Amazon Conversion Rate?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

What is considered a good or average conversion rate for Amazon products in general??

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

From what I've read, 5% to 10% is average. It feels right, as I'm usually in the 6% to 10%+ range.

Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Irohner! smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just checked my conversion rate so far for this month and it is 15.84%.  also it is the highest month I've had.  I hope it continues.

I read on one of the news articles from HP that on average it takes 3 years for our hubs to peak. did anyone else read that interview with Paul Edmondson? http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/23/hubpages/

1. J Sunhawk profile image68
        J Sunhawkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Read it, but still digesting it.

I'm seeing HubPages as a bicycle with training wheels. The Hub crew makes certain you don't fall over or ride into the traffic and get squashed.

I think that's all a plus. The horror stories I read over on the Google forums are certainly eye opening, especially from the poor schmucks who get banned from AdSense and have no idea why. I believe the Hub crew helps us from killing ourselves, intentionally or not. After all, we earn for them and they for us. For that reason, they need to be certain we don't get our shins scraped too badly.

The Hub crew has plans for us and they certainly help as much as it's possible to do with a huge gaggle of writers.

I'm way off topic so I better stop.

2. kephrira profile image61
        kephriraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, 3 years, I always thought search traffic peaked at about 1 year for most content. Just another year and a half to go and I'll be rich then!

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
          rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the key is evergreen topics. look at some of the high paying earners here and their hub topics. 3 years seems to be the magic number. I'm sure for some it may happen sooner.

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

My rates for Amazon & Adsense are always lower than the 'average.'

I've had over 600 Amazon clicks this month and only 20 sales.

That said, they were all unique sales. Hope someone goes on a shopping spree soon!

Had those clicks been on your Adsense ads, you would've made some good money. This is why sometimes I avoid placing Amazon ads on my hubs.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I still place Adsense first, even on sales hubs.

On informational hubs I place a few amazon items below all the information.

Currently my monthly earnings for Adsense are double my Amazon earnings - although I only got serious about product hubs about 3 months ago.

1. sagebrush_mama profile image60
          sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine were really low in the first few months, and picked up in the last couple, although I don't pay real close attention to the conversion rate.  Steadily improving, though, which I like! 

I almost always place adsense first, too, and almost always include Amazon, even if my topic is more adsense targeted.

2. authorfriendly profile image63
          authorfriendlyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Writ congrats on your sales ...quick question since I am still new esp to adsense . You said "place adsense first" ...am I missing something? I thought they were automatically placed, do they need to be set up by us? My account was only just approved a couple days back and I thought it would be automatic

1. IzzyM profile image87
            IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Read up - I replied to someone else asking the same thing.

2. WryLilt profile image87
            WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Authorfriendly, you need a certain amount of text and/or capsules for hubpages to be able to place the maximum adverts.

Here is an example of a hub where the first paragraph allows adverts to appear right at the top:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Which-Social-Sp … -Marketing

Here are two examples of not allowing the adverts to be placed in prime position (first example because a photo is top right and second example because there is not enough text in the first box):

http://hubpages.com/hub/Is-Gran-Turismo-5-Any-Good

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-New-Conspiracy-Movies

4. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

My conversion rates suck.  sad

5. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

Mine is 4.79% this month, yet it is my highest month yet. As long as you're making money, I don't think the conversion rate is necessarily the be all end all. smile

It certainly is not and I never said it is.
      And everyone makes money but you might want to increase the amount of money you make by working on the conversion rate and increasing it a couple of points. smile

6. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

mine are very low over the past three months...2% if I'm lucky sad

7. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

i had 3 other link clicks though i have not yet written any sales hub, what are the other links?

1. Anaya M. Baker profile image77
      Anaya M. Bakerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've had 20. Also wondering what these are...

8. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

My conversion has always been lousy at perhaps 2%.  I've made a total of about $20 up till November and have never made over the 4%.  This month, however, the conversion has jumped to 12.5%, and I've sold 29 items.  Income has already hit $40 with some $250 worth left to ship that was all ordered yesterday.  Somebody has got to be playing games with me.

Perhaps I'll complain to Amazon.  Then again, maybe I won't! lol

9. Wendy Krick profile image63
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

I'm sitting at an average of 6%.

10. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 13 years ago

I really don't concern myself with conversion rate. Last month I had a cr of about 10% and made a couple of hundred dollars - this month so far I only have a conversion rate of less than 2% but look likely to be close to the same amount of 'dollars'....I am managing to get 'larger' item sales, so they more than make up for the conversion rate and probably explain why the conversion rate is low! I also note that we're probably seeing a lower cr as Black Friday is looming - many shoppers are 'looking' at the moment but not buying until they see what's on sale!!!

11. profile image49
    passingposted 13 years ago

What do people mean by place adsense adverts

1. IzzyM profile image87

Depending on how many words you put in your very first paragraph, you can get the first block of ads to sit in the prime spot to the right of your opening words. Also keep that area free of photographs.

12. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

I seem to be getting a much lower amount than most people, but then I do get a lot of clicks. This month so far I am on 3761 clicks and 105 ordered items, which makes a conversion rate of just 2.79% - but does at least put me on target to get the 110 items needed for the 7% commision rate.

13. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

I think you do have to take the type of items into consideration too - high priced items get a lower conversion rate because they are a more considered purchase, but they make you lots of money when you do get a sale.

14. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I think Paul Edmondson and the crew have all the right ideas of making an extremely successful business model and they keep up and move ahead with trends.  I think his words sum it up well.

Now, going on our fifth year of business and with nearly 140% growth in the last 12 months in terms of visitors, I can see the site growing well into the future based on our three original tenets of making it easy to create content, driving traffic and sharing the revenue.

15. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Today I hit that magic 7% and my cr is 6.07%.

1. profile image0
      Hovalisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! By a strange coincidence I hit the 7% commission range today as well, which is a first for me. I've been close in the last two months but finally made it over the hurdle. smile My conversion rate atm is 8.98% which is around about the normal range for me of 8-9%.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Hey thanks and congratulations to you too! This is also my first time though I got within 10 sales last month.

16. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I hope my referral rate increase by .5% so that it will be 7 percent next week?

17. Bill Manning profile image67
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

My % seems to be low, only around 1.80% to 2.0%. Yet most of my traffic comes from product pages, so I don't know why.

My products are popular with kids, so maybe it's kids that are doing the clicking. However I've already broke $100.00 this month so I'm happy. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)