The LDS church believes that Jesus was born in Jerusalem

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (40 posts)
  1. profile image52
    passingthewordposted 12 years ago

Alma 7:10 And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.

The Bible teaches use that Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
    Matt2: 1Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

matt 2:4-5 4And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.

5And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
    Also
    You see how The LDS church contradicts what the bible says.

1. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Weak claim, do some more homework. Go find some more anti-Mormon crud.

http://en.fairmormon.org/Book_of_Mormon … _Bethlehem

1. profile image52
        passingthewordposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hellllo Onusonus. it's funny when mormons use that anti. I am sure you are using it in the same way as anti that is in anti-christ. Well if you don't know that the anti means instead of. So Anti-christ means instead of christ. So are you calling me Instead of mormon? And is everyone that is not mormon an anti-mormon? or just an abomination to God Just like Joseph Smith said in the Book of Mormon?
        Onusonus you are going to die letting people clean up Joseph's foul ups and believing what ever they say. That's what they did at Jim Joans’ town and in Waco Texas. You say it’s a weak claim i call it sad. That Joseph Smith got what we all learned as a child wrong. This is the guy that invented your       religion, “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints."

1. profile image0

Read the article if you want to get a little understanding. But that's probably not what you want to do though.

1. profile image52

why do you think that? I read the article. I just see what i have seen my whole life. people making excuses for the mistake that Joseph smith made when he wrote the book of Mormon.
            If i were to tell you that i was born at salt lake hospital in salt lake, would you think i was born In salt lake or Provo?

2. recommend1 profile image59
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The whole story was written after the supposed event and most of it is clearly fiction - having said that, any true, or real, christian is interested and lives by the spirit and idea that the possible christ figure embodies.  To criticise a section of christianity for having minor differences is pure nastiness - and especially the LDS, who are more christian than most.

1. profile image52

why do you think that they are more christian then most? I grew up Mormon I now attend BYU. Why do you think that. I was a missionary for two years and i was told to lie to people. I knew that the church believed that blacks came from the seed of Satan. but i was told by the LDS Church to lie. I was tought that when people asked me that if that was true to tell them that that is not true or i am not aware of that or that God changed his mind. What ever it took to manipulate that person, yes manipulate. I have to tell you religious people killed Jesus and thought that they knew the truth. I believe what the bible say 100%. and you would to if you sat down with a KJV and took word that sound confusing back to it's original meaning (the Hebrew, Aramaic or the Greek)  the bible is true and is all we need.

2. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not a Mormon, but I agree.

3. KeithTax profile image72
      KeithTaxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They are talking about a different Jesus.

4. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So what? The bible contradicts itself, it doesn't need any help with contradiction.

1. profile image52

can you share the contradictions and where it is written?

1. earnestshub profile image81

Sure I can, and have many times in the past, but it won't convince you even if god told you himself. smile
          How much of it would you like? The bible is full of contradictions, which is why you and other religionists can't agree on who is right.

1. profile image52

can't agree with the lds because they have a whole new bible new covenant new beliefs.

You all have in a sense.

Religionists disagreeing is a constant, but this is more like you hate this particular religious sect, whereas I don't believe a word of any of them.

1. JamaGenee profile image77
                JamaGeneeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There does seem to be more than a tad bit of bias toward one particular religion in passingtheword's postings. cool

1. profile image0

I think the word "obsession" is appropriate. The dude posts on my religious hubs three times a day.

1. profile image52

The people need to know that what you are sharing is not from the true word of God. almost everything you share was made up by Joseph Smith and changed little by little by you president of the years. You share lies just like satan what's to happen.

2. JamaGenee profile image77
                    JamaGeneeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you're right about it being an "obsession" which smacks of plain ol' bigotry, not "Christian" tolerance of the beliefs of others. cool

2. earnestshub profile image81

Yes, just a tad. smile

2. profile image52

I grew up Mormon and i just want to share how they brain wash there people and change things there scriptures to benefit them.  As a missionary i was told to hide the true manipulate people to make the believe what the lds faith believe. I was not told to lie by just a no body. I was told to lie by the authorities of the church. ask any one that was a missionary and if they tell you the truth they would tell you the same. I go to BYU and we are all in the same boat. I have lied to benifet the LDS church my family and even me. But know i am awake no more lies It time for me to give back

So you are going to dump religion and become your own person? smile

1. profile image52

Jesus was not part of any religion. thats what i am. I see that you don't believe in Jesus but that's ok. but don't judge Jesus on peoples misinterpretation of the bible. us humans are the worst things to Christianity. You see what the lds church has done to the bible. for example the bible saids there will be no marriage in heaven but the LDS faith saids, there will be no marriage in heaven UNLESS you are sealed and practice polygamy etc.  I am almost 20 years old and my whole life i have been brain washed.  now i i am going to spread the truth of what i have been through.
                    And onusonus sounds just like all those that lied to me all my life. don't let his false words taint the true word of God. He has got it all twisted. I call The LDS church the situation church. Because depending on the situation they will change their words to fit the situation. Jesus died because he did not conform to the situation.

5. Titen-Sxull profile image72
      Titen-Sxullposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Bible contradicts itself, one account of Christ's birth says they fled to Egypt (Matthew) while the other has Mary, Joseph and the child going to Nazareth soon after the birth with no issue at all (Luke).

So you see that the Bible contradicts itself lol

1. profile image52

how long was Mary, Joseph and Jesus living in that house when the 3 wise men showed up (MATT 2:11)? I don't know. But Herod said in Matt 2:16 that he killed all the children under the age of 2 because  he saids " according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men. So they could have lived their up to 2 years.
        So sometime with in these 2 years they went to Egypt. so it says they stayed in Egypt till Herod died 1 to 2 years later. 
        matt 2:19-23 talks about herod's death and the families return to Nazareth.
        just like Luke saids in 2:39 they returned to  their own city Nazareth.
        I don't know way Luke hoped around but if you read chapter 2 he starts at jesus being a new born then young boy then the child grew then the 12 year old boy in the temple then Jesus increased in wisdom and stature.

2. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

The LDS church believes that Jesus was born in Jerusalem

What difference it makes whether Jesus was born in Bethlehem or in Jerusalem?
    Bible is not corrrect on many things.

1. profile image49
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If Jesus would have been born in India; even then it would have not diminished his status of being a human and a messenger prophet of the Creator God.

2. profile image52

like what?

1. profile image49

Jesus died in Kashmir, India; but Bible fails to report it or to hint about it in clear terms.

1. profile image52

where did you get that?

1. profile image49
            1. A Troubled Man profile image59
              A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Once again, you spam the forums with those links, yet contained in those links is information that DOES NOT AGREE WITH YOU. Yet, you have made no attempt to remedy that flaw and continue to provide those links. How very dishonest of you and most certainly very anti-Muslim behavior.

1. profile image52

paarsurrey i think you are talking about  Jesus  Ortiz- Hernadez (pronounced Hesus In Spanish) lol. But Jesus died on the cross and 3 days later rose from the dead.

3. Disappearinghead profile image59
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

The LDS also believe in golden plates inscribed with a funny language, magic spectacles, and special garnments. Go figure.

1. recommend1 profile image59
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just like the Catholics then.

And as there was no such place as Bethlehem until around 100 years after the supposed time of christ - at least the LDC have him in a place that existed.

2. profile image52

and much. LOL

4. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Why would it matter where the myth started?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)