Lauryn Hill to get 'Conspiracy re-education'

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)
  1. innersmiff profile image66
    innersmiffposted 10 years ago

http://www.infowars.com/judge-orders-co … uryn-hill/

Musician Lauryn Hill, facing threats to her family, withdrew from society for three months in 2008, and didn't pay tax. She is now facing prison and 'counseling for her conspiracy thoeries'.

What 'conspiracy theories' does she subscribe to?
    The Jewish conspiracy?
    Holocaust denial?

Nope, only that the music industry deliberately suppresses true musical talent in favour of mindless drivel. Not only is this a clear violation of the first amendment - everybody knows this is true.

Just look at what sells! Can anybody honestly claim that there is a modicum of musical talent in the popular charts?

2. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 10 years ago

Hey bro, it's not easy to use autotune to sing a song someone else wrote!

innersmiffposted 10 years agoin reply to this

'Singing' is pushing it!

1. profile image0
        JaxsonRaineposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've been tempted for quite a while to come up with some kind of auto-tune YT personality to try to make some extra money... I don't know if auto-tuned political discussion would go down very well or not tongue

I don't know . . . I'd be intruiged!

3. maxoxam41 profile image65
    maxoxam41posted 10 years ago

First I would like to understand why the Jewish history has to prevail as a reference versus others?
    As for Hills's words, she didn't say much when she was at the top of the music charts.

I used those examples as they are the most provocative and some of the least politically-correct conspiracy theories out there, especially in comparison to the "music industry suppresses talent" conspiracy. Not that it makes much of a difference.

But the issue is not any apparent hypocrisy - she has the right to be hypocritical if she wants to and the government is violating that right.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Does she have the right to ignore the laws as well?  If so, who gave her that right, as opposed to who will enforce that she doesn't?

The debate at hand is about her 'conspiracy re-education', not her rights concerning her crime.

I think something is going over my head.  It looks to me like her paranoia is being used as an excuse for not paying taxes, and if so she really does have a mental problem.  "Everyone is out to get me and hurt me so I can't pay what I owe because then they will get me".

Of course, it also looks like a diatribe that no one will give her money to do things as she wants to.  That is then turned into paranoia that everyone is trying to hurt her health, destroy her life, and maybe even take it away. 

So just what rights is being taken?  Somebody has decided she is a danger to either herself or others and ordered mental help - is that what you refer to?

It is absolutely the individual's business how paranoid they want to be. Intervention can only be justified when there has actually been a dangerous act, whereas all of Hill's actions have been non-aggressive. You know my stance on taxation.

Care (and/or control) of the mentally ill is a very delicate and complex subject; not something that can be simply written off as unnecessary until someone is hurt.

It is my conclusion, for instance, that a great deal of the gun problem is due to mental illness; we should leave those people alone with their guns until they kill?  And then tell the victims family that it is immoral to take steps until that point?

Or should we leave the mentally ill alone with their illness until they suicide?

I don't have any answers to the problem, but I do know that waiting until someone (including the ill person) is hurt or killed is not a viable solution.  Reading this woman's writings, she seems in the very edge of crossing that knife edge; she has already taken actions with her family that originated in her paranoia.  She, and her family, need help.

2. maxoxam41 profile image65
        maxoxam41posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't think they are the most provocative. It is the only one most lobbied. The native American massacre is passed under silence. The Armenian genocide by the Turkish people, the Algerians by the French and so on...
        As for Hill as if she didn't know the rules of the game.
        Most of the people that opens their mouth are disgraced by society, it is not new. Is she really that naive? Since she evaded taxes, I will consider that she is not.

I agree with you but I'm struggling to see your point.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)