What has been the lowest way someone broke up with you or you broke up with them

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (25 posts)
  1. lockgirl profile image61
    lockgirlposted 12 years ago

Everyone has broken up with someone at least once in there life. Did you break up with them or did they break up with you? How was it done?

1. princess g profile image60
      princess gposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I broke up with my last boyfriend in a text

1. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope is was a nice text! smile

2. Jonathan Janco profile image60
        Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wicked cold!
        lol
        About eight yrs ago a gf I had for about four months decided to be particularly elaborate. She was too much of a coward to say her mom basically forced her to break up with me, so she started a fake fight with me in order to have an excuse to 'uninvite' to her mom's birthday party and then monopolized my lunch hour the next day just to get the point across that it was all my fault. Then, she went back to college and dumped me over the phone a week later.

2. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

a lovely phone call....roll   sarcasm

2. lockgirl profile image61
    lockgirlposted 12 years ago

I got the I don't love you anymore text from my husband. He still to this day cannot face me. If there is anything that needs to be given to either of us from each other he has his son do the deliveries. He won't even talk to me on the phone, he will only do it in either IM or email.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...ouch...that's harsh...

peace...

lockgirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes it was, he had been lying to me for months about his "working late". He worked over an hour away and yes he did work after hours for a time until his paychecks weren't showing the after hour pay. He would even say he was staying over at a coworkers place so he didn't drive home so late. About a month into that he moved his "girlfriend" out of her house (which was a mile from mine) to a place 15 minutes from his job ( he worked with her husband) a few days later he moved in with her.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...what a blow...terrible...terrible...

...hope you find or have found peace...

What made it worse was my father died two weeks later and I had no one to help me.
            I am now with a wonderful loving caring man .

1. xkamronx profile image60
              xkamronxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's what I like to hear! A happy ending; dropped the zero and got with the hero!  =]

3. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

I began seeing someone regularly after knowing him a few months as a friendly acquaintance. I was the Asst Manager at the apartment complex where he lived. We were 'going steady'for about 6 weeks or so. Finally let my guard down and began to feel "maybe it's okay to let myself care more than usual".  His Mom was in an accident. He went to help take care of her one weekend. Called when he got back wanting to see me. I went to his apt.  He admitted he'd missed me, I admitted the same & the evening was very comfortable. All was good, he said "I'd love for you to meet Mom".  So we spent that evening together, had lunch the next day & all was well.

He was super busy at work the next few days working on a project for a campaign. He didn't call. I assumed it was due to the campaign. Left message after work, no return call. Called at work & he finally returned the call. Said he was 'covered up'& didn't think he'd be able to go on the canoe trip this next weekend. I didn't hear from him all weekend. Had a bad feeling. He wasn't at work. He'd left the complex at about 7pm that Saturday, someone told me. That Monday morning, I knew something was up cause he always either called or came by the office.

Another tenant came into my office. He said "Hey, this girl I work with started seeing someone who works here. He answered her personal ad. Do you know him? He lives in #2061...."  My eyes widened, hit me like a ton of bricks.  I said "What, that's who I'm seeing!!"  Hit me hard. He said he'd answered her personal ad and had been seeing him about a week. She told him it was going really well between them.   I can't tell you the betrayal and sadness that overcame me.

So I called him at work, asked him to come by the office after work cause I wanted to talk to him. He came by & I confronted him. He admitted it & said "I could see how things were headed & I didn't want there to be a catastrophe".  even said he still wanted to see me. I wanted answers. He finally couldn't handle my questions & said "what do you want me to say, Baby baby come back, I love you..cause I'm not!"  He had to leave, so I suggested he call me later to discuss it.  Of course, he never called.  So I wrote a long goodbye letter, letting him know exactly how he'd made me feel, & taped it to his apt. door the next day.

It was terrible.  He gave his notice he was moving a few weeks later. Found out he moved in with the girl from the personal ads, but she later kicked him out on New Yrs Eve.  Then he got married to someone else 5 months later after having a serious heart attack.  Really took me a long, long time to get over this complete "crap in the face" rejection.  In fact, I'd had so much rejection the last year, I finally caved in from it all...just too sensitive to deal with it. Got on antidepressants finally, then counseling to help figure out why I kept attracting people who abandon.

I never got over this incident, & that was 16 yrs ago. But to this day I've learned that people do what is important to them at the time. Was all for the best. Haven't run into him in years, but would welcome the chance to say "Hi, how have you been doing? It's really good to see you again."  Seriously.

4. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 12 years ago

My last love broke up with me a few days before Christmas in a phone call. Of course all Christmas plans changed. The cut off was immediate and no other explanations. I needed closure, but didn't get it with no return of phone calls, etc. Finally 10 months later, I found out they were with another person the whole two years I thought they were with me. It was cowardice at its' best/worst.

1. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's horrible....hope you're going on with your life now.  It's hard when you don't get closure. I felt the same way.  I actually wrote a hub about it!

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It took two years to get myself back together again, but I'm perfectly well and glad they are out of my life and haven't been spotted or seen by me or anyone I know.

5. RecoverToday profile image83
    RecoverTodayposted 12 years ago

It certainly makes a difference on how a person feels afterward.

6. ubanichijioke profile image76
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

The person just disappeared from my life. Didn't bothered to look for her anyway cos she could win an oscar for lying

7. xkamronx profile image60
    xkamronxposted 12 years ago

I broke up with a girl a few years back by putting a post-it note on her door =/. She had no cell phone and other medium of communication besides face to face, and I was done with her cheating, so.. post-it!

8. profile image0
    janikonposted 12 years ago

After a mildly humorous minor emotional meltdown, something I'm sure will be written about one day, I broke up with my boyfriend via a two line email reading: 'Hey, I cannot date you anymore - I suck. Draw upon your inner Carly Simon and trash me in a song, make millions, I give you full permission'

9. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years ago

I wrote a guy a Dear John once and went off to Vegas and married my husband.  I felt bad for RJ he had no idea.

nice

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
        IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I still feel bad.  All well.  Whats done is done and I am much happier now.

10. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

5yrs ago

boyfriend who lived two states away asks me to come see him.

He told me he didn't love me in my hotel room and left.

I was devestated, at first but then mad that he made me drive all that way, but it was for the best.

He was too much of a mommas boy did everything she told him. And liked hanging out with his friends way too much.

I got over it and now have a wonderful husband.

Jerk I feel sorry for whoever ends up with him.

11. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years ago

Ouch!  I think I would have tried asking for gas money.smile

12. iviskei profile image70
    iviskeiposted 12 years ago

I broke up with my boyfriend over the phone while he was out of town on valentines day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)