Will Peyton Manning win another Super Bowl with the Broncos?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image54
    gautams1posted 11 years ago

I am a big Peyton Manning fan and I would like to see the Broncos do well this year. I just do not know if they have enough talent around Peyton to be competitive. This reminds me when Joe Montana went  from the 49ers to the Chiefs. This will be interesting to see how Manning will cap his carrer with the Broncos.

thanks,

Ricky S

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73
      BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If Peyton survives the first game against the Steelers without getting stiffed and a stiff neck, he should have a good season and the Broncos should win their division.

But I don't see the Broncos as a Super Bowl team this season.

1. profile image54
        gautams1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the insight.

guatams1, let me give you some further insight.

I see the Broncos as a Super Bowl team this season.

With a Hall of Fame quarterback who played like he did against the Steelers, hell yeah. The Broncos have as good a chance, if Peyton stays healthy, as any of the other top teams. Especially if they can beat up on their division and get a good seed in the playoffs and home field advantage.

2. xero37 profile image60
      xero37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I do not think so. He played exceptionally well against the Steelers (my review of the game http://xero37.hubpages.com/hub/NFL-Week … rs-Defense), but I do not think he can win a Super Bowl. The Broncos will win the division, and once in the Playoffs, anything can happen. But the AFC alone is too crowded with contending teams such as the Patriots, Ravens, Texans, and even the Steelers. The window is closing on him, but maybe next year.

Well, it will be interesting to see how he plays on the road.

If we've learned anything lately, we know winning the Super Bowl isn't about having the best regular season record. It's about who the hottest team in January is. Like you said, once in the playoffs, anything can happen.

1. xero37 profile image60
          xero37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Peyton's little brother knows that, twice. But I am very much looking forward to the Monday Night Game for two reasons: we see how Manning plays with his new team on the road in a hostile environment and we can see if the Falcons are legit this year. Going against the Broncos D is a better challenge than the Chiefs.

2. wavegirl22 profile image50
    wavegirl22posted 11 years ago

BLACKANDGOLDJACK - lol! I love the way everything begins and ends with a Steerlers match up!

Key words for Dever and their success is  . ..  IF PEYTON STAYS HEALTHY. He sure looked good the other night against the black and gold, but that was just one game. I would have loved to have had him M'iked up Monday morning to gauge how he weathered (is weathering) the hits he took Sunday night. If I was his mother or his wife I would be praying daily.

Denver in the Superbowl. . hell no. . . Its all about the Jets and the Niners for the big dance.

Hey wavegirl, I actually like the Jets. Except this Sunday. I like Rex Ryan. The dude is a hoot. Most of all, I like the Jets because I HATE the Patriots. I like Revis, a Pitt guy, and my concern for his safety makes me say no Jet fan should want him to play on Sunday. He should live another day to play against the Patriots, twice.

1. wavegirl22 profile image50
        wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

A man of my own heart. How can I not like you. Funny but in the years of the Cowboy dynasty I hated the Steelers. I have been lucky in that I have been to 2 Superbowls. One was SBX and the other was SBXIII. I rooted back then for the Cowboys (dont ask, for though raised with strict NY teams my dad used to travel to Dallas and he knew all the Cowboys, Staubach, Too Tall, Dorsett- you name them and I had pics and autographs of them) so of course being in the Orange Bowl I was not rooting for the Steelers! I hate Bradshaw and to this day I could do with less of him on FOX.

Yet as I have matured in my football aliances and I have come to embrace the Steelers. Especially their fans. PDH is one of them right here on Hubpages and if you visit me on Twitter if your not repping NY chances are you are from SteelerNation. The only team to this day that I totally can never ever remotely like is the New England Patriots.

But back to the game at hand. Tomorrow is going to be a big one. No Revis, no Keller. Ryan is a defensive man and Sparano is bringing an OL to protect Mark . . My brother keeps texting me not to get my hopes too high but as Deion said the other night. . I BELIVE in the New York Jets.

May the best (or better team in Week 2) win. Anyway you cut it I am hoping for a great game.

Peyton doesn't look like a Super Bowl quarterback tonight, what with 3 picks in the 1st quarter. Dang, why didn't he play like that against the Steelers?

Yeah, wavegirl22, SBX and SBXIII were some great games, especially the outcomes. Hmmm, a Cowboys fan way back then. I bet your favorite player was Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson who said Bradshaw couldn't spell CAT if you spotted him the "C" and the "A" and then Bradshaw taught Hollywood how to spell TOUCHDOWN during the game. If you still hate Terry, you must not have seen him naked in the movie Failure to Launch.

Hey, those Super Bowls were in Miami. That's where the Jets are going next.

1. wavegirl22 profile image50
            wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

He sure doesnt. Did you hear Gruden before the game started, he said Peyton is anxious tonight. Its as if he had a magic ball from how this game is going. As far as why he didnt do the same against the Steelers last week  .. thats cause it was on Sunday Night Football. . Im probably off on this one but it always seems that NBC on Sunday gets better games then ESPN on Mondays! Luck of the draw perhaps.. ha!

Yes the Jets are headed to Miami .. not good memories for me. . last time I went to a game (other then the SB's I mentioned) was the Mud Bowl.The year was 1983  . .AFC Championship on the line... Super Bowl XVII one game away. Richard Todd picked off 5 times. Jets lose 14-0. We left the game sad and drenched .. and I swore the Jets off that night. Fast forward to 2009 and Rex Ryan comes to town. Slowly as his first season unfurled I came back to gang green. It isnt easy being green and many of my friends that are Giants fans call me dysfunctional.

Blasphemy that I root for both? Maybe but for me its like I get a double header each week! 

And just for the record. . my favorite Cowboy from the day. . Tom Landry of course wink

I agree, Sunday Night FB is better than Monday Night FB. This week we get New England @ Baltimore on Sunday night as opposed to Green Bay @ Seattle on Monday night, I mean, I'll watch the latter but I will be intensely interested in the former. I have to (puke) root for the Patriots, what for the Ravens being in the same division as the Steelers.

Keeping on topic and Peyton, it's Houston @ Denver. Now this one should give us a better indication of how good the Broncos really are. One real good game and one bad game for Peyton. What's next?

As for your Jets, I'm betting they will shut down Reggie Bush and make the rookie QB beat them. No way do I see Reggie getting 172 yards and 2 TDs like he did against the Raiders, which totally ticked me off since my opponent in fantasy football had him and cost me the game.

And the Giants @ Panthers on Thursday night. I'll be rooting for the Giants, mostly because I intensely dislike the Cowboys (as opposed to hating the Patriots).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)