Home skoolin' is dangerous in the wrong hands

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 13 years ago

This is one of the reasons I dislike home schooling so much. There is no restrictions on what you can teach your children. This type of mentality is ruining America.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/2009/jan … ation.html

How Comes The Obama Gets To Be A Presidents?

Dear Pastor,

The other day after family prayerings in our living room, Pa turned on the TV as usual and we started in on watching the Mr. Hannity's Show.  Mr. Hannity was talking about our Lord Jesus as usuals and then brought him up a picture of the gang city rapper he called, "Obama."

"That THING is going to be the Presidents of these here United States Screamed Pa. So Pastor, How comes the Obama Gets to be a Presidents?

Johnny Eastfall
    Age 27
    Landover Baptist Rural Institute for the Continuing Education of Home Schoolers

Dear Johnny,

Johnny, the word, "Obama" in ancient Baptist Hebrewish is pronounced, "Aboma." Your Pa knows that. Jesus warned us about "the Obama-nation" or as Republicans and Christians like us have come to call it, "the Abomination" in Matthew 24:15-16:

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation (The Obama), spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (The White House) - Then let them which be in Judaea (Washington, DC) flee into the mountains (Freehold, Iowa)."

So my boy, you needn't worry about why sinners flippantly cast their votes and souls into the Lake of Fire. Some of those folks just did it cause they felt sorry for Negroes. The good Lord cast folks' lot in life for a reason, and your Pa is angered because he thinks them coloreds is getting uppity. God's fiendish final solution for baby-killers, homo-lovers, liberals, and everyone who doesn't belong to this church was put in play long before any of us drew our first breath. A-men? 

Johnny, the Obama will begin making decisions soon about the economy, war, foreign affairs and more. These so-called, "conscious decisions" which will act as little ticking time-bombs put in place to slowly erode America's place in the world and ruin every aspect of American life as we know it today.  But you are too young to understand the adult Republican mind, boy.  Just keep reading the Bible, and you'll understand it all when you're old and smart enough.   

In Jesus' Name,

Pastor Deacon Fred

Is this really what a child should be learning from people they are supposed to respect and believe?

1. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I like to try to find the middle ground and I try to laugh at myself to a greater extent than others, but that site is way harsh on religion, if that page is any indication of what mentality they think people of belief are.

In fairness, I'm going to try and find the humor, Because I've noticed you're a funny guy; but I hope not many people of faith wander in here because they may post rather testy in response.

Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just, that's part of the enjoyment. Watching people react without realizing it is satire. Yes it is harsh on christians but you will notice that it manages to be just as harsh to them as the Westboro Baptist Church is to Homosexuals.

Thanks for the compliment by the way, And please know this, I am willing to attack myself just as viciously as this site, and the WBC attack their chosen rivals, if it will get a laugh from someone. If they are laughing at me, they're not thinking about denying someone, somewhere, their rights for a few seconds. Who knows, it might just stick permenantly one day.

1. profile image0
          just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. You are probably right on the long run. I get too caught up in the short run some times.

2. lady_love158 profile image59
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sadly, liberals actually believe home schooling should be against the law... libs need institutional schooling to brain wash future voters into voting their freedom away.

I didn't really expect you to have a sense of humor, lol. The problem with home schooling in my opinion is the quality of the programs available to parents. If you aren't interested in a purely religious based education for your kids, there's not very mush available. If you can do with out an accurate, fact based telling of our countries history and really don't need a whole lot of scientific non-sense cluttering up your beliefs, Well then step right up and the Wallbuilders organization will erect a wall between your child and reality in two shakes of a lamb's tail. Where do you get such nonsense about liberals being the one's voting their rights away, I was under the impression that it was the Conservative Evangelical Dubya that introduced the level of freedoms we were to lose with the Patriot Act. One of the freedoms we do seek to curtail is the perceived freedom corporations enjoy that allows them to kill their customers in the name of increased profits. Keep on deregulating corporations and they'll keep on killing Americans for profit as they freely do now.You personally are concerned with the healthcare industry's right to bankrupt any American family it chooses to in order to protect your job, correct. We have the most expensive health care in the world and we get some of the crappiest treatment and care in the world. The only thing you people know is pushing more and more pills onto younger and younger children. How soon will you be able to sell anti-depressants to infants or do you already have a supply of samples to pass out. I know it's your right to get children addicted to pills as young as you can, is it? From the scatter brained commenst you leave I cant help but wonder if kids aren't the only ones addicted to your pills.

1. lady_love158 profile image59
          lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh I thought you original post was quite funny! However your reply to me was even more hilarious!! LOL
          You libs sure have crazy ideas! Obama voted for the Patriot Act as senator and extended it as President... he defies federal court orders and does whatever he wants without regard for public opinion.

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Holey Moley, Stump! Where did you find that website?
    It's an absolute hoot!
    Did you take any of the fun quizzes?
    Did you read any of the sermons? I read one about "Do Demons Live In Your Colon?"
    This is some funny satirical writing!

I love The Landover site, I have been able to get people mad at this church, lol. Read some of the actual emails they get from people. It's updated monthly and you would believe the number of christians who don't know it's satire. Check out Betty Bower's video collection. Their monthy email is a great reminder to check back with them. Pastor Deacon Fred Rocks.

3. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

LOL@ letter big_smile

Pastor Deacon Fred is A man on a mission from god, no doubt. :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)