Are You Into Vampire Movies?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)
  1. lilmissmontana profile image79
    lilmissmontanaposted 11 years ago

I know young girls are in love with the Twilight Saga. I never got into the movies because I wasn't a fan of Bella, and I didn't care for the mushy love story.

Now, I LOVE the Underworld Series! In my mind, vampires are not supposed to be sparkly and sweet, but morbid and kinda gross. Plus, I love Kate Beckinsale in those movies. She's gorgeous!

Do you like vampires? What is your favorite vampire movie?

1. faraujo120 profile image60
      faraujo120posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not really, however, I did enjoy the Twilight saga, but then again, who didn't right? hehe

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I didn't.
        Vampires are monsters.  Young girls were't meant to fall in love with monsters.
        I think the Twilight series and similar ones are just plain wrong.

I don't mind a horror movie as long as the monsters are shown for what they are.  I even like Resident Evil somewhat.   
        But I cringe every time I think of people (especially Christians and their teenagers) watching Twilight.

1. JMcFarland profile image69
          JMcFarlandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol it's a work of FICTION.  Who cares how it's portrayed if people like it?  Unlike your biblical mythology, everybody KNOWS that these stories aren't real.  That's what makes them stories.  Christians boycotting or rallying against stories like Twilight or Harry Potter is just ridiculous.  It's a lot more moral than a lot of the bible stories you like to mention.

1. profile image0

Did I give the impression that I didn't know Twilight's a work of fiction?
            lol
            Then let me correct that right now----I know Twilight's a work of fiction.
            Satisfied?
            wink

good!  Then there's no problem.

1. profile image0

I wouldn't go that far.
                You did label my belief in God as mythology, plus made a couple of other insulting remarks.   But hey I'm not in the mood to fight right now.  So yeah, it's okay.

how is disagreeing with your position while expressing my own insulting to you?

1. profile image0

Hmm... could it be because you used the word "ridiculous" and compared the morality of the Bible to a vampire-obsessed-girl movie?

But I'm not mad about it.  I just was pointing that out.

2. Anna Haven profile image71
    Anna Havenposted 11 years ago

I like the Underworld movies too, especially Kraven. The story is really well scripted covered the past, present and also setting up the future. I  also like John Carpenter's Vampires as I found it quite gripping.

3. josephbarrett profile image57
    josephbarrettposted 11 years ago

I also like Underworld movie series too but I also very like Abraham Lincoln, the story of this movie is very interesting.

lilmissmontanaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I didn't too much care for Abraham Lincoln. Maybe it's because movies set into older times don't intrigue me.

And Anna I don't think I've heard of John Carpenter's Vampires.

4. shin_rocka04 profile image66
    shin_rocka04posted 11 years ago

I'm not the biggest fan of the Twilight series, but I do love Underworld. I'm always excited when there's a new film in the works.

5. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

Nope, I'm not into vampires.  But I AM crazy about zombie shows......like the 'Walking Dead'!!

lilmissmontanaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes! I loved The Walking Dead. My TV provider doesn't carry the station its played on anymore though. Now I have to wait for it on Netflix and I've kind of lost track of the story.

6. innersmiff profile image64
    innersmiffposted 11 years ago

To find a good vampire movie you'll have to go as far back as the 30s with Bela Lugosi's 'Dracula', and then Murnau's 'Nosferatu'. I haven't found any vampire film since then to be especially interesting. It's just blood and sex and blahh. Boring. 'Twilight' was horribly boring nonsense, but I didn't think there was much to "ruin" in the first place tongue

7. faraujo120 profile image60
    faraujo120posted 11 years ago

Stephenie Meyers has a new movie coming out called "The Host" has anyone seen it yet? And if so, what'd ya think? Dying to know.

8. faraujo120 profile image60
    faraujo120posted 11 years ago

Anyone here see Django Unchained? If so, what did you think of it? I am going to check it out when it comes out on dvd. Also, The Great Gatsby is coming to theaters this summer, anyone going to check that one out? What upcoming movies are you all looking forward to seeing  and why?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)