Squidoo Experience

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)
  1. ronny2005 profile image68
    ronny2005posted 12 years ago

How are you doing on Squidoo? Is it worth it? Is it better than HubPages?

1. Greekgeek profile image78
      Greekgeekposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it depends on where you start and where you're more comfortable. Each site rewards different things, and it takes a while to figure out what works best on each site. 

One thing I like about Squidoo is that I can create my own Amazon Associates, Allposters and Zazzle links and paste the HTML codes right into the article, so that I can get the full commission on every sale. Most article publishing sites force you to split your commissions in some fashion.

The real secret of Squidoo is that you've gotta create interactive content that gets your readers clicking on things. I believe that informational, creative, editorial and "how to" articles do better on Hubpages, which awards you for attracting readers; articles with useful resources, freebies and printables, and links to interesting things do better on Squidoo, because its lensrank algorithm awards clickouts (as a signal of reader engagement).

I make about 12-15 times as much on Squidoo as Hubpages, with about six times as many articles. But if I had spent the bulk of my time on Hubpages instead, that trend might be reversed.

1. ronny2005 profile image68
        ronny2005posted 12 years agoin reply to this

is Squidoo increasing your Zazzle Market, I mean earnings?

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

I don't like the way their setup works with "Lens Rank". Basically if your Lens does not rank well, then you may only earn a few cents, EVEN if you have lots of clicks (you don't get paid directly by Adsense etc).

And many of the older, more experienced members know how to help each other rank up their lenses so they earn more money. It's not really about how good your content is but how high your rank is.

3. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 12 years ago

I started creating Squidoo lenses right when the site first launched.  I have to say I disagree with WryLilt's experience, as I do not interact a lot with the community there and have a significant amount of lenses that earn steadily and satisfactorily, and those lenses do draw a lot of traffic from Google.

1. amithak50 profile image60
      amithak50posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have been paid by them two times though I have only 10 lenses

4. Swetankraj profile image62
    Swetankrajposted 12 years ago

Beside Hubpages I also write for Squidoo. It is a great platform for writers as we are in Hubpages. If compared mathematically the tools you use in Hubpages for creating you hub is far more easier than Squidoo.(As i believe). In my suggestion you also should stick with hubpages and squidoo both at the same time. Because Knowledge is everywhere and there is no such terms and conditions or restrictions for hupages members that they can not join other community.

5. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 12 years ago

Not so familiar with Squidoo, is it similar to hubpages or different ?

6. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years ago

Thank you for the information.  I started a Squidoo account recently, but haven't written anything.  I am a little puzzled when it comes to establishing AdSense and what I already have here on HubPages.  I am spoiled because I've been with HubPages for 9 months and nowhere else.  I hope to work on a lens and publish it by Easter.  Just to see what that's like.

7. jellygator profile image89
    jellygatorposted 12 years ago

I like different things about the two sites. I find it easier to create HP topics, although I use HP for a particular niche so that could be the reason. It takes me a LONG time to make a Squidoo lens that meets my own standards, and even then I've had a couple problems with publishing, especially lately. Their new filter said I plagiarized because on my lens about gifts for Father's Day, I'd used half a dozen quotes about fathers which were on the website I'd credited PLUS another 59 sites!

I like that I can make money by viewer count AND sales. Today marked my first Amazon sales from either place, and I made two, so that's exciting for me.

I think HP does internal promotion better than Squidoo, though. The hopper feature here isn't offered there, nor anything similar.

In any case, I'm continuing with both for now. I started here in October more or less, and Feb. marked my Squid debut, but I have different goals for each site. If it looks like either isn't going to work, I'll have to move to other stuff.

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually the Quests that get offered to the Giant Squids are a fantastic means of internal promotion on Squidoo.  But you have to have made enough lenses of high-enough quality to be able to participate.

8. MIEBAKAGH FIBERES profile image42
    MIEBAKAGH FIBERESposted 12 years ago

HubPages, it seems much easier for online article writing. I try to put out a piece on Squidoo for a month and I hope will be published in two weeks time. Squidoo is hard and my trrific experience will be an easy tutorial for my next Squidoo.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)