Purpose of man’s life

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

It is obvious that man is not in a position to
    appoint the purpose of his own life, for he does not
    come into the world of his own accord, nor will he
    depart therefrom of his own will. He is a creature and
    the One Who created him and invested him with
    better and higher faculties than those of all other
    animals, has also appointed a purpose for his life.

165/200
    http://www.alislam.org/library/books/Ph … -Islam.pdf

1. pay2cEM profile image81
      pay2cEMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't follow your logic (possibly because I couldn't locate it). Where is the rule stating that one cannot determine the purpose of their own life unless they come into the world of their own accord?

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is not a target set by one individual personally; it is the purpose of whole mankind.

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This would cause irresponsibility of one's life. Those who allow their purpose in life, to be dictated, in any manner is being irresponsible to oneself. sad

1. profile image51

If one understands one's purpose of life; then one would live it with more responsibility.

You are wrong

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If one understands one's purpose in life, one has no time for silly religious beliefs. smile

1. profile image51

That is your wrong perception; you may have any number of wrong concepts you like; never mind.

2. Cagsil profile image70

One creates one's own purpose. It isn't dictated to them. Goes to show how much you lack in knowledge.

1. profile image51

Wrong again; man was were born of himself; he could have the disrection to set his purpose. Since he has been  created here by the Creator-God; so he has set the purpose of man's life.

I disagree with you

1. Cagsil profile image70

Purpose is a decision to be made. It comes from having free will and free choice from thoughts made. Therefore, it cannot be dictated.

1. profile image51

There is no dictation; the purpose is already defined by the creator and it is as good as a purpose could be; if one fulfills it; it is appreciated; if one doesn't fulfill it one's deeds get wasted, obviously.

The blame is on the person not on the Creator.

3. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The purpose of man is to understand himself, god and death.
      To go home to the Light on death.

1. profile image51
  2. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Apparently you believe it is to spam the forums flogging your religion. lol

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
      DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Except why do I feel like we're the ones being flogged?

Good point. If we removed these thinly disguised hate threads the religious forums would close due to a lack of interest by others.

"Closed due to lack of interest"...it has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

1. psycheskinner profile image82
            psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We can but dream.

2. earnestshub profile image81

It certainly has. I for one would have no reason to visit, which would please a few people at least. smile

2. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

True, earnest, but then what would the likes of the "Borg Knowles" et al do? Write hubs on how much they miss the R&B forums... lol

In the esteemed words of Howard Dietz: That's Entertainment ~ The Band Wagon (circa 1952).

James.

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol
      P

3. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 12 years ago

One didn't create me, two did smile

1. profile image51

You were born to them; they never created anything

1. pay2cEM profile image81
        pay2cEMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps if you spent as much time with a 5th grade biology textbook as you do with the Qu'ran, you'd realize how ignorant that statement is. : )

1. Mikeydoes profile image43
          Mikeydoesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So. I wasn't here and then I was.

That makes much more sense then my parents making me. I was so stupid to think my parents were actually my parents.

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You sure were!  All they did was supply some of their own genetic material, protect and nurture you while developing a body, teach you and care for you until able to do so yourself. 

No way could they actually be your parents.  No way could they have created you in their image, from their genes.  God dun it! lol

2. DIYweddingplanner profile image76

Won't your mom be surprised?

1. Mikeydoes profile image43

Man is she going to kick my ass.

4. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 12 years ago

Bottom line, the purpose of man is to procreate and then die.  Nature's law.

Well, job half done then! lol

Making progress! smile

I'll say! lol lol lol

5. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 12 years ago

Life is endless. You are just a continuation of your parents who happened to be a continuation of your grandparents, and so on and so forth.

The biggest mistake you can do to yourself is to refuse to give birth. Celebrate your life every day until such a time that your offspring will takeover.

1. profile image51

That is why it should have a purpose; the people of doubt don't realize

I wonder how many people have noticed your propensity for fixation?

2. Mikeydoes profile image43

I am glad you have a religion that you know and love. But where do you get off? Why can't you just let us be? I don't doubt your religion at all, in fact I support it, as long as you stop telling me what to do. Because I obviously don't tell you what to do.

The brain is a very powerful tool. You only have a set amount of time on this earth. With that being said if time is limited, very limited, it is clear that people should occupy their brains with things they love. This means that the things I spend my time on are and should be up to me! Not Paarsurrey. Whether you want to believe it or not, you have burned your religion in to your brain. And the way you feel about religion is the same way I feel about learning about the universe and biology. It is much more intriguing and fits me much better.

1. profile image51

One is free to learn whatever one wants about univese and biology; I never stopped one.

Since one is here for a discussion; I only experess whatever I sincerely believe to be true for a friendly discussion.

Absolutely no compulsion.

Have a nice day

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)