I deleted several articles from Hubpages!

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (60 posts)
  1. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 20 months ago

I am tired of being treated like a second rate author.They change some preposition, which is questionable, and they act like you are stupid. They are not even right quite often, then they rate, especially poetry, with low ratings. I am tired it!

1. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I've given up on posting new material to this format. I'll take my bi-monthly payout as long as they keep coming, but I'm no longer inspired to write for the new owners.

Pamela99posted 20 months agoin reply to this

Well, I wouldn't turn down the money either, but it has been a disappointment since Mavin took over.

Yep and now we have The Arena Group to answer to. Too many rungs on the ladder, with HP sitting in the dirt. sad

2. Miebakagh57 profile image68
          Miebakagh57posted 20 months agoin reply to this

Yea...a real run down!

I wouldn't;t turn down the mouney but it has been a disappointment.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image61
        TessSchlesingerposted 19 months agoin reply to this

The only reason I'm still here is I'm curious to see when the penny is finally going to drop. The money is going to get less and less as the owners take a greater and greater piece of the pie.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image68
          Miebakagh57posted 19 months agoin reply to this

Eh hey ha! This looks spartan. But the penny drop is good...like little drops of water makes...ocean flow!

2. Thelma Alberts profile image90
      Thelma Albertsposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I am demotivated to write again here on HP. So many changes but not positive for us writers. I wouldn’t turn down the money too that I receive here.

1. misterhollywood profile image91
        misterhollywoodposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Not to be funny but there's not a lot of money being offered here in the first place. It used to be that a good writer here could make decent coin off quality hubs. Not so much anymore. Many of the old timers are gone.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I am sorry this has happened to you! Much success to you in your other writing adventures and God bless you!

Pamela99posted 19 months agoin reply to this

Thank you so much, Patty.

4. AliciaC profile image93
      AliciaCposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I’m sorry about your experiences, Pamela. Best wishes for the future.

Thank you Linda. I read you good article about the squirrels. I have always loved watching them play, so I really enjoyed your article.

5. PegCole17 profile image94
      PegCole17posted 19 months agoin reply to this

Pamela, the frustration is understandable. Your writing has always been informative and educational. When they nit pick something that has weathered the test of time, I respond by deleting stuff, too.
      And when they take articles off niche sites for "long walls of text," it's clear they want paragraphs to be short so they can plug in more spammy ads.
      It's been 13 years for me, too, some years better than others.
      I wish you much success at the new site. That's encouraging news.

Thank you Peg. The ads are one of the worst things they have done. Plus, no comments. I still write occasionally, but not often. I like Medium pretty well. there are a lot of great people there too.

2. Carb Diva profile image95
    Carb Divaposted 20 months ago

Wow, Pamela. You really don't deserve that. Best All Round Hubber doesn't merit that type of treatment.

3. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 20 months ago

Hi Pamela!
    Yes, this is frustrating indeed and that too with such established writers, like you!
    They have done that with some of my niche articles, for no apparent reasons!
    Thank you for bringing this up!

It is frustrating. I made more money 10 years ago on Hubpages than I do now. That is why I am writing on Medium, and so far it has been pretty positive.Thank you Linda and Chitrangada. The fellow authors on here is the only reason I stay, because I care about you,

4. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 20 months ago

So true!

5. Misbah786 profile image85
    Misbah786posted 20 months ago

Pamela, what you're saying is true. I hate to say it, but I, too, have always believed that HP doesn't value poetry as much as it should. But HP has given me such a lovely community, and it has given me such beautiful creative wings!

Let me tell you something really exciting, the other day, I noticed Matt Wells encouraging hubbers to write more poems for LetterPile. This is an extremely positive sign for Hubpages' poets community. I believe HP just needs some time. It has been through a lot.

I am where I am today because of HP. Because of the love, I received from this community. In this way, I consider myself really lucky.

I won't reveal the name, but a friend here once said to me, "Your HP friends love you and make you feel really amazing. Not everyone receives such love and support from everyone at HP. You are so blessed."

HP has shaped me into the writer I am today. It has invested in me as much as I have invested in it. Making money by writing on HP was never my goal. Yes, I write to earn money on Medium, but I love stretching my creative muscles on HP. I am extremely grateful to both sites.

I generally appreciate the editing that editors have done on my work...but I've also received some unusual editing on my articles. I write on Medium and enjoy it, but something about HP draws me back. I just can't leave it no matter what. smile

Much love and Blessings!

I appreciate your comments, Misbah. I have been writing on Hubpages for 13 years, and I hope they will y with these correct some of the problems. The money is much less than it used to be, and the comments are gone, so I am not happy with the changes. I hope the problems will be resolved. I love the community of authors.
      Love and Many Blessings!

1. Misbah786 profile image85
        Misbah786posted 20 months agoin reply to this

I understand! smile

6. Genna East profile image82
    Genna Eastposted 20 months ago

Hi Pam.  I've been trying to return to HP, but this new format -- if one could refer to it as a "format" -- is so disconcerting.  Shame on the powers that be at HP...I think their staff could benefit from acquiring better writing comprehension, skills and experience.  They seem to be in over their heads.

I remember when you were an active author on Hubpages, and I understand your frustration as it is the same as mine. I agree with your comments.

7. Brenda Arledge profile image79
    Brenda Arledgeposted 20 months ago

Pamela...
    I hate that you have deleted your work.

Your wirds are always filled with inspiration .

Don't let this get you down ...you ate the writer.

The great thing about poetry is that we can do it our own way

I didn't  delete all my articles just about 10. I am just frustrated, Brenda.

8. Miebakagh57 profile image68
    Miebakagh57posted 20 months ago

I once said that the problem with hubpages editors is that they don't continuosly under-go re-training programe. So, these setbacks continue to operate. And, the writer and his/her craft suffers. Bad. All the editors needs a crash course to fine tone their skill.

You may me exactly right, Miebakagh!

9. OGUNDARE OLUSEGUN profile image77
    OGUNDARE OLUSEGUNposted 20 months ago

Pamela, thank you for staying back, I guessed you have stayed back because of a follower like me, because you and Cheryl have made positive impacts through your works, comments and authorship on me as a Writer, you have helped me to fine tune and hone my talent here which I really appreciate.
    I haven't earn from this site but seeing you people around still keep my hope alive in the site.
    The truth is the comments by readers, other authors, are really helpful and I hope this can be looked into by the new management for better output.
    Continue your good work Ma'am.

Thank you, Ogundare. I am here because I care about the other authors. I love your work.
      Your songs of praise are very good. I am grateful for your presence pn Hubpages.
      I only get money every 3 or 4 months anymore. I hope you will have some coming as you put in the work.

1. OGUNDARE OLUSEGUN profile image77
        OGUNDARE OLUSEGUNposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Thanks. This gladdens my heart. Looking forward to something like that soon.
        How I wish it's easy to cross borders, I am praying and looking for a day that I will see you face to face... You are simply inspirational!

That would be awesome. I will see you in this life or the next, Olusegun. Please keep writing your wonderful praise songs.

1. OGUNDARE OLUSEGUN profile image77
            OGUNDARE OLUSEGUNposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for saying this

I will. Thank you. You are an inspiration!

10. Eurofile profile image98
    Eurofileposted 20 months ago

I am very sorry that it has reached this stage for you, Pamela. I hope that your comments are noted and that they have an impact for the better.

Thank you so much, Liz.

11. ravirajan01 profile image96
    ravirajan01posted 20 months ago

Pamela I know things are not very good in HP. But there are some positives - great community, good feedback in forums, and a good testing ground for improving our articles. Yes, money is not a significant factor here. But Let us try to make the best use of the minuscule positives available here and improve ourselves. That is what I believe in.

Thank you, Ravi. I had a rough day yesterday, and I let my frustration get to me. I am here for all of you. It was never about the money, although that would be helpful. I appreciate you!

1. Miebakagh57 profile image68
        Miebakagh57posted 20 months agoin reply to this

Then, welcome home and stay put.

12. surovi99 profile image82
    surovi99posted 20 months ago

I am sorry this happened to you, Pamela. But I am glad you are back to yourself and still think of sticking here. Yes, it's frustrating at times but the good community here is what we are all grateful about. I hope you continue to write poetry and medical articles here. You are indeed a valued member of the community. Blessings to you.

I agree that we are here for the community. I can't imagine not seeing you Rosina. I wish we had comments like we used to, but I doubt they are coming back. Thank you for your sweet comments.

13. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 20 months ago

Sending you hugs, Pamela. I hope your frustration has eased and doesn't get the best of you. I can understand you deciding to delete something if you felt it wasn't going anywhere. I have a couple of those that are just sitting, doing nothing, too. There was a time when we were encouraged to delete some articles, then told not to delete but to edit, update, improve. It's hard to say what's best since so much has changed with the niche sites and Maven/Arena Group's objectives. We have to make the decision we feel best for us individually, which is what you did, albeit in a fit of frustration.

It's just a really tough time regarding views and earnings for most of us right now. I hope it gets better but, as the others have said, at least we have the support of each other in this community. And, we have other options outside of HP to write and get paid. Hang in there.

What I delete were older articles, and yes I was frustrated. I had what is considered a minor surgery Thurs. I slept poorly and was in pain more so yesterday too. I am frustrated with Hubpages, but it was a combination of things.
      I have updated several articles over the years as they become outdated. I do hope the future on Hubpages improves. I have been writing on Medium for almost 2 months, and I have already made more on that site. I really care about the people on Hubpages, so I am staying. I very much appreciate your very thoughtful message, Janis.

1. janshares profile image94
        jansharesposted 20 months agoin reply to this

You're welcome, Pamela.

2. bravewarrior profile image86

I love the community, too. The community inspired me to keep writing and putting my stuff out there when I first joined in 2011.That said, my creativity is better spent on my own efforts where I make far much more in one week than I make in two months here. And I've gained awesome friendships/relationships in so doing.

I love all the friends I've made on HP, many of whom I stay in contact with outside of this format.

Unfortunately, HP has become akin to a content mill. I left that form of making a creative living years ago. That said, the mills pay you for each article; you don't have to meet payout via views, unlike HP.

I believe in my abilities and so do my clients. HP was my sounding board and I appreciate all who encouraged me to become the writer I am now. I've even gone beyond and now edit creative works, including full novels, on a part-time basis.

Thank you, HP and love to all my supporters. I wouldn't be where I am today without you!

Thank you for your comments, Shauna. I guess I have opened a hornet's nest here, which was not my goal. I hear what you are saying, and I agree.You and I still have supporters here, which makes us keep watching over them. I appreciate your comments.

Pamela, without the community's "hornets nest", HP would have died two years ago, They (The Arena Group) don't hear us nor do they listen, nor do they care. They need to know that HP still has a live hornets nest buzzing with activity. It may be for naught, but we keep flapping our wings, right?

14. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 19 months ago

I don't think HP realizes how many really good, solid authors have left over their frustration. Furthermore, the reason some of us are still here is due to the care we have for each other. I guess we will see if anything changes.

I didn't realize my frustration was felt by so many authors here. Thanks to all of you. I appreciate each and every one.

15. Kenna McHugh profile image93
    Kenna McHughposted 19 months ago

Pamela, I hear you! One good thing about HP is it continues to foster a forum of writers who support each other. But, It's unfair when an editor/writer relationship forms a dichotomy. They should help each other.

bravewarriorposted 19 months agoin reply to this

+++++1!

2. Pamela99 profile image90

Thank you for your comments. They are so true. I did not know I would open top such a big dialgoue, and I thank each one for their support. I am more inclined to stay now than I was when I wrote about my frustration yesterday. I love the other authors here. I don't think HP knows what a wonderful group of authors they have at this time, even though Bill and many others are gone.

1. Kenna McHugh profile image93
        Kenna McHughposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Pamela,
        You're welcome. Your post displays what is happening to writers on HP. I have experienced an editor or a "No" from a niche site when the reasons were unfound. It's frustrating because recourse requires extra time and emails.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image68
        Miebakagh57posted 19 months agoin reply to this

Pamela, welcome home again. Stay put.

16. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 19 months ago

I totally agree with Kenna. If we all stick together and support each other HubPages will keep on keeping on and hopefully improve again.

John, I sure hope so. I did not mean to create such a rant, but many people had something to say. That tells us something for sure. I hope we can stick together still. I always appreciate your remarks.

17. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 19 months ago

so this is happening to you too.  It is causing me to delete a few from Hubpages.
    And they're quite popular So it is..

18. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 19 months ago

pamela im feeling the same way,  Im in the market for another writingsught

Hi Audry, I have been writing on Medium. It is quite different, and I get a lot of views. However, there is a lot to learn. I am not leaving HP, just poting less often. I care about some of the other people here, so it is hard.

1. profile image0
        savvydatingposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Does not Medium make writers find participants to join in? Am I wrong in looking at their site as a Ponzi scheme.... sort of? Granted, I did not look at the site in depth. I was turned off by what I saw. However, I do agree that HP has changed in ways that many of us do not like. We feel less motivated somehow. (That is not to say I am an avid writer here by any means)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)