Share your conspiracy theories, what do you believe?

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (64 posts)
  1. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

There are so many conspiracy theories out there, from ones that sound spot on to inter-dimensional alien human hybrid shape shifters (I keep expecting to see the pope turn into a lizard man).

What conspiracy theories do you believe are true or very likely to be true? Are there some you don't believe in but think are fun ones (I love the shape shifter lizard men one, don't believe its true but wish I could)?

1. mom101 profile image59
      mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

conspiracy? Why is sugar placed in toothpaste, mouth wash etc? Any lobby money there?

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

how about flouride? seriously, ask your doc "what will happen if my child does NOT have flouride?"....

sugar is there to make it taste good. why?
        you can brush your teeth with baking soda, or nothing.

toothpaste doesnt actually DO anything that a tooth brush cant do all by itself.

2. perfectperception profile image61
        perfectperceptionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I think toothpaste tastes better plus freshens your breath

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the more we concentrate on conspiracy theory, the more we miss what is really going on under our noses!

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

I would love to..... but first I need to know what 'Getting Neutered' means hmm

kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is that a conspiracy against you then? lol

Reminds me of how my adopted mom used to get rid of gentlemen callers she did not like. We raised goats and did most things for them including any castration that was needed. My mom knew how to do herself in the living room and I would then hold and comfort the poor creatures. A guy coming round we didn't really like? Ask them to hold the goats on castration day then have mystery meat for dinner!

1. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Eccckkkkkkkkkkkkk!! yikes  Now I Really Can't say!! smile

Living on a goat farm really had it's ummm .... moments! lol

2. profile image0

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

Conspiracy theories are something I like to steer away from.  I think that should be the general advice. 

Leave them alone.  They are a big waste of your time.

Fair nuf big_smile

They do make good fodder for hollywood  movies imo, ya know secret societies and what not wink

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Every post here is being cataloged, indexed, ISP address recorded, and put in a government archive… smile

You cannot achieve real paranoia without a good conspiracy theory can ya? big_smile

5. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

I used to think that the rising of a New World Order was a conspiracy theory.

Now it is mainstream and out in the open!

You never know.  Why is fluoride added to our drinking water?

6. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Plum Island, off the coast of Long Island, is a germ warfare

labratory that is responsible for

Lyme Disease & the outbreak of West Nile virus a few years

back.  NOT theory, just fact!!!

7. weholdthesetruths profile image61
    weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years ago

My favorite conspiracy, the type that's so nutty nobody could possibly believe it.   There's a number of them, but this is a real guffaw inducer because it attempts defy what's known as factually true... 

The "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy". 

Usually credited to the media, who is 97% Democrat.

If there is one, it consists of the vast list of influential media on the right, which is: 

2-3 TV programs
    2-4 radio shows
    3-4 magazines
    Andrew Breitbart (didn't exist when VRWC as invented)
    Drudge
    and apparently some obscure blogs that nobody can find the names or url's of.

1. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol   lol

1. Never_Forget profile image57
        Never_Forgetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Humans were created by aliens who visited earth (and still do) and manipulated the DNA of chimps (hence why we share 99% of the same DNA structure, also explains the missing link theory).

Angels and "chariots of fire" as described in the Bible are actually aliens and UFOs. Every religion is based on Astrology (see Zeitgeist). We are the product of a higher intelligence who genetically modified us to evolve to what we are today.

1. donotfear profile image84
          donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.nicktarr.com/nickchurchsml.jpg

2. BRANDONHEATHTART profile image61
        BRANDONHEATHTARTposted 13 years agoin reply to this

we live in a world of control, and we are either in or out of control of what we think, and NOT ostensibly so.  evidently there are those who are media zombies, but there are also those of us who won't make our own coffee, call ourselves "GREEN THINKERS" and wait in the "Q" at ****bucks for a small cup of coffee (rather, tall, which is the shortest cup) which costs more than a gallon of gasoline - strange?

there is one conspiracy that i hold fast to, and it is that its HIP to be 'against'.
        anti this and anti that and - what is driving all this anti into our collective consciousness?  somehow we have conspired against ourselves with a complaint consciousness and we have all joined the ranks in file - in "Q", and no answer to satisfy the "Q" by either another tall coffee, or a gallon of gasoline - and are we not therein, complaining about the wrong cost for a product? 

so, if the government is conspiring against us then they are well within there right to do so - after all, if we are going to pay above the cost of gasoline to wait in "Q" for the least of these...tall, grande, venti - why not run the sheep the way you want to?  I have a V8, and I am not talking about the condensed beverage - i have a V8 engine which runs a 4x4 transmission which burns a ton of fuel - but if the other conspiracies prove true - i will be driving through forests and plains when the rivers overrun as the Priuses spin tires in "coffee grounds" paved with the gold they could have spent on something that would have driven them away from the tall, grande and venti gallons of caffeine which are mountains overlooked. 

but there are aliens, there are devils, demons and mind controlled presidents to consider. 

one way or another - it depends on what you are waiting for in "Q", or what "Q" you are asking about pertaining to how we've been conspired against.

i love them all, actually, but I hate getting my coffee too hot, over-roasted and without enough room for creme after i burned my gas for the Baristas to get it right for me the fist time!  should have bought a Mr. Coffee, moreover - should have bought a TV so i could blow it up - but i have "ADsense" and am not controlled by "my way, right away" and the green disease...  the sky is falling, all - and the seas are boiling, turning to blood -RISING - the moon could soon turn to blood when the atmosphere is so polluted that the density of matter in the atmosphere is so great that it makes the moon look like it does when it is just above the horizon - and in the end, we conspire against the BIBLE - funny!!!  anit-religious, missing the analogy between the aforementioned GREEN folly and the biblical account of what is happening in the world - and yet, you say seeing is believing.  well, what is keeping you from believing, then, that the rivers are indeed running over - as if all the dead wildlife in the Gulf does not align with the notion that the seas are turning to blood?  GO GREEN, or go ANTI - we are conspiring against GOD.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not to the media. To Richard Mellon Scaife, David Koch, Rupert Murdoch and their ilk. This is well documented.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rupert Murdoch has so much influence and power in the UK, it is unreal. There have even been rumours of collaboration with MI5.

In the UK he seems to back whichever political party he believes will win, rather than the 'right', putting his vested business interests over his political ideals. He criticises the left a lot personally, yet backed them in 97 and 01 when it was clear that they would win.

In other words, he is a crooked cretin with no integrity. Only interested in his own selfish gain.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Murdoch apparently has Scotland Yard in his pocket. Two of MUrdoch's tabloid "News of the World" guys went to jail for eavesdropping on email of the Royal Family. Murdoch's paper also eavesdropped on a bunch of other celebrities, but Scotland Yard refused to release this information. Now Murdoch's London paper is being sued for lots of money by victims of his eavesdropping as they find they have been eavesdropped upon by Murdoch's boys. The editor of the paper responsible for the eavesdropping was recently appointed PM Camereron's press secretary--Coulter is his name if memory serves. There was a long article on this scandal in the NYT Sunday Magazine.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/05/magaz … amp;st=cse

"A few months later, the inquiry took a remarkable turn as the reporter and the private investigator chased a story about Prince William’s younger brother, Harry, visiting a strip club. Another tabloid, The Sun, had trumpeted its scoop on the episode with the immortal: “Harry Buried Face in Margo’s Mega-Boobs. Stripper Jiggled . . . Prince Giggled.”

3. perfectperception profile image61
      perfectperceptionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Food for thought!

8. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

BRANDONHEATHTART:

A very deep point, indeed.

Uh, not that I understand the whole post, but......

1. BRANDONHEATHTART profile image61

in a "nut's" shell - we are turning against one another and it's the product of bargaining with the opposing team..

see forum on ....  "what do we "know" about angels?"

scare quotes  added...  who are we but our best bet?  and if we are a house divided against itself (human kind) how will it stand? 

that is what i am aiming at...

1. BRANDONHEATHTART profile image61

that is, see my reply therein and i might add - DON'T GO TO MY HUB.

THEREIN, "what do we know about angels?"

9. profile image0
    jfhuntsrposted 13 years ago

I can't say the ones I believe in, there are far too many.  I do believe, however, that our government from the very top down to the lowest secretary needs to be sent packing.  The corruption is imbedded and the lies are all too frequent.  I don't believe there is a single honest politician and cetainly don't believe there is a single politician thats cares a beavers crap what the people want.  Conspiracies are everywhere and I feel that all or most are grounded in truth.

"I do believe, however, that our government from the very top down to the lowest secretary needs to be sent packing."

What would you replace it with? A bunch of clueless Tea Tards?

10. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

10-foot long alligators roaming the sewers of New York City, grown up from tiny pet alligators brought back from Florida and flushed down toilets?

1. profile image0

dude, thats real.

Stay out of the sewers!

1. profile image0

We dont have sewers where I live.  smile  and I dont use flouride!!!

11. Ralph Deeds profile image65
  12. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

The same people who killed the Kennedys were responsible for 9/11.
    Think about it. Both actions enabled the USA to enter prolonged, misguided "wars" during which time those who dared to disagree with said wars were vilified by the government.
    But after said wars were exposed for what they were, it was ok to say, "I told you so."

13. gg.zaino profile image72
    gg.zainoposted 13 years ago

If you look at any theories, remember the meaning of the word "Theory"... Folks seem so ripe these days to bite into an apple and not check for worm holes.
      The problem with all 'theories' is all lack proof, and that most are worm ridden and full of holes. Once theory is proved by intelligent investigation it changes form and becomes fact.Until then go spin ur wheels if you want to.... or find the answer through intelligent investigation. peace  gregz

14. tritrain profile image69
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Red squirrels are trying to steal my nuts...and the current Administration is in on it!

15. spookyfox profile image61
    spookyfoxposted 13 years ago

The Flat Earth Society has to be one of my favorites smile

On a serious note, I've always loved conspiracy theories since I was growing up, but mainly in TV shows and movies or videogames. And because I like them so much I am extra skeptical about them, otherwise I'd be believing in them just because I want to.

I think they represent the romantic idea of the individual against the masses, knowing something most people don't and going for it even if everyone's against you.

That is not to say I don't believe in some of the ideas behind them (for example, that figures in the government are puppets and there's no real choice) but 'conspiracy theory' sounds too planned, too prepared, and I think it just sort of "happens".

16. profile image0
    jerrylposted 13 years ago

Do the electric utility companies have a secret deal with the manufacturers of electronic devices?  How many devices and appliances have a number of clocks and led lights that run 24 hours a day? Might not be much on one person's bill, but add up
    the entire nation, and I wonder what those lights and clocks end up costing the consumer over a 1 year period?

17. Ralph Deeds profile image65

An invention of a car that will run on water has been suppressed by the oil and car companies.

18. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Here's on that's true: J.Edgar Hoover was a cross dresser.

19. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

I believe that Kirsten is out there to get me wink

20. perfectperception profile image61
    perfectperceptionposted 13 years ago

Why has the government not noticed that the economy took the biggest nose dive when the gas prices jumped to record heights?  Think they get paid when the oil companies do?

21. jerseys4kids.com profile image47
    jerseys4kids.composted 13 years ago

The reason conspiracy theories exist, is because conspiracies do exist. Not theories, but facts about historical events that we know the details about.

For example :

Weapons of Mass destruction in Iraq?
    The assassination of JFK?
    The Iran Contra Affair!
    The Watergate Scandal!
    The French government sinking a Greenpeace boat!
    The Israeli goverment hit squad commits murder in Dubai!

These are not theories .. they are documented events!
    These are the conspiracies that we know have been exposed, who knows what events have not been exposed?

22. Balmung profile image59
    Balmungposted 13 years ago

The moon is really a giant ball of cheese.

23. D.C. profile image56
    D.C.posted 13 years ago

9/11. What really happened that day.

24. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

behind the scenes corporations and power mongers who own most of the capital have completely manipulated the markets and banks in order to create this current depression (just like the last one) and they are buying things up now in order to make a huge profit when they later manipulate a "recovery"

25. S Leretseh profile image60
    S Leretsehposted 13 years ago

One very, very dangerous organization: The ADL (Anti-Defamation League).

A  little background.

ADL: In 1978 Irv Rubin, Chairman of the ADL until his arrest in Dec.2001 for trying to murder a US congressman (because he was an Arab), offered this monetary reward in 1978 in Skokie, Illinois: "We are offering $500, that I have in my hand, to any member of the community... who kills, maims or seriously injures a member of the American Nazi party."

If you want to read about this homegrown terrorist org. here is the link:
    http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/ha … /adl_1.htm

QUOTE:
    “This isn't about Jews. It's about the Anti-Defamation League, a criminal organization which manipulates Jews and everybody else. That's what it's about.”

I’m not quite sure what their long-term game plan is for the ADL, but presently, no question, it is to maintain the status quo in America.  What exists in America today benefit’s the ilk of this terrorist organization - they’re willing to kill anyone and no matter how many to maintain THIS system.

26. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

How come as soon as we invent something,we start either:
    feed general population with it, or
    treat general population with it! Never mind how bad it is!
    Electricity.
    Pasteurized milk.
    Refined sugar.
    Radiation.
    Swine flu vaccination.
    What's next?

27. profile image0
    markbennisposted 13 years ago

I like this guy Jesse Ventura, Ex Governor and Ex Navy Seals who has jumped strait to point with his documentary on YouTube called ‘Conspiracy Theory Jesse Ventura S02E04 police state’.  Now when someone of his calibre and background is trying to tell us something is going on, well is it still just a conspiracy? 
    I mean we have seen the disclosure project and all their highly professional whistleblowers stand up and give their testimonies and experiences, oh boy, there must be much truth to many of these conspiracies, all in all something big seems to be brewing and it has shaken allot of these people up to come out public and risk everything just to alert people.

28. perfectperception profile image61
    perfectperceptionposted 13 years ago

Thanks for all the comments!

29. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 13 years ago

I posted a conspiracy theory once and a lot.... a lot of people took it seriously.  I should stay away from them unless they are so ridiculous that no one could take it seriously. I had to quietly back away after I really realized people were really taking it for truth. 

But I do love conspiracy theories! Like a secret underground Alien headquarters located in the Bermuda Triangle with a secret entrance
    located below the White House, like a bat cave and the White House purposely selects who they gets vetted because they have duplicates  to take the presidents place so that no one suspects that the real president has been having secret meetings with an alien leader from the Planet X and there is a whole fleet of UFOs hidden in the city of Atlantis.

And! Bin Laden is an actor in Hollywood and what the governments are really looking for the Zinitron! lol

30. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Since the topic is about "conspiracy" theories- okay.

I've recently been looking at a worldview, the overall from country to country, government to government, character of the people who live in each place and can see a really bad thought come into play.

The United Nations, inclusion with every system government, only known, to the highest official, refuses to release the Cure for AIDS and Cancer, out of fear of an explosion in human population.

As I said- it's a bad thought, but just a thought. smile

31. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

There's a lot of theories out there that sound plausible, but many of them are just speculation. I for one do believe there are aliens out there and that they may have visited us in the past, as I think it would be arrogant for humanity to assume we're the only intelligent life out there in space.

Another theory I do believe in is time travel, as I do believe that humanity can and will find a means to travel time.  In fact, I think time travelers walk among us right now, but we don't know it...

32. sir slave profile image60
    sir slaveposted 13 years ago

I think many of them are true, from aliens to JFK, to cheney and bin laden on 9/11.
    but as always they are impossible to prove....but fun to speculate about...thats is why some of them have taken on cottage industry proportions.

33. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

I don't how and I don't know when but I believe the time will come when goverrning bodies will know all their is to know about most if not all people on this planet, be it microchip injected or camera recognition one day you won't be able go anywhere that you can't be found and you will be recorded audio and/or video taped.

That's my conspiracy theory.

1. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is not a conspiracy theory it is fact and already pretty much the case.

A conspiracy theory would be what the hidden powers behind the puppet governments are going to do with it.

1. fits3x100 profile image58
        fits3x100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The same thing they do every night Pinky!       

Provide massive reserves of wealth protected from the masses by stealing from the masses, by getting the masses to believe they have some degree of authority over their government?....massively?

1. profile image0
          china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am confused - why are you calling me Pinky ?

1. fits3x100 profile image58
            fits3x100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry China man... Pinky and the brain were animated characters..Lab rats...The Brain was his megalomania-cal chum...Pinky would ask "What are we going to do tonight Brain?"  After being sprung from their cages by some clever device Brain had conjured up, Brain would answer, "The same thing we do everynight Pinky....Try and take over the world!!!"

Your query just caused that tid-bit to pop into my aged gray matter...no offense intended.

2. SpanStar profile image60
        SpanStarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This may come as a shock to you China Man but I know what a conspiracy theory is, I wish we had some people that actual give other people some credit for knowing as much as they do Hello-Information age-everyone has access to dictionaries, reference materials, etc.

Since the event of tracking everyone isn't in place now the idea that conspiracy can follow as a results of these events is worth considering so other can access if a conspiracy theory might be relevent.

34. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I have a theory that most people like being left in the dark about most things. Ignorance is bliss.

Therefore I hate conspiracy theories, they only make people neurotic.

35. Dale Nelson profile image39
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

Neurotic - I dont know what you are talking about.

I got to go though.

I think Im being followed.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)