I do not want, my hub, futile

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)
  1. ishadi profile image62
    ishadiposted 12 years ago

I was 6 weeks following HubPages. I'm from Indonesia (Asia). When I tried to join AdSense, message appears "Your HubPages profile is less than 6 months old. Google requires applicants from some locations, including China and India, to have owned their site for at least 6 months". So far, I have not joined the Amazon, ebay. 6 months, a very long time. I just think, if I wait, there will be a result or futile ????? Do I have to continue to spend time, thought, energy, for my Hub??

Thank you for suggesting

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow! for the first time Google has given a specific answer ..yes it is true that people from Asia have to wait for six months to be accepted. You can become a Amazon affiliate.
      Yes 6 months does look like a very long time, but that is what it takes to get your hubs to earn, so don't worry keep writing and as your hubs mature they will start producing as soon as you get an Adsense account smile  Best wishes to you smile

1. ishadi profile image62
        ishadiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for suggesting. I am very worried, 6 months of my time, wasted.

Thank you very much.

1. Freya Cesare profile image78
          Freya Cesareposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Salam, Ishadi. Nice to meet you. I am Indonesian too. ^^

No, everything you work for the last 6 months never wasted. You see, not like paper magazine, here in internet world, everything we work for, as long as it is still published, the site still existed and people still looking for it, your work will stay no matter how long it already there. It might be not able to giving you adsense income yet, but you still able to get some from Hub Pages, right? And after your Adsense finally accepted, you already have many works as your weapon here and all you need to do is promoting it! cool

Have fun writing
          Freya

2. Yassop profile image61
    Yassopposted 12 years ago

I waited for 2 weeks before writing them an email about my adsense appalication and got it after two working days from my sent email. Try dropping them a mail and see if they will reply to it or not.

3. ishadi profile image62
    ishadiposted 12 years ago

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try.
    I really appreciate your advice.
    Thank you.

1. Yassop profile image61
      Yassopposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No problem, glad I could help.

4. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

Don't bother trying to get it before the six month time limit - it's doubtful you will.

But don't stress - most people don't make more than a few dollars in their first six months anyway.

During those six months you can work on getting all your content ready and when you apply you'll get to see a few dollars every day instead of a few dollars every month, like members who get Adsense accounts immediately.

Most hubs take 6-9 months to properly 'mature' and start seeing good traffic anyway.

You can apply straight away for Amazon too - writing "product" related hubs instead of "information" hubs will help you earn from them. Don't bother with eBay unless you own your own site.

1. Freya Cesare profile image78
      Freya Cesareposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I got 73 $ for 19 months at Hub Pages and non from Amazon. How great is that? lollollol

5. wheelinallover profile image76
    wheelinalloverposted 12 years ago

There are very few hubs which get the search engine traffic required to earn money quickly.

As someone said in another reply the hubs have to mature. If you need money quickly it would be better to look for another source.

Many of the people here take money secondary to publishing their work. Most internet businesses of which hub pages is one (your hubs are your personal business) take time to get noticed.

I do know one thing adsense will look at is numbers, if you can get enough people from search engines reading your work you can apply early and chances are you will get adsense early.

I can't give you a number but my guess is it would have to be in the thousands. Please understand these hits have to be from outside hubpages, they can be from any other source.

I am personally getting hits from 3 search engines, they are also coming in from emails I have sent and from three social networks. You will learn in time to use every possible source of readers to your advantage.

6. ranaraza1992 profile image61
    ranaraza1992posted 12 years ago

so i am new commer i  willget charge of thie wait also ??

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you should work on your spelling and grammar first - Adsense won't approve you unless you  have quality work!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You will also have to write longer hubs. One paragraph is not enough.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think he has accidentally written the hub summary in the text capsule!

7. EuroCafeAuLait profile image79
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 12 years ago

Keep writing and reading other hubs.  By practicing, your English will improve.  Don't worry about the six months' waiting period.  I too have to wait (here in Croatia has the same wait period) because that will give you time to practice, improve, and then launch your site.  All in good time, my friend.  But don't quit - that would be a mistake.

8. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Hehe, nice to see you back Izzy, I was away on vacation, where have you been the last few days? I ended up handing over the domain to that guy after, I don't think it was worth hanging onto much longer and I spent the $25 he gave me buying a new domain which is up and running with a forum. He was giving Ryan stress as well for helping me!

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Glad you got it sorted Richie, sometimes things are not worth fighting over.

I've been at my pal's house for a few days, still online but not writing much.

I see you had a holiday romance in Thailand, was it?

1. Richieb799 profile image74
        Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, she was wonderful..so many memories, I'll try and go back to see her if I get the money. We did so many tours to great places

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)