25 people died from a chemical attack!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (42 posts)
  1. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 11 years ago

It just happened in Syria and guess who did it? The so-called Free Syria Army. Most of the victims were civilians! But what do we care? We are so far!
    Where do those chemical weapons come from if not from the West? Since radical islamists possess chemical weapons with our blessing why did we make a big deal of what Saddam Hussein was accused of possessing?
    Our democracies are caught red-handed in their games of lies and collusions.
    Any reactions? Or we need more deaths and better reasons to react?

1. profile image0
      HowardBThinameposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Some claim the chemical weapons in Syria came from Saddam's regime. At any rate - no one knows right now if it actually WAS a chemical weapons attack.

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Maybe from their own backyard.  Mustard gas, for instance, isn't terribly difficult to make. 

Do you have a reason for automatically blaming the West for supplying them?  Or just more hate speech?

maxoxam41posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Gas is the reason and also the only Arabic speaking country that ever opposed the US and Europe in their decisions and, that is an Iranian ally.
        Your hate speech justification is hasty and lazy. It takes more thought process to understand one's thoughts.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

You think only western countries have products that can be used to make chemical weapons?   : / (most sources think the Syrian government has them. So both sides could have accessed them locally).

Currently the UN is still saying these are "allegations"--there has been a lot of spin and outright fabrication on both sides of this war.

Who are those sources? The same ones that ridiculed us with Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction?

3. maxoxam41 profile image64

On the western sides it is always "allegations" but when it came to Saddam Hussein it was factual. The UN said so. It's been a long time that it lost its legitimacy as an independent organ if ever it was. The only difference is now I am not blind anymore. I see what we are doing in the middle east, in southern America, in Africa...

1. wilderness profile image96

So being "not blind" gives the right to make unfounded allegations or insinuations?

On the contrary, I would have to say that blindness is closing in ever darker.

In what way are they inuendoes? Enlighten the idiot that I am.

It is an innuendo when you imply the west provided the gas weapons without plainly saying so.  Having zero evidence doesn't help much, either.

Were found on the Syrian soil American and Israeli weapons. The source that I read is in Syria where is your source from, stating the contrary?

American weapons on Syrian soil?  How shocking!

Do you think there is a single country on the face of this earth without American weapons in it?

On the other hand, if you are claiming American gas weapons were found in Syria, why, I would have to ask for a source.  A very, very good source.

1. profile image0
                HowardBThinameposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Since we KNOW Saddam had sarin gas weapons and we KNOW none were found during the Iraq war - and we SUSPECT they were moved from Iraq to Syria - it follows that's where they came from.

1. profile image56
                  Education Answerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

. . .and if that ends up being exactly where the gas weapons came from, then I wonder what a lot of the people who constantly say that Bush was lying about weapons of mass destruction will say.  I'm guessing they'll overlook this fact or just go back to saying it was a war for oil.  We haven't heard that one in a while.

That is indeed the logical conclusion.  My question is why the OP is insinuating that the chemical weapons used in Syria were provided by the US.

1. BuckyGoldstein profile image60
                    BuckyGoldsteinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Were chemical weapons even used?

4. psycheskinner profile image82

Given that the allegation lacks named people and places, and both sides have lied their heads off, I won't be making any assumptions until the UN investigation produces some real information.

Which second side are you referring to when you allude that they lied? And again what is your source? If it is the mainstream media, it is not interesting because of their lack of objectivity.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The second side in the conflict--both the government and rebels have been releasing PR bollocks by the tonne, some of it clearly fabricated or staged.

Since when do you read the other side of a story? Your source, please.

5. profile image56
    Education Answerposted 11 years ago

The CIA, under Bush, claimed that Iraq's chemical weapons were being taken to Syria.  Could it be that there were weapons of mass destruction?  Hmmmm.

And, you still believe the CIA? wAOW!!!

6. maxoxam41 profile image64

They found FIM-92 Stinger in the hands of Syrian "freedom fighters"  weeks ago (their export are strictly controlled supposedly). Where do they come from? Who provided those marvels? B 61 are on the Turkish soil probably facing Syria. Turkey can afford those?
    What do you call a very, very good source? The same one than you? Or the majority? Exclusively US?

A stinger missile?  Not a war gas weapon?

No surprise at all.  I'm sure you will find rifles, pistols and probably even tanks scattered through the world.  There are certainly warplanes, complete with munitions everywhere.  But what does that have to do with American made chemical weapons in Syria?

We can find one and not the other? Based upon which rule or principle? Since we can find those Stingers in the hands of fanatic islamists what is the condition for the US to sell those weapons to potential enemies? Aren't we perpetually harassed by the news and politicians telling us that the enemy is Syria, Libya, Iran... All muslim by the way, and our sophisticated weapons find their way there by pure magic! What is the logical explanation to this contradiction?
        Do you understand Spanish?
        "El ministro israelí de Inteligencia y Asuntos Estratégicos, Yuval Steinitz, considera que es cierto que se han empleado armas químicas en Siria. Al menos 25 personas han muerto este martes en la provincia de Alepo por un ataque con armas químicas realizado por rebeldes sirios, según informó la agencia estatal de noticias de Siria, citada por Reuters.

El Ministerio de Exteriores de Rusia condenó el ataque y afirmó que el empleo de armas químicas por parte de la oposición muestra un desarrollo extremadamente alarmante de los acontecimientos en el país."

And here I thought the discussion was about American provided chemical weapons. 

Not stinger missiles.  I take it, then, that you have decided to drop the insinuation that the US is providing chemical weapons to Syria or it's enemies?

Since the US supports financially, logistically the Syrian rebels in what way wouldn't they be involved in this chemical attack since they are in the front rows? What is your logic?

1. BuckyGoldstein profile image60
              BuckyGoldsteinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Because there wasn't a chemical attack.

No, the question is what is your proof for making the statement?

Not what possible path of logic, no matter how twisted, could be used to show it as a possibility no matter how slim, but proof that it happened that way?

I could claim the Russians did it - they are in the same hemisphere.  Nigeria is on the same continent.  Brazil has boats and Switzerland has planes.  All about likely as the US - shall we blame them, too?

What is your source that stated the contrary. Reuter stated it.
                As for your examples they lack of my realism. It shows how unimportant the truth has to your eyes. Your lack of objectivity says it all.

You made the accusation - you back it up.  It's not up to me or anyone else to prove it wrong.

There is definitely a lack of objectivity here, yes, but it's not from me.  I've repeatedly ask for your proof, you show none - just more statements that it happened the way you subjectively claim it did.  No evidence for a claim, after all, makes it pretty clear that the claim is nothing but a subjective desire it be true.

www.voltairenet.org now what is yours? Mainstream? No thanks, and you are trying to give us lessons as for the truth. Even your examples can't sustain a rational argumentation. It would be easy for me to crush you down. The only question is are you ready to be humiliated. I have enough of people pretending to understand what is happening internationally, but the worst is the one who constantly denies the malevolence of one's country.
                    Yes, we know EVIL is ALWAYS the other but when it comes to back it up with facts, it is another story!

7. psycheskinner profile image82

In either case rumors of this attack are not panning out.  It is looking like it never happened. By which I mean neutral third parties cannot find survivors or witnesses. Leaving the only report of this at all being the government news channel, which is used for propaganda purposes.

How convenient to state that everything coming from their government is propaganda. What about ours? No propaganda at all? We're REALLY living in a perfect democracy! And it would make me a troll to believe it!

8. psycheskinner profile image82

Many places reported what was claimed in the government news channel.  That is not the same as reporting that it actually occurred.

Our news channels are reporting that North Korea is aiming at attacking us? Does it mean that they will? Or are they trying to scare us like with Saddam Hussein?
      So far the only unreliable sources of information are ours (globally the western ones).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)