my adds were dissabled on this hub,... & i understand why,.. i guess..

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)
  1. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 11 years ago

http://stclairjack.hubpages.com/hub/A-b … ng-of-PTSD

i dont know how to write about civilian PTSD without covering the things that cause it.

guess i'll just take it down,.. what do you think?

1. LucidDreams profile image63
      LucidDreamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you cannot provide the facts and write about the subject clearly, it may well do better on another site like a blog about service men or a guest post on a mental health blog or website.

stclairjackposted 11 years agoin reply to this

the point of the article was to remind the reader that PTSD is not strictly a millitary problem,... you missed the point,....... if my poor writing skills are to blame for that then so be it.

but i gather from reading the HP terms that my adds were dissabled because i mention subjects such as rape and molestation, banned topics here in add land,...

my over all questions is,.... how does one cover the subject of CIVILIAN PTSD if your are forbiden from mentioning the triggers for it?

answer,..... i guess you dont. i'll delete the hub

2. Hyphenbird profile image81
      Hyphenbirdposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have four Hubs with disabled ads. I leave them published because I know readers can benefit from the information in them. It is not a big deal, we just won't make ad revenue from them.

2. LucidDreams profile image63
    LucidDreamsposted 11 years ago

No, you mis-understood what I was saying......My point was, not that you did a poor job or writing....not at all, just that if Hubpages will not allow you the freedom to make the points neccessary, you may be better off publishing somewhere else. I just wanted to throw a few options or ideas your way. I wish you the best of luck whatever you choose to do!

3. Marketing Merit profile image95
    Marketing Meritposted 11 years ago

I had a similar problem with a hub I've just published about online affairs.

When describing what activities were undertaken via webcam I couldn't use the word mas***bation and even including s*x, just once, brought up the warning. I wasn't being explicit by any stretch of the imagination but had to tone things down. I was able to use the words erotic and sexual though, which I found a little strange.

What LucidDreams has said though, is correct. Hubpages has it's guidelines and we have to adhere to them. I could have published my hub with the offending words included but it would have delayed the publication process and also, there would have been no revenue stream as the ads would have been disabled.

It's just the way it is I'm afraid, although somewhat sad that sensitive topics cannot be covered.

4. stclairjack profile image77

THANKS YA'LL... i apreciate it...... i think the hub will just have to be deleted,... i dont write anywhere else,... so its a shame. i wrote it out of profesional frustration,... i work in long term care and our facility is seeing far more psyc related roblems than age related these days,.... i read up and and gleen what i can from personal experience,.... but the establisment doesnt seem interested in preparing for the future of longe term non-corperate care.

thanks guys

1. LucidDreams profile image63
      LucidDreamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dont delete it! If you care about what you wrote and want people to see it, create a quick blog, maybe call it "Long Term Care Injustice" and continue to post when you have a great idea. Just a thought!

5. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Are ads ads disabled by Hubpages or adsense?  The former can be dealt  with by asking for a manual review.  but adsense is generally not worth trying to argue with.

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

This kind of censorship is soooooooooo 19th century!  TPTB need to 'get over themselves,' and stop worrying that someone might (horrors!) see and read--worse--understand--a word having to do with bodily functions of ANY type, sexual or otherwise.

After all, it is unlikely that children are reading these articles, and even if they were, so what?  It's time to stop burying our heads in the sand and thinking that kids don't already know more than we want to believe.  Ask any kid what 'words' they hear at school--they could probably teach us new ones!

This Victorian-era prudishness is counter-productive.  You cannot point out and solve problems if you cannot speak of them.  These hush-hush tactics of sweeping things under the rug and declining to allow their mention,  is a major reason for many problems we currently have in today's society.

What should we do?  Return to the Victorian ways of referring to things, as in tables and chairs have "limbs" because heaven forbid you should actually say the word 'legs,' lest some demented male should experience a thought-transference to the female form, and 'get improper ideas!' 

Bah, Humbug!

7. stclairjack profile image77

i'm not bent outa shap by it,... just dissapointed,.... i understand that HP is a buisness, and that buisness model doesnt work if it doesnt play well with others,.. ie; the add world.

it is a bit frustrationg trying to write about relevant health issues of our time while opporating within such strangling constraints.

none the less,.... love it or leave it,... its HP...... i'm staying,..... but the hub has been deleted

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wrote a hub about a violent murder, and ads were not allowed initially. After I changed some of the language (but the subject is still the same), I asked for it to be remoderated and they approved the ads.  Maybe try changing how you refer to things.  It is an important subject, and HP doesn't set Google's guidelines on ads.  So take heart that you've likely helped others by writing it.

guess i could do a re write,... i just dont know if i have it in me.

ok,... i undeleted the hub,... i read through the whole thing word for word,... and i just dont know how to re-write it,.... i'm stumped.

perhaps this demonstrates my lack of skill,... if so then so be it,.... but i didnt use any words in an offensive way,... i'm just stumped

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
            Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Try changing words like the R word and substitute 'violated,' there are a number of such changes that will let you retain the meaning but soften the actual language.  Check a thesaurus for other ideas.

i must be in mental nutral,.. thats cool,.. thank you.

2. stclairjack profile image77

on the other hand the following hub had its adds disabled and i simply dont care,... i enjoyed it, still enjoy it, and have no plans of deleting it.

http://stclairjack.hubpages.com/hub/the … -headlight

but i never wrote it with $$ in mind,.... its the place my friends go to read the story of that weekend,... sending them the link is easier than re-telling the story!lol

8. stclairjack profile image77

i havent realy jumped into the blog world,... i tried it and cant even remember the name of the site let alone find my profile or what ever again, ha!.... the format didnt click in my head well..... just an old painintheass... i know lol!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)