Getting Active on Google Plus

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)
  1. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 9 years ago

There don't seem to be many active hubbers on Google Plus. A few tips:

1. Post to public for the most interaction, if you don't have many followers.
    2. The tip to getting followers is two fold. First, add other (active) people. Find people who share the same interests, by typing "[Topic] circle" into the search bar, then adding circles of topic based people other people have compiled. Secondly, get included in other people's circles that get shared publicly (an example of one of mine linked at the bottom). So when people type, for instance, "Hubpages circle" into the search bar, they'll add that circle if it's of interest, and that means adding YOU. The circles can be found forever... so can result in followers years or months after the original post. So the more circles you're shared in, the better smile
    3. Unlike Facebook where text posts get the most views, Google works best with images and INTERESTING link shares. Don't just spam, reshare other people's stuff, pretty photos you've taken (there is a huge following for photos on Gplus) and funny things.

I've started a circle of active hubbers. If you'd like to join, post on the circle link: https://plus.google.com/+SusannahBirch/ … 6Ps3spxn9M

1. profile image0
      KenDeanAgudoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have Google plus account and I have been participating on linky party and other exchanges group which everyone will be doing the same favor. Very true, pictures are great factor in sharing content on Google+. I have few friends who seems to be so elite on Google+. They have very large group there.

It would be nice if hubpages will insert Google+ buttons.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years ago

I have Google Plus, but I'm not active on it.  I just can't keep up with too many sites.  I have Face Book, and that's about the only thing outside of Hub Pages on which I really spend any time.

I also am on Linked In, but it wasn't really a good fit; in fact just today, I got another "so-and-so would like to connect with you," notice, and I ended up unsubscribing from notifications; will probably close the account.  I think it is mostly for job seekers/career changers, and I'm not looking to do either; I'm retired.

I can't even keep up with my own blogs--they are sadly neglected.  And when I do try to get in, I have all sorts of trouble, with it telling me I 'don't have an account,' and I have to jump through all kinds of hoops to get back in.  My current g-mail address is not the one I had when I began the blogs, and that seems to be a problem for Google--they want everything connected, and if I am already signed into my mail, then I can't get into my blogs!  Grrr.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Go to your blog, go settings>basic then down the bottom it says permissions. Then add a second blog author (your other email account).

As for Google Plus, it's not for everyone smile I'm a social nerd hehe.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
        LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Any exposure helps so I've left a comment on your circle. Thanks

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
        DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

WryLilt--I can't even get IN!  Even when I am NOT logged in to my e-mail, it brings up my 2 g-mail addresses, and wants me to "sign in to all of Google with one account."
        But, if I sign in with either g-mail address, it comes back and tells me that I don't have a blog, and asks if I want to open one.  SO frustrating!
        It brings me to the blog, but won't let me sign in with the e-mail with which the blog was originally created. 

EDIT:  Ok, I managed it, but wow--what a rigamaroll, to invite myself to 4 blogs at 2 different e-mail addresses...Blogger/Google never heard of the "K.I.S.S." principle, apparently!

3. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 9 years ago

I am trying to learn to use it, getting a bit better at it so far I am starting to understand circles and learning to add people

4. Barbara Kay profile image72
    Barbara Kayposted 9 years ago

I left a comment there too. I have an account that I don't use all of the time. Finding time to understand everything there has been a problem.

I think I am overextended. Having 3 websites and 2 blogs is just more than I can keep up with.

5. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 9 years ago

Hey just saw that I was on there, cool list! Thanks!

6. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

Thanks Susannah, wow I am on the list!!!

Don't forget we also have What The Hub? on G+ too. Why not sign up for both and get those hubs chugging?

WTH here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities … 909?cfem=1

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)