Primary Votes Counted Behind Closed Doors

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

http://www.revolutionpac.com/2012/02/ne … lls-fishy/

The primary/caucus votes that you make in your state are counted behind closed doors by the party's officials.

If this happened in any other country, we'd mock them for obvious voter fraud.

But this is happening in YOUR country. In YOUR state. In YOUR county.

1. Quilligrapher profile image74
      Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello Evan.
      Thanks for this interesting article from a web site with a declared objective:
      “The SuperPAC is dedicated to the single goal of getting Ron Paul elected.” 

Out of respect for you and your candidate, I followed your link, read the article, and this is what I learned:
      The entire article is unsupported innuendo. In summary, it says nothing more than  "This smells fishy." Furthermore, the intellectual writing this article thinks, "Maybe the UN should monitor our primaries and elections like they do in third world countries."

Did you notice that this article did not make one supported accusation of vote tampering? Did you notice that not one Republican in the race agrees publically with this absurd notion? Did you also notice that state party officials are permitted to count their primary/caucus votes behind closed doors? Do you really buy into these empty arguments just because they come from Ron Paul’s supporters?

There is no doubt in my mind that this kind of illogical rhetoric resonates with many on the fringe. Never the less, the manner in which state political organizations select and empower delegates to their national conventions is a party issue. This is hardly a matter for the UN. Who counts and where is determined by the party.

Then you pick up on the baseless exaggerations in the article and carry them to an extreme by claiming this would be mocked as “obvious voter fraud” in another country. If this were not obvious fraud here, why would it be obvious fraud elsewhere? This seems like an abuse of logic and the English language to me!

Oh! In addition, thanks for, “But this is happening in YOUR country. In YOUR state. In YOUR county.” What is happening in MY party, in MY State, or in MY County, is MY concern, so there is no need for you worry.

Thanks again, Evan, for posting this link. It is amazing how far some people will go to fill WebPages?

Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If vote tallies are being counted behind closed doors, then they're being counted behind closed doors.

I didn't comment on anything other than this statement.

1. Quilligrapher profile image74
          Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Evan, you did comment beyond that statement. You compared it to “obvious voter fraud.”

The act of counting votes behind closed doors is obvious voter fraud. Yes.

And it seems that there is evidence that this has been going on.

IN every state so far, Ron Paul has doubled to tripled his vote numbers from 4 years ago.

In Nevada, he received the same number of votes.

Anyway, it's pointless to continue because I know that "America would never have voter fraud" -- ESPECIALLY against someone who terrifies the status quo.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
              Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not "voter" fraud. It's fraud on the part of dishonest election officials.

They are defrauding the voters... isn't that, like, the definition of voter fraud? Or did I get that backwards?

I can't find a definition of it, I thought that it was when fraud screws over the voters.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Um, it is an internal party function, so of course it is done by party personnel inside a building. If anything is a miss the members need to take it up with the party, not expect the general public to sort it out for them.  For a start, find out what anti-fraud procedures are already in place. I bet you can't even tell me that.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very true, Evan. The ballot counting in Iowa and Maine was really screwed up, more like in a communist country or African dictatorship, apparently. However, it's inaccurate to call what happened in Maine voter fraud as if people who were ineligible to vote voted. Rather, if there was fraud it was on the part of the GOP officials who were counting the votes. Apparently they were Romney supporters. Voting by ineligible voters is not significant for one reason--there is no financial incentive for them to vote, in contrast to the banking and securities industry where fraud is quite common. Rather, the real problem is the fact that many citizens who are eligible to vote don't bother to do so. That's why GOP voter suppression efforts are exactly the wrong thing needed in our democracy.

I can dig it: I thought voter fraud meant that the voters were defrauded.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4126/4845676054_e1c97d2b28_z.jpg

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think Bambi can Take him!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
        Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't really matter.  Each time Bambi gets stomped he merely redefines the rules of victory, as in: getting the fewest votes is the way to win the election...

3. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 12 years ago

Mmm . . . now who was it who said "It matters not how the votes are cast. What matters is how the votes are counted" . .

4. Evan G Rogers profile image60

Some evidence:

In every state Paul's vote totals doubled, tripled, or even quintupled when compared to 2008....

... except Colorado.... where it stayed EXACTLY THE SAME, despite a large amount of spending in the state.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/02/06/r … of-voting/

5. Evan G Rogers profile image60

More evidence of rampant Voter Fraud in our elections:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … qsyzTrWS0g

All of it is anti-Paul.

In ANY other country, we would say "this is obviously voter fraud". However "we the saints of democracy" could NEVER have voter fraud!... right?

6. Evan G Rogers profile image60

More evidence that your democracy is a sham:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pngwcQQW … ata_player

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)