obama - like any President - has limited control over. If economic fortunes have significantly improved, and the Republicans pick a lousy candidate - Sarah Palin, for instance - then he has a decent shot. If we are still in slow growth mode, then unemployment will stay high, the deficit will remain huge, and he will probably be toast. Republicans will then proceed to do no better (just like last time).

1. Friendlyword profile image62
        Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Regardless of the economy; Obama is guaranteed another term. Thank you Teabaggers!

1. Sylvie Strong profile image61
          Sylvie Strongposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it is silly to guess at this point.  No one knows...and anyone that thinks they have a good idea is deluding themselves.  Many modern presidents have suffered popularity problems at this point in their presidency.  Some posters are correct that the direction of the economy will be a significant contributing factor.

3. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah- currently there is no one to run against him that stands half a chance.  So yeah, I think he does.  This is my personal opinion anyways.

2. BDazzler profile image78
    BDazzlerposted 13 years ago

Honestly, in terms of the fickle American public, two years is a long way away.

The best chance he has for a second term is a republican controlled congress.  Whatever bad issues  face us in two years, he can blame them for.  Whatever good issues face us in two years, he can take credit for.  When you only have 1 party in control, the blame game that is part and parcel of the US political scene is much harder to play.

3. Dorothee-Gy profile image64
    Dorothee-Gyposted 13 years ago

Let's just hope that he doesn't have the same I idea as his predecessor, starting a war because that's the safest bet to stay in office! I absolutely don't like that idea...

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Smart girl! smile

4. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

This brings up a problem that I see with the political system. The idea that this guy (or anyone else for that matter) may want to spend his first term trying to establish a good chance for a second term instead of using the first term to do some good. 1 good term seems better then 2 lousy terms yet most seem to want 2 lousy terms.

lol

5. barryrutherford profile image74
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

Who would you choose Palin or Obama ?  Me thinks Obama

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Definitely Obama.
      What Obama can achieve is limited by congress but the man is very smart, a great leader, respected in most parts of the world, (except America itself, but that is no surprise to the rest of us.)

You have the dirtiest bunch of lunatics in the opposition party ever seen or assembled on the planet!

The tea party will sink them.

lol

6. Doug Hughes profile image61
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

There's an element missing from the OP.

What candidate could beat Obama in an election?

Despite the dirge beat out daily on FOX, Obama's approval is right in there with other modern presidents at this phase.

you have a point..

7. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

very true.

any president is limited by congress. it doesn't help with the party of no trying to make sure they win elections rather than doing the work they were elected to do. that has been their plan since Obama was elected.

the tea party will end up doing more harm than good to the republican party, making way for a second term. I think some forget what they really want to do and how it will make those who are hurting now hurt even more. they don't like helping the middle/lower class.

8. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 13 years ago

Yes, if Sarah Palin become the presidential nominee for the Republican Party.

9. ponx profile image80
    ponxposted 13 years ago

I hope not.I don't think he has managed to make any difference to anything anyway.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)