Dump Adobe.

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Dump Adobe. Their software is crap and I am sick of it screwing up the HP editor. I’m also sick of the hoops and contracts they make everybody go through and sort through for each and every upgrade.

There, I feel better… smile

1. Pcunix profile image92
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't disagree.

Apple feels exactly the same way.

They are right.. Adobe is a constant source of security leaks.  Plainly they have very sloppy programmers or care more about glitz than safety.

1. TomC35 profile image59
        TomC35posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, and Apple is somehow not some greedy tech company who does not charge lots of money, strong arm little companies, etc?  Give me a break.  They are the pot calling the kettle black.

Many companies with resources are using HTML 5, but many companies cannot afford to just up and make these changes, so for people thinking all websites will no longer use Flash just because the power of Apple are kidding themselves.

1. bennyliu profile image60
          bennyliuposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, flash is not welcomed by Apple, and html5 is so hot in these 2 years. So now I have to shift from flash to html5 frequently.  Luckily I found a conversion tool called Sothink SWF Decompiler. I think it brings help.

2. iamalegend profile image61
      iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Photoshop is good. But the price is not good

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Even still, gotta suggestion for replacement?
    I'm all ears.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why replace them with anything? I can do just fine without their cute little graphics… smile

2. Pcunix profile image92

If you use a Mac, you don't need any of their junk.

3. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Why ?
    I'm only against their FLASH platform and nothing else. I'm 'get things done' type of guy, i don't care about any agenda of steve jobs or eric raymond. If adobe completes my project then i'm fine with it.

How many times have you seen critical security updates for Adobe products?  It's far too frequent.

Just Google Adobe Security and watch what pops up - hole after hole after hole.  THAT is why Apple hates them.

1. skyfire profile image78
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Even apple products come with lots of security leaks periodically. Apple hates them because they want to lock their customers to their own platoform. As a consumer, instead of playing this agenda-game of these guys, i prefer to get my work done. If the app is doing just what i need then i'm not going to stop myself from using it in hope for some random application that even don't get close to it in terms of features.

Fine. Put your computer at risk.

4. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

I've been using Adobe for as long as they've been around on a Mac. All computers are irritating and all software has it down side. However, Adobe, for the most part does allow me to do what I need to. And I admit I'm used to the products.  I'm not necessarily a proponent of Adobe, it's just that for me, they provide stuff I use and get things done to satisfaction. I don't particularly like Word, but it seems everyone uses it, and it puts me at a disadvantage in some situations not to have it.

There are a lot of trade offs in the computer world.

5. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I like photoshop, but the prices are insanely high.

6. TomC35 profile image59
    TomC35posted 13 years ago

Adobe products are very expensive, but then again so are many good quality things.

I like some of Adobe's products. Their graphic software is excellent.

7. paradigmsearch profile image59

Tried 4 times to install the piece-of-crap adobe-flash upgrade; failed 4 times and it locked up my computer. And this is after I took care of all the security obstacles issues.

Why do web designers (including HP and Google) insist on including this piece-of-garbage software in their website applications?

Why?

Why?

Why?

If there was any money in it, I’d write a hub ripping Adobe a new one. And it would be SEO’d to the hilt. And I would AdWords it. I may just do it anyway…

8. paradigmsearch profile image59

This rant brought to you by paradigmsearch on an otherwise pleasant Thursday morning. smile

9. freshlookgraphics profile image55
    freshlookgraphicsposted 13 years ago

I use Adobe software every day, and I've been doing so for years. I use a mac, and I swear I've never had any problems save for the occasional unexpected quit. But that's a common problem with all software - including Apple products. So, in short, I cant empathize with your dissatisfaction. I Love Adobe. Their products have helped make me a lot of money, and they're very fun to use. But maybe I'm just lucky.

10. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Oh well seeing as the subject ha been brought up again, I am sick to death of Adobe Flash crashing, then I have to re-install because so many programs want it.

I don't know what its problems is, running a very stable windows 7 on an Intel i3 CPU with 4Gb ram, but every now and then I get a freeze, it releases and I find loads of sites I had opened with the error message that Flashplayer has crashed.

Well, I see no need for it, just because I didn't pay for the damned thing, doesn't mean they shouldn't make sure it is working well with all applications.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)