How Do I delete My pictures.

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)
  1. angel 2013 profile image60
    angel 2013posted 11 years ago

I don't want to get into any trouble. But I don't seem to be able to delete the pictures. It says they are not right. I have tried everything I can think of.  Also when I try to publish my work. It says it will call me and leave a code. But I never get a code.  What am I doing wrong?  I love it here but I just started and don't know how to use everything yet.

1. sriramapriya profile image67
      sriramapriyaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just delete the photo capsule

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Either delete the entire capsule or, while editing that capsule, there is a red x on each photo where they can be deleted individually.

Don't leave an empty capsule, though - if you delete everything in the capsule, delete the capsule as well.

1. angel 2013 profile image60
        angel 2013posted 11 years agoin reply to this

did not see the red x on the pictures. I will try it. I have another question. This site will not publish my poems. Because it keeps saying it is sending a code to my phone. But I'm not getting one. I love this site. But I just started and I'm lost. What can I do? I don't want to get into trouble.  Thank you.

2. DrMark1961 profile image96
        DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi wilderness if you see this post can you explain why you recommend not leaving an empty capsule? I do that all of the time, then come back a month or two later and put in dividers when I have something new and attractive ready.
        Leaving an empty capsule has no affect on hub score. Do you think it affects search engine rating?
        Thanks.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure why Wilderness would think an empty capsule is a problem - apart from the fact that it's good housekeeping to get rid of it. 

However, do I deduce that you're coming back to Hubs and updating them regularly?  Why?   Do you constantly update your blog posts?   

Google likes fresh content, but it looks for fresh content on your domain as a whole.  If you're regularly publishing new Hubs, there's no need to constantly tweak your old ones.  It's much better to do a proper job at the start, then let them be.  Remember, there's no way for your followers or other Hubbers to know when you update a Hub, so updates are of no benefit there.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96

Yes, Marisa, I do open up hubs, both those that are doing well and those doing poorly, and add new photos, new page dividers, add hyperlinks and make changes (I hope improvements) to the text.
            Is it better to do it all the first time? I dont think so. If I still have not published an article, and I go in and add the hyperlink later, I think that makes a better hub.(Someone may be looking for that information that I had not published earlier.)
            Am I doing it for hubbers? No, not really. I realize that they are not usually read on HP after I publish them. I hope that those persons searching for my posts on the search engines will appreciate what they are reading and viewing and then go on to look at another article that will help their dog. (If someone searches for giant dogs, for example, they might then want to read about hip dysplasia. They might also want to read about bloat, which I have not yet published, but will do so next month.)
            Does it work? I really do not have a lot to compare it to. When I look at Google Analytics it says that visitors usually read two articles, although I would like it to be more.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
              Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you publish a new article, and go back and add its hyperlink to an existing Hub, then of course that's worth doing.   If you learn how to do something new, then it's worth going back and applying that knowledge to existing Hubs. 

However I'd question why a Hub would need new dividers, if it didn't need them when you wrote it.   Or new photos, come to that, unless you feel the new ones are hugely better.  Because your work is on show the moment you publish it, it's generally better to wait until it's the best it can be, before you hit that button.  Why risk someone seeing an article and not being impressed by it?  They may not come back!  Better to be a little patient, give your Hub a few days to mature unpublished, then review and edit it so it "hits the newstands" with maximum impact.

Besides, tweaking old Hubs can be a thief of time.  You probably don't realize how time-consuming it is, and that's time which would be much better spent writing other work or promoting what you've written.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96

I just finished writing "Five Little Dog Breeds Who Don´t Bark Much" and will publish it tomorrow over my lunch hour. (I always wait until the next day so that I can edit  one last time.) If I waited until it was the best it could be, however, I might wait a month and look at it and edit it again. (It might have about 1000 page views in that month.)
                I am not Steinbeck and do not feel it would be worth it to wait that month. Of course, if Steinbeck had waited until he thought things were perfect he probably would never have published anything! (Hemingway probably thought all of his things were perfect!) After all, what is the point of publishing if someone is not going to be impressed?
                Is tweaking old hubs a thief of time? Yes, I agree with you on that. I publish about every other day, though, and do not want to do so more than that, so since my dog and I have already gone for a walk tonight, I think I will just sit at my computer and drink my coffee and tweak an old hub! (I also answer questions in several dog forums at the same time, but that type of promotion gains very few views.)
                Thanks for taking the time to answer, Marisa. I also learn a lot from your input!!!

2. jmoz profile image61
    jmozposted 11 years ago

Check out the learning center in hubpages...just click "help" then there will be a link to the "learning center"...then just review all of the learning capsules..there is one on photos as well as many other topics..it should shed some light on the situation

3. profile image0
    lindashockleyposted 11 years ago

Please write a hub about bigger dog breeds who don't bark much. I know the greyhounds are known for not barking but don't know if there are others.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)