Abusive comments from Guest User

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (20 posts)
  1. unknown spy profile image42
    unknown spyposted 11 years ago

Have you encountered one reader that became obssessed with your hubs and reliving every poem you have written?

i've been receiving abusive comments from my hubs from one hubber..actually, he's not a writer or hubber here in HP but he had created one account so as to keep track with my writings. he used to comment nice and wonderful on my articles as Guest User before creating one account. then he become so obsessed with my poems and relationship-articles thinking it was him I am referring to. he emailed me thru HP forcing me to tell that I am this girl he's in love with. I did however replied I am not that girl, that I am inlove with my boyfriend and do not know him. After that he still keeps sending totally sick messages and also that he was out from a 6-month rehab and he has mental issues. I am not replying to his sick emails until such time he just comment abusive messages on my hubs..i did however deleted his comments everytime he stopped by. totally scary and don't know what to do.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You have to ignore him fully and completely. That's the ONLY way to deal with trolls, other wise when they get the slightest response from you, it fuels their fire. Report him if there is a way, as a non hubber, I dont know, but dont respond to email and block him in anyway you can. Eventually he will go away. You could file a rept if you feel youre in danger.

unknown spyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you beth. I already blocked him on my gmail account...that's the reason why he kept commenting bad messages on my hubs, even in writing he tries to mock me, curse me and my family..trying to delete the comment and not reading it. Yes, I reported his account on HP too.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  Sorry to see this BS happening to you UnS... there are so many sad and lost souls out there!  sad
      Like you, I have had this happen on more than one occasion.  I realized that it seemed to result from how my poetry was interpreted and how personally it could appeal directly to those living in the subject!
      The Stalker thing is very creepy, compulsive and 'pushy' plus it is always distinctly different from Trolls who tend to just want to try to rubbish, put you down or humiliate you online!

Your poetry style is similar in many respects to mine and equally direct... I hate to say it, but great poetry is poetry that engages the reader! roll  Your work is engaging and never change that simply because of your stalker... (in a way.. it's actually a compliment that your words 'get through' smile )

Save everything, including dates and their IP Address in a folder... and you have all that is required to track down the party doing this!  Once you have a selection of those offensive comments AND the IP Address.... then send HP a formal request to have 'his' account closed and his IP Address etc Blocked by HP.  In your comments capsules.. Make sure that you maintain the option of only receiving comments by those 'logged in' to HP... in that way, if it reoccurs then you can once again provide the culprit's IP Address etc. to HP.

pearldiver, this is really creepy. i've read many poetry from hubber similar to mine too and sometimes i could not help myself to imagin it happened because it was really good. when he started to send me really sickening msgs to read, i stopped reading it then block him. sometimes he would call me a liar, a cheater and anything horrible. i came from a decent family and those words are really way beyond. he would then curse and say something bad to my family just because im a liar. so harsh.

Thanks for the suggestion, will keep that in mind to save the dates and msgs plus the IP address..
        So sad that it happens..never thought i would find an 'enemy' thru my poetry.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
          Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're not making enemies because of your poetry!  So please don't think that way... You Must Not let this person creep you out, or let him 'get' to you personally... if you do, then you are empowering him - which is his exact objective and the one thing you need to ensure you don't fall for in any way, especially emotionally!
          There are lots of sick puppies in this world and many search out poems and articles that they can  'attach' themselves to, to satisfy their obsessive behavior.  One way of disengaging them is to not have a comments capsule in your hub... just remove it and then nothing can be said to you, other than emailing etc. for which you can control through filters!  Good Luck.. and don't buy into the problem by responding to this one!  Remember, that for each oddball, there are a 1000 'real' people out there!  smile

you're right Pearldiver. I should not let him empower me just because of his dirty tricks and emails. I cannot deactivate my comment capsule though.. so I would always ignore those nonsense things from this guy. and maybe eventually he will stop, find another way to satisfy his obsession.

I remember though that he also accused me of having different accounts on hubpages, i cannot remember the name of one hubber he mentioned who writes emotional poetries too. smile so far, im at peace..no more spams smile

3. Abby Campbell profile image74
      Abby Campbellposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through troubles. Unfortunately, we are in cyberspace and there are many weirdos on here. I had a stalker for over two years, and it's tough! I don't know what I did to make him lose interest, but I'm glad he's gone. I know you will be too. smile

I really wish that HP had a way where you can "block" certain people. I had issues with a particular person several months ago here on HP where she was just hateful towards me for no reason. Though she stopped commenting on my hubs, I didn't know if she was coming in giving me "thumbs down" which I assume would affect my hub score as well. But, I asked HP and they said there was no way to block but I could delete the comments. sad

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Autofilter the messages to an folder you don't need to look at.  Send examples to Hubpages staff.  If the messages are threatening or suggest stalking, send them to your local police as well.

thanks for the suggestion psyche.will definitely do that.

1. profile image0
        Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The cops won't do a thing so don't even bother with them, this person can be anywhere in the world.  Don't ever let anyone 'force' you to say things that aren't true wether it be in real life or on the internet.  You got a fruity tooty here and you need to filter his address.  You could save them and forward them to the FCC.  You need to protect yourself from any type of bullying. 

HP is becoming a scarey place with stalkers, thiefs and iodiots who take things the wrong way.

yup.. online world is a scary place now. i hope he'll jsut stop..been way too long.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
          psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My local police must be a bit more community minded than yours.  They encourage contact like this and at least keep in on file, in case of escalation.  They want people who feel they might be at risk to discuss it with them and get advice.

hi psyche.. local cops wont do anything,as what sarra said. but i wil keep definitely send hp msg if ever he'll spam my hubs again.

2. profile image0
            Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Local police will  not get involved in a cyber problem.  The FBI will certainly get involved if there are death threats etc.  All the local police will do will tell you to save all emails and comments as the local cops don't have the authority or the time to investigate these issues.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
              psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am not making things up.  I had a similar issue and my local police station was very helpful.  I realize my experience will not be universal, but then--neither will yours. What they they are interested in is your safety, not making some cyber crimes case.  Police provide services other than supporting prosecution. Or at least the good ones with a community support program do.

glad to hear that you have such great services in your place.. but not here.. even crimes are not solved here, much more they will do anything about emails.. sad sad but reality.
                i got another email..i visited my trash and planned to delete all items in there then i saw his email. the first line reads: It is time.. then i cant understand the language anymore feels like a chant? or a curse? hehehe i dont know but i can't get myself to open the email and read it.

i made up my mind to just ignore all of it. smile so i dont have anything to think about smile

3. wqaindia profile image37
    wqaindiaposted 11 years ago

I have joined the online discussion forum only recently and I do not hide anything as I feel that cheaters, liars and abusers can not survive for a long period. They have short span of life. HP needs to block all such users so as to make the web a beautiful virtual world where one can feel free to share one's knowledge, ideas and experiences. Just ignore such tress-passers. I wonder how the Google crawlers  allowed such insects to creep in.

wqaindia, thanks.. i thought he'll stop since he's bothering me since last year..but until now, i get those really sickenign msgs. the emails stopped when i blocked him on gmail..

4. jproldan profile image60
    jproldanposted 10 years ago

someone use my name for posting abusive comments! it makes my life complicated!the author didnt delete the comment although i emailed him already what should i do to remove that comment using my name?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)