Wrong affiliate code - help please

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Tams R profile image83
    Tams Rposted 12 years ago

My affiliate code on Adsense ads is incorrect on my pages, but correct in the Earnings section. It may help to know, when I originally applied for Adsense on HP, I got declined. I then reapplied and got approved. Now the CA-PUB code that shows up when you hover over google ads on my page is not my own. I don't know how to fix it and I have emailed HP but so far no luck.  I haven't clicked on any of my own ads but I did right click and copy link to take a look at it and it's definitely not mine. Please and thank you. Does anyone have advice for me?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It may be HP's code, as don't forget that 40% of the time their code will be shown, the other 60% of the time it will be yours. Check again tomorrow as this will most likely be the correct explanation.

Tams Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Misty,
        Thanks for your reply. I originally thought the same thing. But, this has been 2 days now and every time I check it's not mine. I just want to make sure I don't wait 2 months to find out, I needed to correct this now.

Perhaps you are just picking the wrong times to check. It still sounds like you are getting the HP code, and the times this is shown are also random, even though it is always 40% of the time. If you are still seeing any kinds of earnings on your account, then clearly your code is being shown at some point in time. I am sure HP will email you back and confirm this, and someone may even post the HP code here to confirm it is the same as you have been seeing when you have checked.

Just checked, and right now the code showing is not mine, and is no doubt HP's, which begins 69587555..... (not sure if it is allowed to post the full code. Is this the code you are seeing when you check?

That must be what it is then. I've seen the same code. Thanks for the clarification. Phew! Thought I was going to have to go on another long mission to figure something else out with this Adsense thing.

Sounds all good then. Don't worry, I earn well from this site, so the code is not going to be a problem for you smile

2. WryLilt profile image89
          WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tams, what are the last 3 digits of your correct Adsense code?

Pretty sure we got it figured out WryLilt. Thank you. Can you please tell me what the last 3 digits will tell someone?

1. WryLilt profile image89

I was going to say I can do lots of refreshes and find out what code is being displayed. smile

hmmm i may try that. but if one person is seeing the same code as me and has earned something im not too concerned. it's just that i have barely gotten started in this program and needed to make sure it was working and i dont dare ask someone to do something to ensure that. so.....i figured it best to ask here. Thank you!

1. WryLilt profile image89

smile Were you viewing the source code to check? Good luck

At first I simply hovered over the link and the one I hovered over showed me a code like the one Misty showed. Thats when I copied the link without clicking it (on my mouse right clicking as you would to copy and paste) and took a look at it. But, I'm happy to report it must be working fine. At the point I asked the question, I hadn't had any clicks. Not that I expect any in the first 2 days having it up, but as of a few moments ago I got clicks so I assume it's just fine.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)