Ebay Question

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Matt Geer profile image60
    Matt Geerposted 15 years ago

I was denied approval for Ebay's Application. If I want to reapply, how does that work? I tried to reapply but all it says is that my email is already in the system. What do I do?

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 15 years ago

Matt, if HubPages is your only web presence, you'll probably do better to develop more content before you try applying to them again.  Six hubs doesn't offer them much in the way of revenue potential and bringing in new buyers, which is what they are looking for.

And there's a LOT of threads on this same topic already in the forum.  You should read them over for more info.

3. seohowto profile image61
    seohowtoposted 15 years ago

Hm, at the time I was applying I had 2 hubs only. But I have over 100 positive feedbacks on ebay as a seller, and I got my approval within 24 h. I think if you have a well established account on ebay, that would be heplful

4. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I agree with seohowto, I had a previous account with ebay with a 100% rating as a seller and buyer. At the time, I don't think that I had many hubs when I signed up, but I believe my previous activity with ebay helped.

I was also a member at CJ.com, but when I signed up with CJ, I didn't have any problems getting approved with few to no hubs. The transfer to EPN, may have had something to do with my membership with them via CJ.

5. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 15 years ago

I really dont think your hub presence has ANYTHING at all to do with your application process with ebay partner network..I have been an affiliate with ebay since they were on cj.com and am still an affiliate via pepperjam publisher network.

i do think your ranking as seller or buyer in ebay could relate if it happens to be negative, but I know people with epn accounts that have bever signed up for ebay at all as a buyer/seller

I do know it is not uncommon for international users to be denied especially if your country is one that is unfortuantely associated with fraud or piracy (think nigeria)

If your only goal is to use the ebay hubs option I guess its just a waiting game but if you would like to just be a partner for other purposes i can help you to sign up via a 3rd party publisher

-Good Luck

1. accofranco profile image79
      accofrancoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

pls i am a nigerian and i really don't like your negative comment about nigeria.Nigeria has corrupt citizens just like other countries like your country.Most nigerians are good.

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Im sure your an outstanding citizen but if you didnt know that Nigeria is known for 401 scams, internet fraud and is given extra scrutiny by the online community than you should get out more.

Three of my good friends are from nigeria...efosa, esosa and chinwe - efe (efosa) was even my roommate for several years. If you had read closer I said "unfortunately associated with .....nigeria"

I meant neither you nor your country offense.

and know for something completely different....

http://www.419eater.com/    now thats funny... a whole site dedicated to busting scammers

1. James Junior profile image62
          James Juniorposted 15 years agoin reply to this

http://www.419eater.com/    now thats funny... a whole site dedicated to busting scammers

Please, I am a scammer and I don't like your negative reference to scammers above, most scammers are good people, just trying to rip off others, is that such a big deal? smile

1. accofranco profile image79
            accofrancoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

thanks James,i love you for being you.Big up to you.By the way,who taught the said Nigerian fraudsters how to dupe others?Is it not the westerners and the developed countries?In 2003 my eldest brother was fraud $23,000 by a united states auto dealer,who he tried to buy car from.Again in 2006 an uncle was fraud again a chinese TV Maker he imported TV from,he sent the first import,but when my uncle sent him around $17500 to ship another TV,he ate the money and ran.So every country has bad eggs,please don't ever condemn Nigeria again,things has changed now. And why should a westerner agree to harbor funds he knew nothing about,is it not greed and corruption anyway? Please check yourselves again.Thanks

1. darkside profile image63
              darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I recall Paypal not offering services to Nigeria. Has this changed?

And Adsense, are you able to get an Adsense account?

2. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 15 years agoin reply to this

i hope i didnt waste my time allaying the fears of yet another scammer!

Are you Ngozika Nwiro ?

6. profile image0
    Iphigeniaposted 15 years ago

hee hee James, made me smile ! I'm going to be one of your fans

7. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 15 years ago

that 419eater site I referenced is an amazing read...the owner of the site has been "scambaiting" for years...he will trick the scammers into doing outrageous things for money including sometimes even sending money to him instead!

He also like to take advantage of their poor english skills to say ridiculous stuff to them, which is apparently lost in transalation

www.419eater.com

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)