Zujava.com

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)
  1. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I just discovered Zujava today, through a hub written by Darkside.

I've submitted two articles. Anyone got any experience on the site to share?

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Izzy, I've only taken a look, but haven't decided. I barely have time to write here.  But I am very happy to see your sad avatar replaced by this very cute kitty!

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My traffic isn't back!

I had a 24 hour rush from Pinterest, which has died a natural death. If anything, my Google traffic is worse than before, but is offset by better traffic from Yahoo and Bing.

I just liked this image so much I had to use it smile

IF my traffic ever returns, I will find a totally mad image to reflect it smile

1. CMHypno profile image83
          CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know, the kitty is cute but still looks a bit distressed? smile

1. IzzyM profile image87

That's my pleading look! lol

2. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

I discovered Zujava thru darkside also.  I have only done one leaf.  It tied for 3rd in the recent contest. 

I also joined Wizzley and have submitted 7 pages.  Lissie seems to think earning will be easier there than HP.

1. IzzyM profile image87

I joined Wizzley months ago, but still haven't submitted an article. There is no excuse for it, if I can sit and write two articles for an unknown site I can do it for Wizzley too.

In fact, I should have submitted 100 articles there, so I could compare earnings.

This might keep me busy tomorrow smile

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

I've written two articles there.

However I find Zujava to be quite clunky (especially how you add capsules.) I had difficulty working out how to add different capsules, not to mention all the clicking back and forth to edit and add multiple ones, so I'm sure a complete internet online writing newbie would be easily frustrated.

Supposedly it will mimic Squidoo in their payment tier system (the reason I don't use squidoo.) They haven't started paying yet (not till April according to Glen?) so who knows.

I much prefer Wizzley right now...

1. IzzyM profile image87

Thanks for that insight smile

I was wondering about their payment structure.
      You get a share of their overall earnings depending on your ZQ grade, which as far as I can see is dependent on likes from both other users and outside readers from social networking sites.

So, even if your leaf brought in more traffic than all the rest, you still may not see the benefit unless you are a social person who goes out their way to comment and endear other users, or can somehow persuade all your followers on twitter to add a like.

There is no mention of what happens if your leaf hits the number 1 spot in Google and get 1000s of hits from there, not that that is likely to happen, but you never know. If it did get to #1 for a search term, and you never socially engaged other people, your ZQ number may stay low and you will never see any money.

The jury is still out on that one, as far as I am concerned, unless someone cares to shed some light on it.

1. kiwi91 profile image65
        kiwi91posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi IzzyM,

The way ZQ ranking will work is that social factors will just be one small cog in the overall ZQ ranking. Traffic will matter far, far more, so if you have a leaf (article) that is generating massive amounts of traffic, your ZQ rank will reflect that. The social factors aren't given anywhere near as much weight, so you don't have to necessarily be a "social person" to obtain a high ranking leaf.

I'm Bill, the co-founder of Zujava. Thanks for bringing all of this up.

2. kiwi91 profile image65
      kiwi91posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi WryLit,
      Is there anything we can do to change the experience you had with adding capsules (sections) on Zujava? We'd like to make this process as clean and smooth as possible.

The first payment will be in May for the entire Beta period. After that, payments will be monthly. You can read about it on the FAQ page on Zujava.

Thanks!

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

On Hubpages or Wizzley you can easily insert a capsule and line them up.

On Zujava you start with an introduction section. Then you have to ok that to go back to your main leaf. Then you have to add a new section from the list on the right which takes you to another page. If you have five sections and you edit each one a couple of times you've navigated through ten or more pages... and if you don't have the best internet that's extra loading time and quite annoying.

1. IzzyM profile image87

That is true, it took me a bit of time to work out how to insert sections or capsules, but only the first time I wrote an article there.

The second one I did was easy. I still haven't figured out how to insert a link, as I like to link up all my internet articles in some way or another.

Thanks for that info about the ZQ rating and how it works, Bill.

4. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

I've not tried Zujava yet.  It's tough trying to write for lots of different sites!

I had one click and one Amazon sale at Wizzley early on, which got my hopes up, but nothing since!  :-(

I've been focusing on Squidoo recently (I already have Blogger and Wordpress sites).  I've earned nothing from Squidoo so far, but am hoping that I will get something out of it sooner or later, as Greekgeek and Relache seem to rate it as an earner!

5. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 12 years ago

I joined Wizzley about a month ago and wrote one article. The site seems nice but I have decided to put more time and effort into web development this year.

I'll take a look at this new one though. It's always good to at least check things out. I hadn't heard of it until this forum post.

6. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Well, I know all eggs in one basket is not good. However, the fact is that being paid by views as happens here seems to work better for me than any other options.

I certainly would not be happy having even the tiniest part of my earnings depend on mutual backscratching and all that tedious social networking - yuk! As far as I'm concerned, Facebook is for interacting with people I know in some context or other, and I am not going to spam them with notifications about every word I write.

I'd rather chance my luck on the Adsense lottery than do all the social spamming. Thus Zujava has been firmly crossed off my list of possibilities.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Bill from Zujava said above that social networking factors are only a very small cog in the factoring process, therefore it is not necessary.

I'm not much into social networking either, but that is not to say I don't appreciate the sheer volume of traffic they occasionally send.

I just like writing. And one of the best ways to promote ourselves is to have lots of articles all over the web, each interlinked in some way.

Decide on the article or site you wish to promote, and insert just one link in each web article pointing back to that site, and watch that article rise in the SERPS.

There are so many quality sites we have to choose from now, we are being spoilt for choice.

7. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I find the whole concept of being "paid by rank" so utterly distasteful and degrading. Basically, unless you follow the herd you are a loser before you start. Anyone writing on more obscure (which usually means more interesting as far as I'm concerned) topics, will never ever rank so will always get the worst pay rates per view.

Like you say, Izzy, there are many other sites to write on which do not have such an unfair system.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Or maybe it is a good idea to write about a popular subject on a new site? You have a better chance of getting it ranked than writing here, for example, where the competition is greater.

8. theherbivorehippi profile image64
    theherbivorehippiposted 12 years ago

I have not tried Zujava yet...simply because I just haven't had time. I will say that although I only have a handful of articles at Wizzley, they see some impressive Adsense clicks and I have made two small sales with my affiliates off them. I definitely need to invest more time over there. I'll be interested to hear more feedback on Zujava though.

IzzyM....love the kitty!

1. IzzyM profile image87

Hey thanks!

Everyone says Wizzley is working well for them, need to get busy. I only have a single 'How To' article up there.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)