Just sharing - Working on hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Tiffanyapril profile image60
    Tiffanyaprilposted 9 years ago

Hello All,

I am not going through writers block.   I do not know what to call it.  I am still working on my second hub. I think I am being hard on myself.  I change my second hub twice now with different subjects. Sadly, I am working on third idea now for my second hub. i have no problem with all the research.  I will keep working.

Just sharing.

May everyone have a Bless day.

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image90
      Greensleeves Hubsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's nothing new to me Tiffany. Often I start a hub and then don't know how to continue it. Often I start writing about a subject and then find one particular aspect of it grabs my attention and then the whole theme of the hub may change totally to concentrate on that aspect.

Also I always have at least 6 or 8 hubs on the go at the same time. Each hub takes me several weeks to write and sometimes I get bored or suffer writer's block. When that happens, I can just switch to one of my other unfinished hubs and do some work on that instead. I've never yet completely abandoned a hub idea - they just get put on the back burner while I concentrate on another which I find easier to write.

But if you are only on your second hub Tiffany, can I take the opportunity to wish you all the best and hope you find your experience of HubPages enjoyable and useful.

Tiffanyaprilposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello,
        Thank you!  Thank you for sharing and those valuable tips! It helps. It does gives me a better perspective.  I am going to apply that now. Again, thank you and for your time.  May your evening be Bless.

2. ChicagoPhotos profile image69
      ChicagoPhotosposted 9 years agoin reply to this

TiffanyApril,

It is always interesting to see how others view things differently than others.  Creating anything has a natural process.  Trust the process, don't be caught by fake parameters.  You wrote that you changed your hub 2-3 times so far.  Maybe the way you are looking at the hub as a  finite unit or something that must be finished every single time is effecting the way you write.   Try and separate your writing from the concept of a "hub". .   
      I suggest that you do what the others have suggested.   Write you story, lesson or message in a different software program. Once that topic is completed to your liking,  transfer it into a hub.    Like you said, you are NOT having writers block, so then why erase/delete what you have written so far?  Yes you may not completely finish the topic, but by getting it down on "paper" it may clear the way for your next thought to come through. 

The mind is an amazing thing.  write about a topic until you are done writing, then start a new page and write your next set of thoughts.   Some will turn into "hubs" others might be stories or life lessons.  Try and trust the process and let it flow.  do not delete.

Here is another way to look at it.  Comedians ( good ones) have folders where they keep jokes. they do not have polished, complete 45 minute sets in there they have 1,000's of one liners or phrases that they like.    Consider your unpublished hub space as your "joke folder"  start and stop topics as they occur to you.  visit it often and you will know when you have a full concept ready for a HUB.

Hello Chicago,

I am sorry for the delay.  Thank you as well for your tips and advice.  I learned a lot.  I am going to print this.  Again, thanks.  May your day be Bless.

2. m_westrope profile image75
    m_westropeposted 9 years ago

I have a few unpublished hubs as well.  Much of my "writing" goes on in my head before I even put my fingers to the keys.   I will get a rough draft going and then let it sit while I mull it over.  Sometimes when I look at my list I'll think about how I'll add to one or two.  Sometimes they will sit there for months without even being opened.  That's one of the great things about hubs - they are always waiting for you (kind of like a puppy).  Happy writing and don't sweat it.

Hello M,  Thank you very much for sharing and the help.  I am sorry for the delay.  I do have to print this page.  There are lots of great help. Again, thank you. May your day be Bless.

3. Cheryl Renee profile image60
    Cheryl Reneeposted 9 years ago

I have unpublished hubs too!  When the time is right...we'll finish them and publish them.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  Just keep writing!
    Happy Hubbing!

Hello Cheryl,

Thank you! You are sweet.  Good luck to you as well.  I am sorry for the delay. May your day be Bless.

4. profile image0
    Patricia Ferreroposted 9 years ago

I have lots of unpublished hubs that I'm working on from time to time. I'll only publish them once I'm completely satisfied with them. I think it's quite normal to have several ideas at a time and to get stuck at some point.

Hello Ms. Ferrero,

Thank you for your time and help.  Thank you as well for sharing. I like the stuck part.  I am sorry for the delay. May your day be Bless.

1. profile image0
        Patricia Ferreroposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! And don't worry too much about finishing your hubs. You'll do it when the time is right. Just write away!!!

5. profile image0
    Buyprecioumetalsposted 9 years ago

The best inspiration comes in the middle of the night actually!

Hello,

That is very true for me! I need to program myself to write in the night. Thank you for the wake up.  May your night be Bless.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)