jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Need help! Flash to HTML5

1. bennyliu profile image60
    bennyliuposted 6 years ago

Hi, everyone, I use flash as the animation realization for my website, and now more and more colleagues begin to talk about html5...so I have to transform from flash to html5, but I don't know how. Anyone can help me?

1. trecords0 profile image61
      trecords0posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Check out the Adobe forums.  They also came up with a program called Adobe Edge that's supposed to act like After Effects, but save in HTML5.  You might try downloading that and playing with it.

bennyliuposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, trecords0, I also find another tool on Adobe called Adobe Wallaby, is there any differfence between the two?

2. VictorG profile image59
    VictorGposted 6 years ago

HTML5 is really exciting, but has a long way to go until it is fully supported. For instance, IE9 offers some support, but before that, like IE6-8, there is none. So, it is important to keep this in mind.

Of course, most other browsers offer more support and for things like the iPhone/iPad, flash won't work.

While using Adobes Tool may be the easiest, I would recommend checking out a book from the library or finding a good online book. This way, you can learn the basics and once you understand them, use an automated tool if you want to...

Thanks for your help VictorG,
      What you said is what I concerned, there is not a unified support among the browsers. As for MS, it's a little bit conflict, IE9 supports some of html5 function, but IE6-8 don't, that's kind of ridiculous, and I don't really believe MS would give up Silverlight.
      I think Google Chrome has the best support of html5.
      I found some information online yesterday, and here is what I got, Google swiffy and Sothink swf decompiler. It is said that they could complete the conversion. I'll have a try .

Hey, I don't know about Wallaby, so I can't answer your question there.  MS will not give up Silverlight anytime soon because they just came out with it, and what Victor said is true - anything from Apple won't support Flash.  Your best bet is to go with Chrome.  Something I've done in the past is do research on the programs you want/need to use by going to amazon and reading all the specs and reviews, then go to a torrent site and download to test them out.  (Remember to purchase if you use it a lot!)

Hey, trecords, I found something about wallaby on adobe's site, it converts the artwork and animation contained in FLA files into HTML. This allows you to reuse and extend the reach of your content to devices that do not support the Flash runtimes.
          I think the deveces that don't support the Flash refers to the apple product such as iPone iPad iPod.  The html5 oriented action of adobe seems to be the conpromise to apple; apple is so strong in mobile termenal apps.
          I'll choose one tool among the google swiffy, sothink swf decompiler and wallaby or edge after the test.
          Thanks for your advice, trecords, of course I'll purchase one smile

That's what I meant, mobile devices from Apple not supporting flash.  They had a big fight about it about a year ago.  The (remember to purchase) was meant to be humorous because that's what all of the pirates put at the end of their notes.  That's good to know about Wallaby.  Thanks,  Tim.

Exactly! It seems Apple is getting the upper hand, I hope the agreement could be achieved between those tycoons, thus html5 could develop into a unified standard earlier, at least its good for the common devoloper like us, haha.
              By the way, I decide to choose Sothink swf decompiler, I think it is more suitable for me smile

working