Everyone can upload Videos to HubPages now!

Jump to Last Post 51-60 of 60 discussions (173 posts)
  1. travel_man1971 profile image63
    travel_man1971posted 12 years ago

I uploaded two video clips already on my hub, Basic Food Safety for Food Handlers. I haven't added any subtitles, just the raw video.

2. darrensurrey profile image61
    darrensurreyposted 12 years ago

Can I ask a noob question (what with me being a noob)...

With regard to uploaded videos, are these similar in concept to YouTube ie you can just put a short description or must there be full written content to go with it?

I ask this because I come from YouTubeLand whereby you can just upload a video with a brief description because the information is within the video.

Thanks in advance.

-Darren

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Darren,

With HubPages Videos, you must include at least 200 words of unique, relevant text to accompany your Video. In this way, they are a bit different from YouTube videos.

1. darrensurrey profile image61
        darrensurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reply. That sounds fine.

3. Londonlady profile image89
    Londonladyposted 12 years ago

I uploaded a video in one of the accepted formats. It's 1 minute 30 seconds and about 11mb. 3 days later...it still has not processed. I really find this new feature annoying and buggy. It also sucks that you can't delete the capsule. But on average, how long should it take for a video to process?

1. Anurag2008 profile image93
      Anurag2008posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mine too. It has been 3 days and my 11mb .mpg video is still unprocessed. Is there any glitch?

4. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 12 years ago

Londonlady & Anurag2008: There are still some processing delays that we're working through on the backend. We apologize for the inconvenience.

1. Anurag2008 profile image93
      Anurag2008posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Jason.

2. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@ Jason. Are our videos exclusive to HP or can we use them elsewhere? I don't quite understand how these things work in terms of copy content, duplicate or plagiarism.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There's a option to embed so I guess its not only HP. But whether we can upload to other places directly I'd like to know as well smile

1. Cardisa profile image88

I wanted to know if we could upload them to YouTube and use them on our other sites. I have a recipe blog and want to know if I could use my recipe videos there.

5. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

I'm pretty sure Yahoo! no longer has user-uploaded movies.  I had a couple there and missed the message about the feature closing; then when I went to edit a Hub that linked to them, did I ever get a surprise!

But, to get to my question:  I was pleased to see that .mp4 is a supported format - but I need to edit the .mp4 file, and I can't do that in Windows Movie Maker (it would have to be converted to another format first). 

Basically, I need to trim some weedy material out of the middle of the file. I can trim to shorten a file in RealPlayer. Is there any way to add together several segments that have been trimmed, to make one continuous file?  I was also hoping to add in a .jpg at one point.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to edit an .mp4 file?

1. Wayne Tully profile image67
      Wayne Tullyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you using the old version of Windows Movie Maker? Windows Live Movie Maker(The newer version!) Seems to support more file formats....

1. Aficionada profile image80
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reply, Wayne! The  computer is a few years old, so I guess it really is an older version of Windows Movie Maker.  But, in the meantime....

The .mp4 files are Flip videos.  I'm new at using them, and I did not realize that FlipShare has the tools I need to trim the videos and then put them together to make a movie.  I'm in the process of working on that now. 

My first choice would be to be able to just remove a chunk from the middle of a file (as I can with audio or MIDI files in Cakewalk).  But the procedure in FlipShare is to change the starting and/or ending point of the file (essentially hiding, but not deleting, what is trimmed).  It is somewhat more time-consuming than what I would like to do - but it is possible. smile  And it is actually the same procedure I would have to use with Windows Movie Maker.  And I can upload the .mp4 file to HubPages. (In order to do that on YouTube, there is something of a conversion process to follow, if I have read it right.)

So I believe I am good to go.

6. Londonlady profile image89
    Londonladyposted 12 years ago

It finally went through, horray! big_smile I might be shying away from this feature though, until the kinks are ironed out.

7. iphone5news profile image61
    iphone5newsposted 12 years ago

This is a great addition to hubs, just wish it worked on ipad. Maybe an app?

8. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 12 years ago

I just added my first video to HP. It did say Video is now being processed and I'll have to wait. I guess its gone for approval? OR is it something else?

1. lobobrandon profile image88

Its done smile No need of replying. Now got to just write the content.

9. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I'm sure I read earlier on this thread that you can use your videos multiple times because they will not trip any duplicate filter.

Thanks IzzyM, maybe my eyes are fooling me because I couldn't find it. Thanks, suspected as much but wanted confirmation.

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are some references to it here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/93831?page=2

He was asking about uploading and the amount of content on Youtube compared to HP,  but the question of using the same videos both here and on other sites wasn't really addressed but I believe that I can though. Thanks again IzzyM.

2. lobobrandon profile image88

Also, search engines can't check out videos and therefore HP wouldn't have a problem I guess smile

10. travel_man1971 profile image63
    travel_man1971posted 10 years ago

Thanks, Jason for this latest innovation, uploading video directly on HubPages! smile

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Guess you haven't been around much recently, travel_man.

The original post in this thread is 19 months old.

@Jtrader, I've got a few video-hubs, but not only are my videos crap, I hate (and the audience hates) autoplay videos.

They might rank for some, I would also like to know the answer.

They don't rank for me!

1. agvulpes profile image84
        agvulpesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

And Jason has not been working at HP for ages smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)