Men. how much underwear do you own, and what's your favorite style?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

I was watching this men's fashion advice guru on youtube, and he claims that men should never wear tighty whiteys, or white crewneck t-shirts, because it's not fashionable. I just watched this, and went...you're kidding right?

I love white underwear, and have a lot of it. I'm not going to give up my white cotton t-shirts because some supposed fashion expert thinks I should throw them out. I actually think a white cotton t-shirt by itself with jeans is kinda hot.

I did agree with some of his undie fashion "do's", and, that is to wear trunk briefs, or boxerbriefs. But, didn't agree with him when he said they should never be white. I like all colors, but, when it comes to men's underwear, the colors they are putting out are very dull. I like lots of reds and blues, and most of it is ash grey or black. Don't care for it.

I also agreed on his undie fashion "don'ts" and, those are boxer shorts, thongs, and bikini underwear. I agree that boxer shorts are for your wheel chair bound grandpa, and the skimpy stuff should only be in the women's department.

So, I'll admit that my favorites are briefs, and trunks. I like the full cutt brief, not the midrise. I have a dresser full of underwear...while some guys get buy with only 6 or 7 pairs. I love my tighty whiteys.

So what's in your dresser?

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know this is off the subject, but I really don't give a damn about men's underwear! - I just have to ask it, is this really the best pic you have of yourself, brimancandy?  You look like you have seen a ghost!  smile

brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's called a bad webcam. I have lots of photos of myself. Does this photo help? Also my profile pic is about 4 or 5 years old.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3949269_f248.jpg

I added this as my profile pic on october 15th, 2010. This photo was taken at the Gerald Ford museum in Grand Rapids, Michigan during Artprise 2010. Which was just a few weeks ago, when I started growing a beard. My friends tell me I look great! Not bad for 45 anyways.

2. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

I wear a sock. Argyle.

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

I can think of other subjects much more interesting than drawers full of undies!!

3. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

My favorite style is no underwear!  Like the song says, "sorry about that, let it all hang out! smile

4. Joe Badtoe profile image61
    Joe Badtoeposted 13 years ago

I wear my grandmothers underwear........

whilst she's still in them....

It keeps her warm

and me comfortable.

5. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

The only reason I post the question is to get feedback on something that someone who claims to be a fashion expert, and his views on men's clothing in general. And, I was just wondering if anyone else agreed with his thoughts.

He also stated that guys should not wear white undershirts under their regular shirts, unless it is a V-neck or a tank.
    And, I disagree. I think a white crew-neck looks hot with a regular shirt. I also find it uncompfortable to wear a shirt without it. Unless it is blazing hot outside, then I will just wear a t-shirt anyways.

I kind of assumed that the jokes would flow like water.
    I find it strange that another post about men wearing womens underwear got more positive feedback from men, then my post about mens underwear. What's the big deal?

I wear underwear mens underwear and I like it. So there!!!!

If you search for hubs on men's underwear. I am not the only one commenting. I also post, because I feel it is un unexplored subject in the fashion forums. yet, there are a bazillion posts on womens underwear, I just wanted to even things out a little.

That, and I hate womens underwear!!!

6. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 13 years ago

Brimancandy, I must also say that I think you look great in your new profile pic. The old one was terrible, which I only allow myself to say now I've seen the new one smile

About underwear:
    I always wear the trunks and tight fitting tank tops. My colours are black, grey ... and white. I'm something of a fashion guru myself (even if not on HubPages), and the fashion guru you mention can't possibly know what he's on about.
    The colour of my underwear always relates to my 'over-wear'.

Almost forgot to mention in reply to the question - I own tons of underwear, the trunks all with designer labels that I make visible above my jeans. We all have to show-off every now and again smile

Thanks camlo. I was off working on the haunted trail over the weekend, so I haven't been near my computer for a few days.

I met a younger guy who is working on the trail, and notice that he has the visible underwear waistband over the jeans thing going on too. That only works on some guys, you have to have the body to pull it off, otherwise you just come across as looking fashion retarded.

I found it funny that you can now buy men's jeans that have an underwear waistband sewn into the waist of the jeans. Obviously the jean companies don't understand that it's a satement about who you are, and not just the look. Those jeans would make you look like you wear the same underwear every day, or at least every trime you are wearing that particular pair of jeans. I think that's pretty stupid, and only attempt to cash in on a what some might see as a phase.

7. profile image57
    jimandoposted 13 years ago

The jeans with the underwear sewn in, always puzzles me what would they like you to do not buy underwear, as there is a bit sewn in.

I think wear whatever makes you feel comfortable, if white crew neck tshirts were a bad fashion idea then why is it that major brands and retailers sell millions of them every year, I wonder if the video was to more promote conversation than reflect true fashion trends

The man who is doing the fashion advice on Youtube has several videos, including how to cut your own hair, and groom your facial hair and eyebrows. Some of the stuff he has is pretty interesting, even though a lot of it might not be considered mainstream. He is also very attractive, so that is a plus.

As for the jeans with the underwear sewn in, I don't get that either. There are also plenty of stores that are now selling those horrible baggy rapper pants, and shirts, that have more decorations on them than a Christmas tree.  I would bet that he would not recommend wasting money on either.

I think most of the major retail stores in America are putting a major focus on what teenagers are spending their money on, and less on what someone with some common sense would want to buy. One reason why I buy most of my jeans at Goodwill, and probably why they are charging more for used clothing than ever.

I'm hoping that the start of this new decade will put an end to this crap. But, with people like Lady Ga Ga running around, I'm sure it will only get worse, and goodwills prices will go up tenfold.

8. Bill Manning profile image67
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Since I live in Florida and work at home, 99% of the time I wear a tank top, low cut white socks, an old raggy pair of shorts and colored low raise briefs. Really. lol

When I go out, I switch the shorts to one of two pairs of jeans I have. Guess I'm not all that fashionable. tongue

Yes Bill. I have met guys like you. You could fit all of their clothing into a couple suitcases. Yet they have a 6 drawer dresser, three of which are filled with every magazine they have ever read. Or, it's just tons of receipts and documents, their old highschool yearbook, and tons of old photographs.

They usually have one drawer with a small assortment of socks, t-shirts and underwear. They have another drawer filled with sweats and shorts, and another drawer that has nothing but old sweaters that they never wear.

Sound familiar at all?

Then I have met guys that have so much clothes, they could open a store, and sell it all, and make a small fortune! So you never know.

1. Bill Manning profile image67
        Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ummm, not quite, but close. I'm one of those that does not keep anything at all. I live like I'm about to move next week. Got one box that holds every book, paperwork and so on.

I can fit everything I own into a full size van. Where I live does not mean much to me, they are all square boxes to me. How you live life is what matters, not what stuff you have. smile

I wish I could get rid of my stuff! Yard sale coming in the spring!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)