Do you believe Bigfoot is real?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (26 posts)
  1. cooldad profile image60
    cooldadposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5476575_f248.jpg
    If Bigfoot were real, wouldn't we have found some bones, some hair, some DNA, some Bigfoot poop or some real video evidence to support it?  I watched the show Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet and laughed my arse off.  It was total comedy watching adults trying to "call" Bigfoot in the middle of the forest at night.  Total comedy.

I want to believe, but I just can't. 
    What are your thoughts?

1. Cogerson profile image79
      Cogersonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I used to when I was younger...but I do believe anymore.

2. TJenkins602 profile image60
      TJenkins602posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Anything is possible. I believe in the possibility of Bigfoot in one of the other billions of planets in the universe maybe.

Perhaps we might find the spaghetti monster in one of our neighbor galaxies.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't go too far out into outer space looking for the big footed Sasquatch. We human do not even know most of what going on this 1% earth mass that runs 6 km deep. Even police can only find a bucket of cannabis in the sea of green pot and it’s illegal in every country in the world.

Maybe the Sasquatches are master at hiding and human are very very stupid at trying to find them. Look how long it took them to find Osama bin Laden ( if they have really found him) They described him as 6 feet 6 inches tall and I might have seen him at the post office in Belize a few years back.

2. writersden profile image60
    writersdenposted 12 years ago

smile Really funny photo

3. profile image49
    robertm12posted 12 years ago

I know for a fact that Bigfoot is real. I've seen Bigfoot several times at monster truck rallies. He's a big Ford truck and can smash junk yard cars.

cooldadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ha, very funny, good one.

4. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

Theres alot out there that we'll never see so its possible! Also if theres only a few around and they cover lots of ground in a short time we may never find them. If you wanted to go of the grid wouldnt it be hard for people to find you! Or if you knew you had to keep yourself hidden to survive wouldnt you do so?

Yeah, but at least maybe a bone would surface somewhere.  But then again, Bigfoots or Bigfeet (not sure how they pluralize themselves), may be masters of postmortem bone destruction.  I guess that's plausible.

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Considering not every inch of Earth has been scoured with a fine tooth comb, then I would say that the possibility exists. However, I hold no belief either way. I just understand that the possibility exists. wink

6. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

http://skyko.org/bigfoot.jpg

maybe he is real...and maybe he is a Hubber that we have been talking to all along!?

I found this avatar in my followers group...very suspicious!

7. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

Considering that Bigfoot is depicted as a tall, upright ape I would say it's quite possible. Such a creature certainly fits into our Earthly framework of evolution. Having not found one yet that proves its existence shouldn't be too surprising though. We didn't know what gorillas were until about 1900. Until then we only knew of Congolese tribesmen talking about the ferocious beast man who stalks the jungle. And considering such a creature would live very remote from human civilization, I definitely think the existence of Bigfoot is possible or even plausible.

Yeah, but if the BFRO can't find them with "scientists" named Moneymaker and Bobo Fey, who would ever be able to find them?  I fear there is no hope.

8. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

The thing about Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster etc being real-if they are  then someone  will hunt and kill them to put up on their wall to show the world how  big a man whey are.

9. jonte2020 profile image60
    jonte2020posted 12 years ago

People always want to believe on the extraordinary. That's why ghosts, loch ness, bigfoot etc. are such big topics even in our modernized world.

If you look at the facts, there is a huge possibility that there are some strange, mutated gorillaz or monkeys out there that can be called "bigfoots". But a creature that seems to have been made up for storytelling; probably is just that and nothing more.

10. profile image56
    Todd D. Schmidtposted 12 years ago

Wow,It sounds interesting. Anything is possible!

Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, is an ape-like cryptid that purportedly inhabits forests, mainly in the Pacific Northwest region of North America and I live in the thick of it in BC.

I have a friend who has written many leading books about sasquatch and travels all around the world checking out evident of those sasquatch sighting. He has collected 1000s of footprints yet still no physical body has been found.

He always corrects me when I say Bigfoot, its Sasquatch. By now, I think it's as much possible and has not been disproven any more or less than the topic of God or life on other planets.

1. Fullerman5000 profile image57
        Fullerman5000posted 12 years agoin reply to this

After seeing the movie Harry and the Hendersons, I always wanted a big foot. But, I think that it is all a myth.

Aaahhh!!! I wanted one too!

Maybe the real one's could eat your face off, if you did not know how to handle him or her..

2. cooldad profile image60

@castlepaloma: your friend has yet to find any physical evidence?  what does he write about in his books, the "footprints"?  This has always confused me about the search for Bigfoot, no one has ever found any physical evidence.  Maybe we should hire David Caruso from CSI Miami, he seems to solve every crime within an hour.

This Man is age 90 and has achieved many great things in his lifetime, and he is honest as the days are long.  Most people think his Sasquatch search is just too crazy for him, Yet I think heard too many real life like stories from him about the Sasquatch and from so many other people too to doubt it that much.

I'm not discounting the man.  I'm just curious, what has he found, other than footprints, that makes him believe it's real?

One story he told me was about a village in Russia where the entire village had seen this 4'5'' sasquatch being fed by an old lady and for many years.  I wonder why a hunter did not bag the sasquatch or kill such a creature for living room mantel.

He got dozens of wild stories like that one and there worldwide. I have not caught him bs-ing about anything yet and I have worked with him on other huge projects with him.

11. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

cooldad-you might want to read a recent  hub by Patty Inglish that looks at  whether the legend of Bigfoot started from the Squamish  Natives who were seven feet tall and had lots of body hair. I can't remember the URL, but if you go to her profile and put in "Bigfoot" in the search engine, it will come up.

12. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I'm keeping an open mind. The Patterson film is the most compelling evidence I've seen. I've read a lot of scientific analyses of the film and have watched it numerous times. The obvious working muscles seem impossible to fake. Some of the footprints that have dermal ridges would be hard to fake, too.

13. profile image0
    Holmes221bposted 12 years ago

It wouldn't be possible for such an animal to hide themselves so completely.  None of the other primates in the world do.  So why would this particular creature be so elusive?  I think such creatures are created because of man's need for mystery.  Even if such a creature were discovered, this would result in the loss of a good mystery, so much better for the believers, that he is not found.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)